Topic: Etch This Post In Stone: Uber Stock Is An Easy 100% Gain From Right Here At $27.
Posted by Fudster
Unregistered

I bought $400,000 of it yesterday.

When it hits $54, I'll post a pic of the slightly used Aventador I purchase with the profits. 

This is the most obvious and easiest money I've seen on Wall St. in years.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Fred bookmarked.

Posted by Fudster
Unregistered

. said: Fred bookmarked.

­
Dow 40,000 is coming.

This market is going to melt up like never before.

Way too many people are short the market, all thinking the wheels are coming off.

What they don't realize is that massive inflation is going to prevail. Hugely.

The wheels are coming off... but they won't stop rolling.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Ride sharing is here to stay but, why are they losing so much money?

Posted by .
Unregistered

Uber is a pile of shit though.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Ride sharing is here to stay but, why are they losing so much money?

­Supposedly, they are spending it on expansion.

Posted by death2me
Freedom of Movement

This. How can a company be worth so much if it is losing money? It has no significant assets and moderate barriers to entry--I could start a competitor tomorrow and if it was 10% more generous to drivers I would take them all away from Uber.

If shares are going to go to $54, why are the priced at $27 now? Why are they leaving "money on the table?"

Posted by .
Unregistered

I have a fuckton that I got over 10 years ago. My lockup ended yesterday and I'm just holding.

Posted by .
Unregistered

death2me said:
This. How can a company be worth so much if it is losing money? It has no significant assets and moderate barriers to entry--I could start a competitor tomorrow and if it was 10% more generous to drivers I would take them all away from Uber.

If shares are going to go to $54, why are the priced at $27 now? Why are they leaving "money on the table?"

­
The basic numbers:

- their revenue is close to $4B/quarter. That's their revenue, not gross bookings (doesn't include what drivers make)
- they lost $1.1B but 400MM of that was stock compensation. So, real  loss was $700MM which means they spent about $4.7B in the quarter
- they can cut costs from the 4.7B but they want to grow. They grew revenue 30% year over year. That's what the 700MM went to
- they have 12.7B of cash meaning if they didn't change their burn at all, they have 18 quarters (just under 5 years) of cash left
- they said they will be EBITDA profitable in 2021
- they own chunks of other ride sharing companies all over the world. Grab, Didi, etc. That has a zero cost to them.
- they have multiple lines of business that are growing, freight, eats, etc.
- they have developed a ton of tech, a bunch of their frameworks are open sourced

They had to develop a ton of tech themselves because of internal scaling issues due to the volume of transactions they do.

Posted by Fudster
Unregistered

­

Remember what Bezos said back in 1997: Get big, fast.

Uber is doing the same thing. They will dominate the rideshare business. But they need to burn cash to get big, fast.

Look at Amazon's stock chart going back to the 90's. Imagine if you had bought the dips.

I'm not saying Uber can't/won't go lower than here. Only that it's sure to double from here.

Posted by .
Unregistered

how is losing money even possible?

they have no offices, no equipment.  the whole thing is an automated app.

i suppose programming for all the different phones, in different countries , would cost something

they make people pay for their own background check now

the answer is: someone is getting a lot of money, and Uber is losing a lot of money

Posted by .
Unregistered

death2me said:

­
You need to read my 20 year old pile of Industry Standard publications I keep in my “folly” box. They lionized cultish CEOs, ran endless pieces about Warren Buffet’s irrelevance, and championed EBITDA as a measure of company vitality. Cash was dead. Then they went out of business too.

I don’t understand the endless expansion drive ahead of making your first $1 in profit. That’s why I like the Signal vs. Noise blog.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Uber had 5 billion rides in 2017.  10 billion rides in 2018.

yes doubling your income in one year, on that scale, with zero costs, should be the most lucrative business eva

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.