Topic: Should I get a folding bike?
Posted by .
Unregistered

Do they make ones with gears these days?

Posted by MCMLV
old geezer

Yes they do have multiple seeds, and while not nearly as efficient or comfortable as regular bikes, they certainly do the job and are great for commuting on a bus or train or pack in the back of a trunk of a car.  Great if you want to carry it into a business or workplace. 

It doesn't feel or handle the same as a regular bike though. 20 inch wheels, the same size as a childs bike.

Posted by death2me
7,058,637 more votes.

Yeah, I used to have a folding bike with gears.

One danger I noticed is that I kept almost getting my foot caught under the pedals somehow.

Posted by .
Unregistered

20 inch wheels are no problem if you've ever ridden a bmx bike.

Posted by .
Unregistered

I see a couple of these every day on the train that I take to work.

Posted by MCMLV
old geezer

. said: 20 inch wheels are no problem if you've ever ridden a bmx bike.

­
Except with a folding bike, the handle bars sit much much higher and the frame is much lower to the ground. Definitely a different feel then a BMX bike. You really notice the difference if you try to stand on the pedals.  But once you get used to it, which won't take long, they are fine to use. 

http://www.amazon.com/fBIKE-Direct-Speed-Folding-Margarita/dp/B00AKI93NC/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1421547576&sr=8-5&keywords=folding+bike&pebp=1421547601706&peasin=B00AKI93NC

You can buy a folding bike with 26 inch wheels, but it makes for a much larger folding bike.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Folding bike :lol: 

Fucking GAY!

Posted by MCMLV
old geezer

How can a mechanical piece of equipment be gay???

Didn't know bicycles had sex organs.

Posted by .
Unregistered

MCMLV said: How can a mechanical piece of equipment be gay???

Didn't know bicycles had sex organs.

Because they look really gay and people riding them look gay.

Posted by MCMLV
old geezer

I suspect the dot has homosexual issues himself.

Posted by .
Unregistered

MCMLV said: I suspect the dot has homosexual issues himself.

Go ride your clown bike faggot

Posted by .
Unregistered

They do look kinda dumb. But I was thinking of getting a vintage retro one.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: They do look kinda dumb. But I was thinking of getting a vintage retro one.

They have a purpose, but if you want to cover any ground they are much less fun than a full size bike. If it's vintage I would look at a good old English 3 speed with internal gear hub unless you need the folding feature. Old English bikes are popular in many cities and can be found for reasonable prices.

I got a one owner 1957 model last year off of Craigslist. The seller was the original owner. His Dad took him to buy it in 1957.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
They have a purpose, but if you want to cover any ground they are much less fun than a full size bike. If it's vintage I would look at a good old English 3 speed with internal gear hub unless you need the folding feature. Old English bikes are popular in many cities and can be found for reasonable prices.

I got a one owner 1957 model last year off of Craigslist. The seller was the original owner. His Dad took him to buy it in 1957.

:faggot:

Posted by .
Unregistered

I don't have one, but I would like to have a good folding bike. To me that is very futuristic. Keep your bike in your napsack, and when you need to ride, you just unfold your bike and go.

Posted by .
Unregistered

GAY

Posted by .
Unregistered

Fitting it into  knapsack? :lol: Tell us how that works out sonny.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: I don't have one, but I would like to have a good folding bike. To me that is very futuristic. Keep your bike in your napsack, and when you need to ride, you just unfold your bike and go.

How about a folding unicycle?

Posted by .
Unregistered

Why don't you take the seat off that unicycle shove the post up your ass and ride that around.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
 . said:

:faggot:

Huh?  Why is buying a bicycle make someone gay?

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
Huh?  Why is buying a bicycle make someone gay?

Buying a folding bicycle is incredibly gay. Faggot.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:

­
I am an older tard and I got a new English three speed in the mid sixties. I sold it in the mid 70's and am sorry I did.

Posted by MCMLV
old geezer

Got a internal geared 3 speed bike for Christmas 1968 (I was 13 almost 14 at the time), had it trashed by the next year. But I did everything on that thing, jumped curbs, would set up a wood ramps and see how far I can jump, zoom it down alleyways and every kind of abuse possible. 

Fun times...

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Why don't you take the seat off that unicycle shove the post up your ass and ride that around.

­ Is that how you get to work?

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­
I am an older tard and I got a new English three speed in the mid sixties. I sold it in the mid 70's and am sorry I did.

­ Yeah those are cool.

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.