Topic: California wises up, decides to destroy uber and gig economy
Posted by .
Unregistered

Typical california to ruin everything. These drivers all voluntarily took "gig" jobs and california decides to fuck it all up.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Link?

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Link?

here you go faggot. Theres this place called "google", for future reference. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/11/technology/california-gig-economy-bill.html?acti Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Posted by .
Unregistered

working link?

Posted by .
Unregistered

just goes to show.  if government stays out of the way, what simple elegant wonderful solutions arise.

Uber is a vital means of mass transit for millions, or billions of people.  good for drivers, good for consumers.

why anyone would feel the need to fuck this up is beyond comprehension.

Posted by .
Unregistered

of course all these big corporations with all the payroll taxes, healthcare, unemployment etc etc

that's all just there to hamstring small business, obviously.  to protect the globalist monopolies.

you have nothing but huge stores selling shit they buy from china for $1 , for $30.

only until the tariffs, YOU could buy that shit too online.

the tariffs are obviously for the LITTLE guys, the big corporations won't be paying shit

Posted by .
Unregistered

said:

Uber is a vital means of mass transit for millions, or billions of people.  good for drivers, good for consumers.

­Yeah. Before Uber, I suppose you think there were no taxi services that were sufficiently well regulated as to protect passengers and drivers alike. Once Uber is properly regulated, it’ll look a lot like taxis always did.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: just goes to show.  if government stays out of the way, what simple elegant wonderful solutions arise.

why anyone would feel the need to fuck this up is beyond comprehension.

­All big corporations are ran by criminals who work to rig the system. when corporations were allowed laws were specific they had to be a benefit tot he community first . Well f course shareholders didn't like that so when Henry Ford wanted to build another factory using company profits shareholder sued and a corrupt judge ruled in their favor and now looking after shareholders is the only responsibility big co has.

Posted by .boomerboi
Unregistered

The self-righteous left is out in force praising this horrible idea. It never occurs to them that many people WANT to work as independent contractors because it grants them massive flexibility that you can't get on a regular job. We live in a time when the unemployment rate is bottom low, so the idea people are being "exploited" by this is nonsense. Its time for the government to get out and stay out of the economy. As much as I despise the man, I am being pushed into voting for Trump.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:

­Yeah. Before Uber, I suppose you think there were no taxi services that were sufficiently well regulated as to protect passengers and drivers alike.  Once Uber is properly regulated, it’ll look a lot like taxis always did.

­That's one thing about Los Angeles... before Uber, I never saw a Taxi cab. We just didn't really have that here, like they do in New York. Uber is a great service. It keeps drunks off the road. It saves people from having to pay the ridiculous amounts they charge for parking.

But this is California. From the top (Newsom) down, politicians are useless and actively seek to fuck shit up.

:facepalm:

Posted by .
Unregistered

.boomerboi said: The self-righteous left is out in force praising this horrible idea. It never occurs to them that many people WANT to work as independent contractors because it grants them massive flexibility that you can't get on a regular job. We live in a time when the unemployment rate is bottom low, so the idea people are being "exploited" by this is nonsense. Its time for the government to get out and stay out of the economy. As much as I despise the man, I am being pushed into voting for Trump.

Just bit your lip and pull the lever for TWUMP Mr. Boomer. Those LIBS want your pension money to give to the wet-backs.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­Yeah. Before Uber, I suppose you think there were no taxi services that were sufficiently well regulated as to protect passengers and drivers alike.  Once Uber is properly regulated, it’ll look a lot like taxis always did.

­

The taxi industry fucked themselves and fuck them......I've had nothing but hell ordering taxis........I've waited for over an hour for one more than once. Fuck them......AND why didn't those idiots think of an APP like uber..............IT'S WHAT THEY FUCKING DO.......i'll tell ya why, cause they thought their little monopoly was "protected".

Posted by .
Unregistered

.boomerboi said: The self-righteous left is out in force praising this horrible idea. It never occurs to them that many people WANT to work as independent contractors because it grants them massive flexibility that you can't get on a regular job. We live in a time when the unemployment rate is bottom low, so the idea people are being "exploited" by this is nonsense. Its time for the government to get out and stay out of the economy. As much as I despise the man, I am being pushed into voting for Trump.

­
"unemployment rate is bottom low"

Well if one believes the government made up numbers.

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.