Topic: Life is good down by the river
Posted by .CrazyAlice
Unregistered


Are your initials BFJS or BFFJS?


Posted by .JOE
Unregistered


.CrazyAlice said: Are your initials BFJS or BFFJS?

No not even close... I'm just Joe.


Posted by .CrazyAlice
Unregistered


.JOE said:
.CrazyAlice said: Are your initials BFJS or BFFJS?

No not even close... I'm just Joe.

­Good. :)


Posted by .
Unregistered


.JOE said: Saint Louis Missouri 1862 I had just come back to civilization after being out west on a fur trapping expedition for 3 years. I was 22 at the time and a hardened trapper and outdoorsman by standards then. I had just settled up accounts with the company man, and had a fair pay-day after three years of hard and arduous work out in the wilds. About all I wanted right then was a bottle, a bath, a bawdy gal & a real bed for a few days. 


I was headed down the walk to get it too, when some fella hollered out "hey trapper! stop right there!" as I was crossing an ally tween two buildings. I looked up to my right to see some fella standin  behind a big ugly thing with three legs lookin around it. "Stop right there he said, don't move a muscle" as he ducked back behind the contraption and tossed a black cloth over his head. He held up this thing with a handel on it, It was shiny like a tinhorn. He took something off the front of the contraption that looked like a cannon barrel and there was a big flash! 


I was blinded but pointed my rifle at him as best I could and fired back. I heard him scream and had pulled my pistol  to finish him still half blind. As I staggered towards him a man grabbed me, I told him "Lemme go this sum bitch is tryin to bushwack me & take my stake! as I struggled to get to the man layin there cryin holding his side. 
Finally a few more men managed to hold me back and tell me what had happened. He's taking your photograph you fool! one of em said, he wasn't tryin to rob you. Aint no sum bitch a taking nuthin from me an live to tell it I said to all of em.  Now let me go to finish my busness with the man! About that time a constable came up, took my pistol, and asked what had happened... 


I told him this man tried to take my photograph agin my will, and I shot him in self defence after he shot at me first! He called me out, and then he shot at me with that damn swivel gun he got on that tripod dammit, look you'll see the damn smoke is still in the air! They had helped the man up by then and had looked at his wound. He barley hit him one of em said, he grazed him at best. The man told the constable. The officer asked me where I was coming from. I told him I was fresh back from 3 years away in the wilds. He nodded, handed me my pistol back and told me to be on my way but to not be so damn trigger happy. And that's what I did...


Joe.


Now that's a hell of a story.


Posted by .W.A.G.
Unregistered


:respeck:

Worth the read.


Posted by .CrazyAlice
Unregistered


. said:
.JOE said: Saint Louis Missouri 1862 I had just come back to civilization after being out west on a fur trapping expedition for 3 years. (I got sidetracked here as it reminded me of the first "western" I ever read. https://www.amazon.com/Night-Tiger-Al-Dewlen/dp/B0007E23UE)    I was 22 at the time and a hardened trapper and outdoorsman by standards then. I had just settled up accounts with the company man, and had a fair pay-day after three years of hard and arduous work out in the wilds. About all I wanted right then was a bottle, a bath, a bawdy gal & a real bed for a few days. (He got mugged and all his money taken.)


I was headed down the walk to get it too, when some fella hollered out "hey trapper! stop right there!" as I was crossing an ally tween two buildings. I looked up to my right to see some fella standin  behind a big ugly thing with three legs lookin around it. "Stop right there he said, don't move a muscle" as he ducked back behind the contraption and tossed a black cloth over his head. He held up this thing with a handel on it, It was shiny like a tinhorn. He took something off the front of the contraption that looked like a cannon barrel and there was a big flash! (Did you get a copy after you cooled down?)


I was blinded but pointed my rifle at him as best I could and fired back. I heard him scream and had pulled my pistol  to finish him still half blind. As I staggered towards him a man grabbed me, I told him "Lemme go this sum bitch is tryin to bushwack me & take my stake! as I struggled to get to the man layin there cryin holding his side. 
Finally a few more men managed to hold me back and tell me what had happened. He's taking your photograph you fool! one of em said, he wasn't tryin to rob you. Aint no sum bitch a taking nuthin from me an live to tell it I said to all of em.  Now let me go to finish my busness with the man! About that time a constable came up, took my pistol, and asked what had happened... (I hate people taking pictures of me too, but nowadays it is impossible to avoid them with all the cell phones and street cameras.)


I told him this man tried to take my photograph agin my will, and I shot him in self defence after he shot at me first! He called me out, and then he shot at me with that damn swivel gun he got on that tripod dammit, look you'll see the damn smoke is still in the air! They had helped the man up by then and had looked at his wound. He barley hit him one of em said, he grazed him at best. The man told the constable. The officer asked me where I was coming from. I told him I was fresh back from 3 years away in the wilds. He nodded, handed me my pistol back and told me to be on my way but to not be so damn trigger happy. And that's what I did...(What was your name then? )


Joe.


Now that's a hell of a story.

­How do you explain being 179 years old?  Just keep movin'?


Posted by .CrazyAlice
Unregistered


.W.A.G. said: :respeck:

Worth the read.

­It looks like the King is wearing a diaper.
Just sayin'.


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said: I had someone ask me "Just who I thought I was" today, I don't think the man was ready for my answer.

"I am an immortal spirit being here on a life test & to experience all I can on my walk in the Savage Garden. 
But to make test fair, I was stripped by the Creator of most my powers & esoteric knowledge gained over many hundreds of lifetimes.
This is to give myself and others a fair n level playing field to a degree. But I like it here, so I contenue to come back around. I've done
it so many times already, that now I'm starting to retain more of my Spiritual power & knowledge each time I return.
I can't wait to get out of here, and move on to the next existence that awaits me out there in the Savage Garden of the Creator.
But in order to do that, I have to live this life out, and wait until this meat-suit ceases to live by any means other than my own hand to ascend "      
We all get what we believe we deserve in this life & the next as well...  The Creator is infinite & merciful that way...
If you believe at end of this life, it will be the end for you and you will go back to the Creator, then it shall be granted unto you.  
YOUR vessel will go to dust just as mine will in the end my friend, but my SPIRITUAL BEING though, Oh it will go on for many thousands of years
and hundreds of lifetimes. My Spirit Being was here back before this continent even had a name. It will still be here when it no longer does"

Upon hearing this, the man nodded, promptly got up and left the Cafe'...


A 179 years is nothing compared to over a thousand lifetimes...


Posted by .Abaddon
Unregistered


. said:
. said: I had someone ask me "Just who I thought I was" today, I don't think the man was ready for my answer.

"I am an immortal spirit being here on a life test & to experience all I can on my walk in the Savage Garden. 
But to make test fair, I was stripped by the Creator of most my powers & esoteric knowledge gained over many hundreds of lifetimes.
This is to give myself and others a fair n level playing field to a degree. But I like it here, so I contenue to come back around. I've done
it so many times already, that now I'm starting to retain more of my Spiritual power & knowledge each time I return.
I can't wait to get out of here, and move on to the next existence that awaits me out there in the Savage Garden of the Creator.
But in order to do that, I have to live this life out, and wait until this meat-suit ceases to live by any means other than my own hand to ascend "      
We all get what we believe we deserve in this life & the next as well...  The Creator is infinite & merciful that way...
If you believe at end of this life, it will be the end for you and you will go back to the Creator, then it shall be granted unto you.  
YOUR vessel will go to dust just as mine will in the end my friend, but my SPIRITUAL BEING though, Oh it will go on for many thousands of years
and hundreds of lifetimes. My Spirit Being was here back before this continent even had a name. It will still be here when it no longer does"

Upon hearing this, the man nodded, promptly got up and left the Cafe'...


A 179 years is nothing compared to over a thousand lifetimes...

­Is the man going to get a gun?
This time around, Jesus says "NO MERCY" killing.
No retreat, no surrender.
If you go down it is because someone better than you beats you fair and square.
Else, you are going to live for a very, very long time.


Posted by .JOE
Unregistered


There is nothing wrong with living a long time in the Savage Garden, after all the Creator made it for us to begin with.
It is chock full of wonder, wild, beautiful, savage, sublime, surreal, weird, simple and complex wickedly wonderful things to 
experience and enjoy... A thousand lifetimes couldn't capture a fraction of all it has to offer the senses, even on a base level.
Millions live upon the face of this world having never truly seen it for what it is...
A Physical amusement park, for Spiritual Beings.


Posted by .JOE
Unregistered


I have to be careful with my words sometimes, I tell too much truth at once, and it overwhelms some people. Just like the young man in the Cafe' that day.
He asked, I answered him truthfully, and it blew his mind from the inside out... His first reaction was to get up and away ASAP from me. But that's OK.
because now he's "thinking" hopefully.
In the world of blind men, the one eyed man is a king - if he chooses to be...


Posted by .CrazyAlice
Unregistered


.JOE said: I have to be careful with my words sometimes, I tell too much truth at once, and it overwhelms some people. Just like the young man in the Cafe' that day.
He asked, I answered him truthfully, and it blew his mind from the inside out... His first reaction was to get up and away ASAP from me. But that's OK.
because now he's "thinking" hopefully.
In the world of blind men, the one eyed man is a king - if he chooses to be...

­They just call me crazy and do the opposite of whatever I say. :shrug:


Posted by .
Unregistered


.CrazyAlice said:
­They just call me crazy and do the opposite of whatever I say. :shrug:

I KNO THE FEELING... :lol:


Posted by .JOE
Unregistered


Imagine being able to see around the curve, over the hill, and behind the curtain, and no matter what you say, nobody believes you or takes your serious.
Even when you remind them of what you told them before it came to pass, they still deny that you just might know something they don't or can't see yet.
It can be torturous too those who are "knowing". 
The "Curse of Casandra" is a real thing... 
History does not repeat itself 100% but it damn sure rhymes. 


Posted by .
Unregistered




Posted by .
Unregistered


Rivers cause cancer

:what:


Posted by .JOE
Unregistered


NEEDLESS DRAMA, FEAR, & STRESS OVER SHIT WHAT DON'T REALLY MATTER IN YOUR LIFE CAUSES MORE THAN CANCER...
IT CAUSES A BROKEN HEART, MIND, SPIRIT, BODY, & SOUL TO THE POINT THAT IT CAN KILL YOU!
THAT SHIT HAS SNUFFED OUT MORE FOLKS THAN A RIVER EVER HAS!


Posted by .JOE
Unregistered


Went into town for a bit, had me some lunch with a friend, and then went & got me a good close high & tight Flattop haircut... I get two haircuts a year, March 10th & Sept 10th or as close as I can come to those two dates. Now I might break that if something big happens and I need to shine up a bit, but as a rule those are the only two haircuts I get a year. Also I make the barber sweep my hair up and put it in a paper bag so I can take it with me when shes done. I don't just leave my hair where some witch can get it. They can get it and put a "rue" on ya.
I bring it back to camp and bury it on the full of the moon... If you come into my camp an I aint here, I'll know it.


Posted by .Abaddon
Unregistered


.JOE said: Imagine being able to see around the curve, over the hill, and behind the curtain, and no matter what you say, nobody believes you or takes your serious.
Even when you remind them of what you told them before it came to pass, they still deny that you just might know something they don't or can't see yet.
It can be torturous too those who are "knowing". 
The "Curse of Casandra" is a real thing... 
History does not repeat itself 100% but it damn sure rhymes. 

­"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
But, if the tools you are using have changed, then so do the results (sometimes).
Wake up too fast and some peoples head might explode.


Posted by .Abaddon
Unregistered


. said: Rivers cause cancer

:what:

­Living causes cancer.  Should we make Rivers illegal or just pollute the shit out of them?


Posted by .CrazyAlice
Unregistered


.JOE said: Went into town for a bit, had me some lunch with a friend, and then went & got me a good close high & tight Flattop haircut... I get two haircuts a year, March 10th & Sept 10th or as close as I can come to those two dates. Now I might break that if something big happens and I need to shine up a bit, but as a rule those are the only two haircuts I get a year. Also I make the barber sweep my hair up and put it in a paper bag so I can take it with me when shes done. I don't just leave my hair where some witch can get it. They can get it and put a "rue" on ya.
I bring it back to camp and bury it on the full of the moon... If you come into my camp an I aint here, I'll know it.

­Compared to you, my life is free and easy.  I leave tons of hair behind about every 2 1/2 months w/o a care.
I do wear an eye given to me by a Greek though.
It is blue.
I am thinking about letting it grow a little longer and maybe get some streaks put in. 
I will miss my hairdresser when I move. :frown:


Posted by .CrazyAlice
Unregistered


Workers are tearing out my patio doors (I live in an apartment) to replace them with a door and a window that will not open.
That leaves me with only window to crawl out. :rolleyes:


Posted by .
Unregistered


.Abaddon said:
­Living causes cancer.  Should we make Rivers illegal or just pollute the shit out of them?

:lol: No Mr. Abaddon, living does not cause cancer, living wrong or against nature does... The wages of sin is death after all... I firmly believe that, something has to "trigger" a cancer to grow. I can tell you that rivers do not cause cancer, now some of the horrible shit put in them by idiots and industry might help it to "trigger" but not the river itself. If that was true, I would have been long dead before now...


Posted by .CrazyAlice
Unregistered


.JOE said: Imagine being able to see around the curve, over the hill, and behind the curtain, and no matter what you say, nobody believes you or takes your serious.
Even when you remind them of what you told them before it came to pass, they still deny that you just might know something they don't or can't see yet.
It can be torturous too those who are "knowing". 
The "Curse of Casandra" is a real thing... 
History does not repeat itself 100% but it damn sure rhymes. 

­They believed the Oracle of Delphi in Greece.  They even stored their treasures there until the last one died.
It is a beautiful place.


Posted by .Abaddon
Unregistered


. said:
.Abaddon said:
­Living causes cancer.  Should we make Rivers illegal or just pollute the shit out of them?

:lol: No Mr. Abaddon, living does not cause cancer, living wrong or against nature does... The wages of sin is death after all... I firmly believe that, something has to "trigger" a cancer to grow. I can tell you that rivers do not cause cancer, now some of the horrible shit put in them by idiots and industry might help it to "trigger" but not the river itself. If that was true, I would have been long dead before now...

­Some people have stronger constitutions than others.
I could eat a blood red mushroom growing out of a rusty old pickup and not even get a belly ache.
Just a little metal in my spine.  I do a lot of ferrying.



Quick Reply
Moniker:
 

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.

Log In | Register | Close