Topic: Life is good down by the river
Posted by .CrazyAlice
Unregistered

. said:
I like that one from the Dead, I play this one a lot down here too.

­I did not know it was about an old Scots man.
That's just like St eve Earle to slip one in. :lol:

Posted by .
Unregistered

.CrazyAlice said:
. said: We all float down here.

­:rofl:
It's the wine.  I save all my corks.

You savin up to build a barge? :lol:

Posted by .CrazyAlice
Unregistered

. said:
.CrazyAlice said:
. said: We all float down here.

­:rofl:
It's the wine.  I save all my corks.

You savin up to build a barge? :lol:

­Just a little dinghy. :wink:

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

Ben says I ought to take all that bamboo, I got and tie it together and make a damn barge out of it! 
Hell, I got enough to build a Chinee' Junk, sails & all as it is! That wouldn't work well though, to many moving sandbars & shallows here for a deep drafting vessel.
If I was closer to the coast, maybe... Even a barge here would be a hell of an endeavor.

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

Well tomorrow is Monday, and while some of you will no doubt be rushing off to your padded cells without doors called cubicles,
I will be out by the fire pit having my coffee listening to the woods come alive, and the river flow by my lil camp. I will be wishing
you all a good and profitable day, with minimal bullshit from your bosses, coworkers, & customers of course. Nobody needs a shitty
Monday after all... Just know wherever you are whatever you're doin, Ole Homeless JOE wishes you well, and try to have a great day! 

Posted by .
Unregistered

You're just rubbing it in, Joe. You lazy Hobo!

Posted by .CrazyAlice
Unregistered

.JOE said: Ben says I ought to take all that bamboo, I got and tie it together and make a damn barge out of it! 
Hell, I got enough to build a Chinee' Junk, sails & all as it is! That wouldn't work well though, to many moving sandbars & shallows here for a deep drafting vessel.
If I was closer to the coast, maybe... Even a barge here would be a hell of an endeavor.

­An inner tube might be fun.  I did that one time on a different river and when it got too shallow, you just get up and walk.
But you can stretch out on top and drift thru mere inches of water.
Take a small ice chest for beer and water.

Posted by .
Unregistered

You go tubing down the Guadalupe River did ya?
I've been there camped out for a few weeks one spring. Had a great time too. I had iced tea though, I don't drink alcohol.
I am a mean assed drunk, I wanna fight & raise hell and I know it, so I don't do it. 
Too much Red Nigga in my blood, cant have the blanket assed savage comin out when I'm on the "fire water" :lol:

Posted by .
Unregistered

I admit it, I can't drink for shit... Never could, I got a limit- then it goes to holy hell on wheels with me and I get into trouble.
I wised up about 17 when I was facing a manslaughter charge after a black out drunk I pulled in Bossier Parish on a bender.
There is nothing more sobering than waking up in a hospital under guard, and finding out you've beat a man to death with a brick on the street in
front of God & everybody before falling over passed out drunk with two stab wounds and ya throte cut. 

The only thing that saved me, was a waitress that was out back on break that seen what had happened.
Without her, my ass would be writing this from Angola Penitentiary probably. 
I was out in the back ally puking leaned against a wall, when that Ni66er come up with a knife and tried to rob me. 
We fought out onto the sidewalk and fell down and he cut me, I managed to grab a brick there at the curb and hit him in the head.
The problem was I beat the man with the brick till about all was left was his lower jaw. Excessive force they called it.
If he hadn't just got out of Prison and had a criminal history a mile long, I would have been screwed!

I was acquitted, they ruled it "justifiable homicide"
But I still had to do six months in County with no bail, while the Lawyers & court got all that shit worked out.
BEST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO ME!

I learned more about Life & the real world in that 6 months, than I ever learned at school or on a job then.
Without a doubt I went in a mean lil bastard, but I was in the company of some sure enough hardened mean assed motherfuckers!
My lil supposed  badassery wasn't nuthin compared to some of those guys. I figured out real quick to keep my mouth shut, be respectful,
and listen to what they said. And that was just the damn guards! Those men did not fuck around, they would beat your ass if you tested them.
I never got the business, but I seen a few who tried em that did. They fought the Law, and the Law beat the living shit out of them for it.

The convicts were some bad suns a bitches as well, but I was just a damn kid to them, and they were actually very nice to me and didn't give me any shit.

I was lucky, I had family that give a shit, and they kept my canteen account full up. You damn right I shared my way to an easy stay. I wasn't stupid.
I shared the wealth, yes I did! I wasn't a greedy lil fucker, and I figured out quick who was who, and I exploited that shit to my advantage.
Of course that was a different time back then... I feel sorry for the young men that fuck up, and get caught up in that meat grinder of a system now.
But I listened & learned from both the Convicts and the Guards, I got my shit straight & together, and I come out of there a grown assed man and a better one.

I have not been drunk since. My lil Red Nigga ass learned a valuable lesson at 17, and I never forgot it...

Posted by .
Unregistered

So did you ever feel bad about the man you killed so horribly Joe?

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

DO I WISH IT HAD NOT HAPPENED? YES I DO.
DO I REGRET IT?  YES I DO.
DO I FEEL BAD OVER IT? NO SIR, I DO NOT...

I'm not being a jerk or an ass to you, I am just being honest...
I got a nice reminder of it, every time I look in a mirror at this scar across my fucking throat & the two on my chest.
If not for LSU Medical Center I would be dead myself.
I was a drunk assed teenager, in the wrong place at the wrong time, and he was a career criminal at the right place at the wrong time
and his luck ran out & karma come calling in a lifetime of debt he owed.
And it served me up a hard lesson that I needed at the time.
Simple as that.

Posted by .CrazyAlice
Unregistered

. said: You go tubing down the Guadalupe River did ya?
I've been there camped out for a few weeks one spring. Had a great time too. I had iced tea though, I don't drink alcohol.
I am a mean assed drunk, I wanna fight & raise hell and I know it, so I don't do it. 
Too much Red Nigga in my blood, cant have the blanket assed savage comin out when I'm on the "fire water" :lol:

­I think it was the Colorado.  It was easy drifting on our part of the river.

I like unsweetened tea, beer, wine, and water.  I only have 1/32 Cherokee or 1/16 if it skips a generation,
so I have come out of heavy drinking periods to none all by myself.
But I do like the weed.  :)
My step-father could drink a whole case of beer and just be a friendly drunk.  It was when he drank whiskey that he got mean.
Whiskey makes me act crazy...  Have to avoid that stuff nowadays.

Posted by .CrazyAlice
Unregistered

.JOE said: DO I WISH IT HAD NOT HAPPENED? YES I DO.
DO I REGRET IT?  YES I DO.
DO I FEEL BAD OVER IT? NO SIR, I DO NOT...

I'm not being a jerk or an ass to you, I am just being honest...
I got a nice reminder of it, every time I look in a mirror at this scar across my fucking throat & the two on my chest.
If not for LSU Medical Center I would be dead myself.
I was a drunk assed teenager, in the wrong place at the wrong time, and he was a career criminal at the right place at the wrong time
and his luck ran out & karma come calling in a lifetime of debt he owed.
And it served me up a hard lesson that I needed at the time.
Simple as that.

­We have to defend ourselves.  Even Jesus learned that lesson the hard way.

Posted by .Moviewhore
Unregistered

JOE, where do you stand on that rimming? I will give you $5.

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

I'm gonna have to pass, I mean no doubt you're good at it, but That just aint my bag & I don't need $5 from ya... :lol:
Go ask over at 196 I'm sure one of those faggers will take your offer.

Posted by .
Unregistered

JERKS, PRICKS, ASSHOLES & TROLLS MAKE ME :lol:

But HATERS, THEY make me LMAO! :lol:  :lol: :lol:
Who has time for such useless nonsense?

You're not gonna offend me, or hurt my "tender feelins" 
But if it makes you feel better, PLEASE FLAME ON!

Posted by .Abaddon
Unregistered

. said: JERKS, PRICKS, ASSHOLES & TROLLS MAKE ME :lol:

But HATERS, THEY make me LMAO! :lol:  :lol: :lol:
Who has time for such useless nonsense?

You're not gonna offend me, or hurt my "tender feelins" 
But if it makes you feel better, PLEASE FLAME ON!

­Are you sure you don't want to be off ended at any point in time?

Posted by .Moviewhore
Unregistered

.JOE said: I'm gonna have to pass, I mean no doubt you're good at it, but That just aint my bag & I don't need $5 from ya... :lol:
Go ask over at 196 I'm sure one of those faggers will take your offer.

­
Can I photograph you at my studio?

Posted by .
Unregistered

NO. Sorry, I believe pictures steal your soul and I'm Amish...
Electric Amish, but "Amish" none the less Englisher. :lol:

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

The last Photo taken of me was a "Tintype" and I shot the man who did it back in the 1800's.
Of course things such as that were acceptable back then...

Posted by Jessie.James
Unregistered

.JOE said: The last Photo taken of me was a "Tintype" and I shot the man who did it back in the 1800's.

­Tell me about it.
:chainsaw:vs:gunner:

Posted by .CrazyAlice
Unregistered

.JOE said: The last Photo taken of me was a "Tintype" and I shot the man who did it back in the 1800's.

­I have my picture on ff.
I keep hoping an old friend will look me up.

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

Saint Louis Missouri 1862 I had just come back to civilization after being out west on a fur trapping expedition for 3 years. I was 22 at the time and a hardened trapper and outdoorsman by standards then. I had just settled up accounts with the company man, and had a fair pay-day after three years of hard and arduous work out in the wilds. About all I wanted right then was a bottle, a bath, a bawdy gal & a real bed for a few days. 

I was headed down the walk to get it too, when some fella hollered out "hey trapper! stop right there!" as I was crossing an ally tween two buildings. I looked up to my right to see some fella standin  behind a big ugly thing with three legs lookin around it. "Stop right there he said, don't move a muscle" as he ducked back behind the contraption and tossed a black cloth over his head. He held up this thing with a handel on it, It was shiny like a tinhorn. He took something off the front of the contraption that looked like a cannon barrel and there was a big flash! 

I was blinded but pointed my rifle at him as best I could and fired back. I heard him scream and had pulled my pistol  to finish him still half blind. As I staggered towards him a man grabbed me, I told him "Lemme go this sum bitch is tryin to bushwack me & take my stake! as I struggled to get to the man layin there cryin holding his side. 
Finally a few more men managed to hold me back and tell me what had happened. He's taking your photograph you fool! one of em said, he wasn't tryin to rob you. Aint no sum bitch a taking nuthin from me an live to tell it I said to all of em.  Now let me go to finish my busness with the man! About that time a constable came up, took my pistol, and asked what had happened... 

I told him this man tried to take my photograph agin my will, and I shot him in self defence after he shot at me first! He called me out, and then he shot at me with that damn swivel gun he got on that tripod dammit, look you'll see the damn smoke is still in the air! They had helped the man up by then and had looked at his wound. He barley hit him one of em said, he grazed him at best. The man told the constable. The officer asked me where I was coming from. I told him I was fresh back from 3 years away in the wilds. He nodded, handed me my pistol back and told me to be on my way but to not be so damn trigger happy. And that's what I did...

Joe.

Posted by .WAG.
Unregistered

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chief_Joseph

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

The Indians got a shitty deal, bless em they were just too damn naive & trusting of the White Man to keep his word.
But then they were a people of the land & sky, children of nature who had no idea they were dealing with a people that thought them savages and sub-human even.
They had no concept of the White Mans civilization They like wise thought them to be silly and inept at just about all they did. 
The first few bunches that came to the east coast nearly all died trying to scratch out a living there. If not for the pity of the Indians they would have.
Had they known the future, those ships would have been met with flaming arrows and burned where they dropped anchor.

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.