Topic: Will I ever regret not having kids?
Posted by teapots.nli
Unregistered

You whining privileged pussies.  You aren't the first men to die and nobody in history has eaten as many chili-dogs as you have.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: im 50 and i lay in bed at night thinking how i stumbled completely clueless through this life.

if i had known then, what I know now, i could have lived a great life.  but no, we are thrown into this fucking place and know NOTHING, and it seems like EVERYTHING is designed to decieve us and lead us down the wrong path, to an end of regret and remorse, which I curse the entire satanic human race for.  ( just kidding,i love people)

i fantasize about not leaving the town i went to high school in, where I knew so many people, i think what it would be like now to go to grocery store, and see grown kids of people I knew, the feeling of belonging that would be.

god what the fuck is this shit, i really hate that we are so misguided our whole lives by demons.

­:potd:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­
I've talked to you several times on these boards over the years.  You are a good guy and I'm sorry about your upbringing.  I am glad that you are in a good place now.

For me, marriage is out of the question right now, as it won't add anything to my life that I don't already have.  My girlfriend is pretty good, but very vocal and likes to provide input on everything I do.  I really don't want to give her any more control over my life than she already has.  She makes more money than me, so that isn't an issue.  I'm too old to get anyone much better than her and sometimes I feel lucky to even have her.  My life is good but I'm concerned about old age.  I can't imagine my parents navigating life without their kids at their age.  Future support should never be a reason to have kids but I still think about it.

­
You don’t need to marry to have kids. That’s a lie. It supposedly may make some bureaucratic elements easier. What matters is the partnership. Unmarried partners look better, are healthier, and enjoy better sex. I’ve done my research.

Depending on her age she probably wants kids. Hell, I have an older friend, 56, starting on his second family. He keeps fit and has a career where he won’t be forced out at 60 or even 65. His partner accepts that he may not live until the kids are 20. Then again, she’s much younger and as the provable milfy late 40s or 50-something she’s likely to be she won’t have inordinate trouble finding someone new.

Just prepare to have your life turned upside down for at least 5-6 years. Nobody would force you to be a smothering, stressed out, helicopter parent. Just don’t absorb the upper class white obsessive culture that still doesn’t turn out kids who perform like those reared under domineering Tiger Moms.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Final thoughts, a quote from Kierkegaard:

“Marry, and you will regret it; don’t marry, you will also regret it; marry or don’t marry, you will regret it either way. Laugh at the world’s foolishness, you will regret it; weep over it, you will regret that too; laugh at the world’s foolishness or weep over it, you will regret both. Believe a woman, you will regret it; believe her not, you will also regret it… Hang yourself, you will regret it; do not hang yourself, and you will regret that too; hang yourself or don’t hang yourself, you’ll regret it either way; whether you hang yourself or do not hang yourself, you will regret both. This, gentlemen, is the essence of all philosophy.”

­So you are fucked whether you get fucked or not.

Posted by .
Unregistered

teapots.nli said: You whining privileged pussies.  You aren't the first men to die and nobody in history has eaten as many chili-dogs as you have.

­
Go fuck your moose blowup doll you useless old queer. Your life lesson is the aspiration of what not to be.

- KM.as.a.dot

Posted by .
Unregistered

Anyone who has or wants kids is living out their life as a lower animal.

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.