Topic: College mental health & suicide prevention expert commits suicide
Posted by .
Unregistered

At least it was an informed decision.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ny-university-pennsylvania-mental-health-services-leader-dies-suicide-20190910-5g53eg4jczdfned2cwjittoegi-story.html

Posted by .
Unregistered

I've had a pretty shitty life at times, much worse than most people for sure.
That said, I have never once in my entire life ever comtemplated suicide. 
It never even crossed my mind. 

Being suicidal has to be a mental or character defect. It is a weakness.
Weak people walk amongst us. Unfit to live.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Hope they harvest his organs and give them to people who have a strong will to live.

Posted by .
Unregistered

MORE PUSSY FOR ME

Actually no. I'm just going to cry in the corner now.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Unless he had terminal cancer or something illness like alzheimers, I cannot sympathize with him.

Posted by .
Unregistered

I'd kill someone else before I'd kill myself.

Posted by .
Unregistered

White cismale self-deletes. No loss.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: I'd kill someone else before I'd kill myself.

­
Exactly.

What hate yourself when you can hate africans and jews?
At least they serve some purpose.

Posted by death2me
Gina Miller Fan Club

. said: I've had a pretty shitty life at times, much worse than most people for sure.
That said, I have never once in my entire life ever comtemplated suicide. 
It never even crossed my mind. 

Being suicidal has to be a mental or character defect. It is a weakness.
Weak people walk amongst us. Unfit to live.

What the fuck is wrong with you? Perhaps you are merely dull?

Posted by .
Unregistered

Intelligent people and very talented people are more likely to suffer mood disturbances. :frown:

Posted by .
Unregistered

death2me said:
What the fuck is wrong with you? Perhaps you are merely dull?

­
Better dull than dead.

Posted by .
Unregistered

How We Bounce Back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLzVJVM1BUc

Posted by .
Unregistered

Unless I were ill or grievously injured I wouldn’t do it.

Depression can run deep. I have considered the possibilities of suicide and at one point set a year for when I planned to kill myself, then realized that even after the kids were out of college they’d probably be traumatized. There’s also so much stuff to get ready for the event it’s daunting. Wills, insurance, cash to leave behind, asset disposal, having the home in sellable condition. I ran several models and I couldn’t get everything to align perfectly.

Sometimes you see no point and self-select. Now I just hit the depression head on. I’m mindful of it. I don’t absorb other people’s shit anymore and will confront when needed because I don’t have much to lose.

I still have a fantasy in which I stop a mass shooter or terrorist attack and die in the process, granting me a heroic finality.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: White cismale self-deletes. No loss.
I HATE YOU WHITE CISMALES!
YOU ARE SO LUCKY TO BE YOU!
\
:carlton:

­White cismale self-deletes. No loss.

I HATE YOU WHITE CISMALES!
YOU ARE SO LUCKY TO BE YOU!
\
:gayness:­

:mittens:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Unless I were ill or grievously injured I wouldn’t do it.

­I can't picture myself doing it, either, but there are terrible things that happen in people's lives that aren't illnesses or grievous injuries.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­I can't picture myself doing it, either, but there are terrible things that happen in people's lives that aren't illnesses or grievous injuries.

­
Whenever something terrible happens in my life, I blame ni66ers or jews.
Works for me!

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
. said:

­
Whenever something terrible happens in my life, I blame ni66ers or jews.
Works for me!

­No, you don't. You blame White men.

Then you spend the rest of your day and night whining about White men.

Posted by .
Unregistered

You guys should read a book called "What Made Maddie Run?"  -- it is about a girl from U Penn who committed suicide, one of MANY, there is a complete epidemic on that campus.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: You guys should read a book called "What Made Maddie Run?"  -- it is about a girl from U Penn who committed suicide, one of MANY, there is a complete epidemic on that campus.

­
I'm not going to waste one second reading that book.
I have no sympathy for weak people.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­
I'm not going to waste one second reading that book.
I have no sympathy for weak people.

­
Well, my personal opinion is that of Arthur Schopenhauer, that suicide is not a morally wrong thing, but is a mental mistake like saying 2 + 2 = 5.

What the suicidal person wants is to be themselves without the pain, but you can never achieve that result if you kill the "you" -- so the act of suicide can never achieve its goal.  

People get depressed and their logic degrades. I don't think it is weakness, I think people's minds go illogical.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­
Well, my personal opinion is that of Arthur Schopenhauer, that suicide is not a morally wrong thing, but is a mental mistake like saying 2 + 2 = 5.

What the suicidal person wants is to be themselves without the pain, but you can never achieve that result if you kill the "you" -- so the act of suicide can never achieve its goal.  

People get depressed and their logic degrades. I don't think it is weakness, I think people's minds go illogical.

­:facepalm:

So, where does "logic" bring you if the pain can't be mitigated?

Suicide would be "logical" if you'd rather not exist than exist with the pain or if you were convinced that you'd continue to exist but in another state without pain.

Posted by .
Unregistered

remember the 4 young people who offed themselves in a garage using carbon monoxide?  Then there were lots of copycat suicides.  Then the media started to suppress reporting of suicides.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­

It's probably genetic.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: remember the 4 young people who offed themselves in a garage using carbon monoxide?  Then there were lots of copycat suicides.  Then the media started to suppress reporting of suicides.

­
If only those young women had had a taste of my cock, it would have replenished their life-meter!

Posted by .
Unregistered

That counselor was dealing with a lot of shit.

But there's no excuse to abandon your family, your children, especially that way.

Lot of sadness in this world.

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.