Topic: Paging Micro$oft Office Tards
Posted by .
Unregistered

I have several machines, and my primary home machine (for web surfing and emails) is a Mac.  The latest MacOS update makes my pirated copy of Office 2011 inoperable.  I have Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Skype, and Outlook, which I would like to still use for occasional work.  I sure as fuck don't want to pay for that curry head's bullshit subscription model.  

Here are my options as I see them:
1. OpenOffice, Libre Office, etc.  Drawbacks:  won't work with all files from work, when I work from home.  
2. Office365:  fuck off with the subscription model
3. Home and office version of M$ Office 2019:  only one machine (would like to use it on two) for $149.  No Outlook, so I can't reference my old .PST files.
4. Don't upgrade MacOS (bad option)
My work Windows machines are on Office365, and my Linux machines are never used for work.  I don't want my shit in the cloud.  What should I do?  Torrent Office365?  Haven't done that in years.

Help!!!

Posted by .
Unregistered

Why not use the native Mac apps?

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Why not use the native Mac apps?

­
Numbers is okay, but the Excel type app is not as easy to use as M$.  Also, it is not that compatible with M$ documents as I understand it.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
. said: Why not use the native Mac apps?

­
Numbers is okay, but the Excel type app is not as easy to use as M$.  Also, it is not that compatible with M$ documents as I understand it.

­
I meant Pages...Pages is okay.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Google docs?

Posted by .
Unregistered

Anyone that can’t spell Microsoft correctly is a retard.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Anyone that can’t spell Microsoft correctly is a retard.

­
It's spelled Micro$oft.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Just pay you fucken joe
\
:trev:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Just pay you fucken joe
\
:trev:

­
Fuck my life, am I going to have to shell out $149 x 2 = $300 for two copies (one for my laptop) of shitty Office 2019 without Outlook?

Posted by .
Unregistered

During the good old days, you could just torrent yourself a copy.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Office 97 SP2 is still the best well I mean minus Outlook

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Office 97 SP2 is still the best well I mean minus Outlook

97 is when they really changed things.  For work, I need to be able to use styles and style sheets, which 97 does not have (at least not easily accessible).  Also, it won't be compatible with the latest MacOS.

Posted by .
Unregistered

I get that shit free with my VisualStudio MSDN subscription :digtbk: but my company pays 10K for my Visual Studio Enterprise subscription:lol:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
. said: Anyone that can’t spell Microsoft correctly is a retard.

­
It's spelled Micro$oft.

:dumbass:

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.