Topic: Gen Xer makes sure young people think his generation is weird.
Posted by Quence
www.numbersusa.com

Why does Gen X have to show up at events for us young folk and ruin things?  WHY?!

https://i.imgur.com/y0LCTeM.mp4

Posted by .
Unregistered

Explain to me the generation labels. I'm not sure which gen I fit in.

Posted by Quence
www.numbersusa.com

. said: Explain to me the generation labels. I'm not sure which gen I fit in.

Generation X

Born between 1965 and 1980, they are the “latch-key kids” who grew up street-smart but isolated, often with divorced or career-driven parents. Sloane Rangers, Yuppies, they are seen as the renaissance of entrepreneurship. Most remember being in school without computers and then after, the introduction of computers in middle school or high school. More interested in philosophizing than settling with a long-term career and family, they tend to commit to self and average 7 career changes in their lifetime, unlike earlier generations. Society and thus individuals are envisioned as disposable. Late to marry (after cohabitation) and quick to divorce…many single parents.

Gen Xers are often called the MTV Generation. They experienced the emergence of music videos, new wave music, electronic, glam rock, heavy metal, punk, grunge and hip hop. It is the Nirvana, U2, Madonna, torn jeans, Friends, Beverly Hills 90210, PC generation.  

They are into labels and brand names. They want what they want and want it now, but struggle to buy, and most are deeply in bank and credit card debt. With high levels of skepticism, “what’s in it for me?” defines them as consumers. Refered to as Digital Immigrants.

Posted by Quence
www.numbersusa.com

Generation Y or Millennials

There are no precise dates when the generation starts and ends. Researchers and commentators use birth years ranging from the early 1980s to the early 2000s. Known as sophisticated, technology wise, immune to most traditional marketing and sales pitches, they’ve seen it all and been exposed to it all since early childhood.

American sociologist Kathleen Shaputis labeled Millennials as the Peter Pan generation, because of their' perceived tendency to delay some steps into adulthood (like housing, career and marriage) for longer periods than most generations before them. These labels were also a reference to a trend toward members living with their parents for longer.

According to a Goldman Sachs research: "Millennials have come of age during a time of technological change, globalization and economic disruption. That’s given them a different set of behaviors and experiences than their parents. They have been slower to marry and move out on their own, and have shown different attitudes to ownership that have helped spawn what’s being called a “sharing economy.” They’re also the first generation of digital natives, and their affinity for technology helps shape how they shop. They are used to instant access to price comparisons, product information and peer reviews. Finally, they are dedicated to wellness, devoting time and money to exercising and eating right. Their active lifestyle influences trends in everything from food and drink to fashion."

They are the Yahoo, mobile phones, Google, Facebook, iPhone generation. With unlimited access to information, they tend to be assertive, with strong views. Envision the world as a 24/7 place; want fast and immediate processing. Generation Y are less brand loyal and the speed of the Internet made them flexible and changing in their fashion, style consciousness and where and how it is communicated with. Refered to as Digital Natives.

Posted by Quence
www.numbersusa.com

Generation Z

It is the generation born after 1995 and they have never known a world without computers and cell phones. Their age now spans from pre-schoolers to teenagers and they are digital integrators, having integrated technology seamlessly into their lives, and having used it from the youngest age; it is almost like the air that they breathe, permeating almost all areas of their lifestyle and relationships. They are savvy consumers and they know what they want and how to get it and they are over saturated with brands.

Globally focused, visually engaged, educationally transformed, socially defined. It is the generation that will experiment Google glass, nano-computing, 3-D printing, driverless cars. Refered to as “Technoholics”, because they are entirely dependent on IT. There is a lot of research on them and their characteristics.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Quence said:
Generation X

Born between 1965 and 1980, they are the “latch-key kids” who grew up street-smart but isolated, often with divorced or career-driven parents. Sloane Rangers, Yuppies, they are seen as the renaissance of entrepreneurship. Most remember being in school without computers and then after, the introduction of computers in middle school or high school. More interested in philosophizing than settling with a long-term career and family, they tend to commit to self and average 7 career changes in their lifetime, unlike earlier generations. Society and thus individuals are envisioned as disposable. Late to marry (after cohabitation) and quick to divorce…many single parents.

Gen Xers are often called the MTV Generation. They experienced the emergence of music videos, new wave music, electronic, glam rock, heavy metal, punk, grunge and hip hop. It is the Nirvana, U2, Madonna, torn jeans, Friends, Beverly Hills 90210, PC generation.  

They are into labels and brand names. They want what they want and want it now, but struggle to buy, and most are deeply in bank and credit card debt. With high levels of skepticism, “what’s in it for me?” defines them as consumers. Refered to as Digital Immigrants.

I'm 40. Don't lump me in there with  a 65yr on granny. I have more tech experience than the 12yr old gen Z kid. The generation descriptions are all wrong.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Boomers - Absolute shitheads
Gen X - Angry shitheads
Millennials - Entitled shitheads
Gen Z - Delusional shitheads

Posted by .
Unregistered

Second poster in this thread.

Posted by Quence
www.numbersusa.com

. said:
I'm 40. Don't lump me in there with  a 65yr on granny. I have more tech experience than the 12yr old gen Z kid. The generation descriptions are all wrong.

Well, the Gen designations aren't exact science.  I've seen other sources refer to Gen X as being from 1963 to 1978.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Proud boomer here.
Saw the best of the world, too young for Vietnam.
Winners!

Posted by .
Unregistered

I'm not saying 60yr olds don't know tech. I grew up watching ZDTV with Leo Laporte who is probably in his 80s now. I'm pretty sure he knows how to program a VCR in fortran.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:

­
Gre

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:

­Experience, yes.

Intuitive grasp? Doubtful.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Boomers - Absolute shitheads
Gen X - Angry shitheads

­
I'd agree with that :lol:

Posted by .
Unregistered

Gen X - Angry shitheads

­

Pretty damn spot on. Fuckface.

Posted by .
Unregistered

That dude has actually got some moves. Quince is just jelly.

Posted by Quence
www.numbersusa.com

Gen X - Angry shitheads

­:rolleyes: We are not entitled or delusional!

Posted by .
Unregistered

GEN X IS THE SWEET SPOT ON THAT LIST... THE LAST GENERATION WITH AN INKLING OF FCUKING COMMON SENSE.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Like us or not, we GEN-X angry shitheads are the very last line of people who can remember what this Nation once was before the GLOBALIST AGENDA & RADICLE ZIONISM had infiltrated every aspect of peoples very lives. And we still read n write in cursive, you illiterate little tech-fuck wit bastards of slut assed single mommas.

Oh I know you like to lump us in with our ultra-selfish Boomer parents, but we don't really care for those absolute shitheads either. 
But we are stuck with them till they check out and we are mostly stuck with your needy weak hearted asses till you git the fuck out of our house, and our fucking wallets... 
That is if you ever get a fucking clue, an GROW THE FUCK UP & START ACTING LIKE GODDAMNED ADULTS.

Posted by .
Unregistered

I used to see faggots like this dancing arty raves in 1992. He's a childless faggot, he ain't nobody's dad.  Dads have more important things to do than spend a boring day at a festival with lame and poor half fruity children listening to queer ass music and eating overpriced crap food and stuffing their bodies with poison.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: GEN X IS THE SWEET SPOT ON THAT LIST... THE LAST GENERATION WITH AN INKLING OF FCUKING COMMON SENSE.

­

Millennials and GenZ whole-heatedly reject reality in all of its forms and will likely be better off for it.

Xers will suffer the pains of knowledge, reality, common sense, etc. without endless delusions and stupidity to draw respite or strength from.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Like us or not, we GEN-X angry shitheads are the very last line of people who can remember what this Nation once was before the GLOBALIST AGENDA & RADICLE ZIONISM had infiltrated every aspect of peoples very lives. And we still read n write in cursive, you illiterate little tech-fuck wit bastards of slut assed single mommas.

Oh I know you like to lump us in with our ultra-selfish Boomer parents, but we don't really care for those absolute shitheads either. 
But we are stuck with them till they check out and we are mostly stuck with your needy weak hearted asses till you git the fuck out of our house, and our fucking wallets... 
That is if you ever get a fucking clue, an GROW THE FUCK UP & START ACTING LIKE GODDAMNED ADULTS.

­Gen Xers had Silent Generation parents.

Gen Ys had Boomer/Gen X parents.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Quence is a boomer with a penis.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­

Millennials and GenZ whole-heatedly reject reality in all of its forms and will likely be better off for it.

Xers will suffer the pains of knowledge, reality, common sense, etc. without endless delusions and stupidity to draw respite or strength from.

THE SELF INDUCED IGNORENCE IS THEIR BLISS, AS THEY STARE MINDLESSLY DOWN AT THEIR SMARTERPHONES AND SHUFFLE IN LOCK-STEP TO THE CORPERATE SHIPS WAGE-SLAVE GALLEY TO TAKE UP THEIR OARS... :lol:

FUCK EM, AND LET THE WORLD BURN DOWN AROUND THEM, BUT LET IT LAST TILL I'M GONE AT LEAST THEN FUCK IT!

Posted by .
Unregistered

Quence said: Why does Gen X have to show up at events for us young folk and ruin things?  WHY?!

https://i.imgur.com/y0LCTeM.mp4

­shut the fuck up w your bullshit on f169 you “modeled in the 80s”.

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.