Topic: Halp
Posted by madelf.
Unregistered


. said: Cooking steak completely well done makes it dry/hard.

­No kidding. Beef is tricky. If it is cut like a steak, OK, that needs to be cooked for a minimum amount of time. Other cuts... guesswork. Surely, long cooking (2+hrs) on med-low, any beef cut will result in something tender, hopefully, but that is not practical for people who need to cook and eat within an hour's time.


Posted by madelf.
Unregistered


. said: Hey madelf, can you fix a BBQ chicken in a roaster oven?

­What is a roaster oven? Like a toaster or counter top convection oven? Then, yeah, of course. Why not?


Posted by .
Unregistered


madelf. said:
­What is a roaster oven? Like a toaster or counter top convection oven? Then, yeah, of course. Why not?

­
Clueless bimbo. :lol:


Posted by Mascara
Reverb Queen


madelf. said:
­Yeah... I must have an intolerance to any oil but olive or coconut. No clue why.

­
The frozen vegetables don't help either.  I use snow peas, bean sprouts, fresh carrots, mushrooms and green onion instead of those nasty frozen things they use in restaurant fried rice.  Fresh ginger too.  Very little oil.


Posted by madelf.
Unregistered


. said:
­
Clueless bimbo. :lol:

­Oh yeah, that makes sense.


Posted by madelf.
Unregistered


Mascara said:
­
The frozen vegetables don't help either.  I use snow peas, bean sprouts, fresh carrots, mushrooms and green onion instead of those nasty frozen things they use in restaurant fried rice.  Fresh ginger too.  Very little oil.

­Sure... I think I prefer other Asian dishes. No hard feelings, China.


Posted by Katalyst
Agent Provocateur


. said:
­
Clueless bimbo. :lol:

­
FEMALE DETECTED. MUST GET HER
\
:comicbookguy:


Posted by .
Unregistered


It's that douche bag, gumtard.


Posted by madelf.
Unregistered


I don't get it. What is a roaster oven? Is that roasting in an oven or, as I took it, some special cooking apparatus, like the thing that have at grocery stores to cook a chicken on, or a home-version of it? I only have an oven, and a stove top to work with. HALP.


Posted by madelf.
Unregistered


For the record, you can make chicken and BBQ chicken in a microwave. Microwave does not cook many meats right but chicken it can do. Someone explain why.


Posted by Mascara
Reverb Queen


madelf. said: I don't get it. What is a roaster oven? Is that roasting in an oven or, as I took it, some special cooking apparatus, like the thing that have at grocery stores to cook a chicken on, or a home-version of it? I only have an oven, and a stove top to work with. HALP.

­
I guess this is what a roaster oven is:

http://www.amazon.com/Oster-CKSTRS23-22-Quart-Roaster-Stainless/dp/B00400QBJA

I've never used on either. It looks like a modified crockpot used to roast things; like a little stovetop mini oven.


Posted by .
Unregistered


Yep, chicken is easy-peasy.


Posted by madelf.
Unregistered


Mascara said:
­
I guess this is what a roaster oven is:

http://www.amazon.com/Oster-CKSTRS23-22-Quart-Roaster-Stainless/dp/B00400QBJA

I've never used on either. It looks like a modified crockpot used to roast things; like a little stovetop mini oven.

­:lol:

I think users of this board sometimes forget that it's national or international and we don't all share the same slang.


Posted by .
Unregistered


ok


Posted by The Gumbi
Unregistered


spaghetti with homemade sauce made from fresh tomatoes.


Posted by .
Unregistered


How long did you simmer the sauce?


Posted by .
Unregistered


A woman who doesn't know what a roaster oven is obviously can't cook.
\
:snob:


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said: Yep, chicken is easy-peasy.

­

shut the fuck up, ferret.


Posted by .
Unregistered


shutup yoseff, gumtardo.


Posted by madelf.
Unregistered


. said: How long did you simmer the sauce?

­For the beef shank? 2 hrs.. ate it. It was delicious and now it is time for bed. G'n.


Posted by .
Unregistered


No, how long did the spaghetti sauce simmer, GUMTARDO !?


Posted by .
Unregistered


?


Posted by The Gumbi
Unregistered


. said: No, how long did the spaghetti sauce simmer, GUMTARDO !?

Like 2 hours or so. I took a bunch of tomatoes, blanched them and peeled off the skin. Diced and removed seeds and guts. 

Sautéed some onions and fresh garlic in olive oil and then added the tomatoes. Crushed then up in the pot. 

Added Italian seasoning, some anise seed, fresh basil, salt, pepper, red wine, some paste + water to bulk it up a bit, little sugar to cut the acid. Came out great.


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said:
­
Clueless bimbo. :lol:

The Best Kind! :lol:



Quick Reply
Moniker:
 

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.

Log In | Register | Close