Topic: Life is good down by the river
Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

65` Overcast. wet n damp foggy as hell and misty down here at the camp. I'm not complaining mind you, any mornin I wake up alive is a damn good one and I'm thankful! Sure, I think about the bad things in the world & universe, but I try to focus myself on "what's good, great, and wonderful" in the world & cosmos and how blessed I am to be able to do the things I can. For me, it's important, to make positive & good things happen whenever it's possible. 
I live my life knowing this for meself, there is always enough upon this good & rich earth for all me needs to be met by my Creator, and the wisdom he gives me to use it all to my benefit...

Posted by . JOE
Unregistered

Well good morning GONTS! Ya feckless feeble fisted teet fucking fanagelers... Things is looking up! Just got a call from Jefferson TX, the guy up there wants everything I have in the way of walking sticks,mudd slingers,& slingshots today!
I've been working on them anytime I wasn't in the middle of something else.
I told him you don't want all I got, how bout a 100 each today?  Bring them, I got the cash right here he said. So now the witch n me are headed to Jefferson to get paid.

Posted by .
Unregistered

.JOE said: 65` Overcast. wet n damp foggy as hell and misty down here at the camp. I'm not complaining mind you, any mornin I wake up alive is a damn good one and I'm thankful! Sure, I think about the bad things in the world & universe, but I try to focus myself on "what's good, great, and wonderful" in the world & cosmos and how blessed I am to be able to do the things I can. For me, it's important, to make positive & good things happen whenever it's possible. 
I live my life knowing this for meself, there is always enough upon this good & rich earth for all me needs to be met by my Creator, and the wisdom he gives me to use it all to my benefit...

­Good for you Joe. Focus on the positive, bring positive towards you and yours.

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

I figure there are enough jaded, grizzled, old negative-nancy farts runnin about bitchin, whinein, pissin & bemoaning shit. 
They don't need my company, and I don't want theirs... Those poor souls are rotting from the inside out with all that toxic shit they hold on too...
It's fucking sad.

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

Well, we made the trip up to Jefferson & back ok. Sold off me wares and turned a buck or two. Had some good eating at Riverside BBQ there, and made the rounds to the various shops. I took a few pelts I'd tanned out, 3 good big Coons 2 wild hog skins, and a deer hide. I sold them as well. It was a good & profitable day!

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

Ole dude called me this afternoon, asked if I had any more of those Hog Hides. I told him I had 3 more and he said I want them, and I'll come to get em. Well, he came down, bought the hides, a bleached boar skull and some tushes, Along with some fish traps, and leather work & bead work I had. He also bought a couple willow chairs & lil table the witch had just finished up on. We had a good visit, to say the least! I love folks who pay in cash.

Posted by .
Unregistered

.JOE said: Ole dude called me this afternoon, asked if I had any more of those Hog Hides. I told him I had 3 more and he said I want them, and I'll come to get em. Well, he came down, bought the hides, a bleached boar skull and some tushes, Along with some fish traps, and leather work & bead work I had. He also bought a couple willow chairs & lil table the witch had just finished up on. We had a good visit, to say the least! I love folks who pay in cash.

­Hell JOE, you're going to have more money than you know what to do with! A man who lives as simply as you doesn't have a need for a whole lot of money.

Posted by .
Unregistered

.JOE said: 65` Overcast. wet n damp foggy as hell and misty down here at the camp. I'm not complaining mind you, any mornin I wake up alive is a damn good one and I'm thankful! Sure, I think about the bad things in the world & universe, but I try to focus myself on "what's good, great, and wonderful" in the world & cosmos and how blessed I am to be able to do the things I can. For me, it's important, to make positive & good things happen whenever it's possible. 

­65 degrees??? Hell, lots of people are freezing to death up north. That's a decent temp, especially since it's calm with all the fog and such. I love fog. Things are usually much more quiet and people don't go out as much so they don't annoy me.

You have a heat source don't you? Like a wood stove? That will keep you warm.

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

. said:
­Hell JOE, you're going to have more money than you know what to do with! A man who lives as simply as you doesn't have a need for a whole lot of money.

­THIS IS TRUE. I AM A MAN OF SIMPLE MEANS AND DAMN FEW WANTS. I AM NOT CHEAP NOR MIZERLY, BUT I AM FRUGAL AND TRY NOT TO BE WASTEFUL. A MANS FIRST DUTY IS TO NOT BE IMPOVERISHED NOR IN NEED OF THE BASIC THINGS IN HIS LIFE. 
HOW CAN YOU HELP ANOTHER IF YOU CAN'T TEND TO YOUR OWN NEEDS?
YOU CANNOT POUR THE THIRSTY WATER FROM A DUSTY DRY EMPTY CUP.
MONEY TO ME IS JUST A TOOL TO MAKE THINGS EASYER FOR MYSELF AND THOSE I CAN HELP WITH IT. 
I KNOW "HOW MUCH IS ENOUGH" FOR ME TO BE CONTENT, ANYTHING ELSE IS FOR THOSE I WANT TO HELP.
TO BE ABLE TO LIVE AS YOU WANT, AND FIND PLEASURE IN THE THINGS YOU DO + BE ABLE TO HELP OTHERS... 
THAT IS WHAT IS GOOD IN LIFE.
WAGE SLAVERY ON A DEPT PLANTATION& LIVING NOTE TO NOTE HAND TO MOUTH AND AT THE BECK N CALL OF A WORLDLY JOB - SORRY, BUT THAT IS A HORRIBLE WAY TO LIVE TO ME.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Seems like you're happy living like you do Joe, but how long can you stay out there before your age & health become an issue?
Have you thought about that side of it, you know time marches on old man river.
:snicker:

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

. said:
You have a heat source don't you? Like a wood stove? That will keep you warm.

­Wood stove - check\
Fire pit - check
Propane Heater - check
Kerosine lanterns- check
Candels -check
Heavy Wool Blankets - check
Foot warming bed pups - check
A lil' bedwench that puts off the heat - check!
I made it 9 winters, and survived the GREAT SNO-POCO-LIPPZ  OF 2020 so I figure I'm OK.

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

. said: Seems like you're happy living like you do Joe, but how long can you stay out there before your age & health become an issue?
Have you thought about that side of it, you know time marches on old man river.
:snicker:

­I honestly do not know, as long as I can till I'm dead by whatever takes me to my Creator I guess.
I am very healthy for being 57, I eat well, avoid processed franken foods, and work my ass off every day at something down here. I do not intend to stop, till I drop. 
But I have things in order, in case of something debilitating, and funds to take care it.

Posted by .
Unregistered

At the end of the day most of you are just free range Tax & Revenue Chattle,

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

.JOE said:
.JOE said: THE BIBLE TELLING YOU ALL ABOUT THE DEMONIC-RATZ, WHO & WHAT THEY REALLY ARE.
2 Timothy 3
New International Version

But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 
People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 
without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 
treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 
having a form of godliness but denying its power. 
HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH SUCH PEOPLE.
They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over gullible women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, 
always learning but never able to come to a knowledge of the truth. 
Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so also these teachers oppose the truth. They are men of depraved minds, who, as far as the faith is concerned, are rejected. 
But they will not get very far because, as in the case of those men, their folly will be clear to everyone.

­IT IS OBVIOUS WHO THESE FOLKS ARE - THEY ARE THE BIDOPHILES.

­I said it then, and I mean it now...
THIS IS EXACTLY WHO THE LIBERALS & PROGRESSIVE, GLOBALIST DEMONIC-RATS AND RINO-REPUKES ARE.
These evil & corrupt people are against anything that is right, just, fair, and decent. They are outright bold-faced liars from the start.
You believe & trust them at your own peril, because they hold nothing safe nor sacred except their own agenda & goals.

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

IT WAS A GOOD DAY, DID A LIL BUSINESS IN TOWN AND PICKED UP SOME MORE BUFFALO SILVER ROUNDS AT $26 EACH. THE STACKING CONTENUES... AT $22.43 AN OZ + SPOT I'M NOT GONNA BITCH. WITH A GOLD TO SILVER RATIO OF 78 TO 1 MAN, I CAN BUY & HOLD AND WAIT FOR THE CONTRACTION JUST LIKE THOSE MONEY-CHANGERS AT J.P. MORGAN ARE... :LOL:

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

25% OF DEMONIC-RATS POLLED SAID THEY WOULD NOT BEFRIEND A NON-DEMONIC-RAT.
THIS MEANS 75% WOULD - BUT ONLY TO GET IN YOUR DAMN POCKET, OR A CHANCE TO TRY TO CORRUPT YOU WITH THEIR FILTH & PREVERSIONS.

71% OF DEMONIC-RATS WOULD NOT DATE A NON-DEMONIC-RAT.
THIS MEANS THAT 29% WOULD - BUT ONLY TO PLAY YOU FOR YOUR TIME, MONEY, & RESOURCES.

YOU MESS WITH THESE DEMONS AT YOUR OWN PERIL...

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

I am always amazed how quick people will declare they believe in GOD & ANGELS yet when you bring up any belief in the evils of Satan & Demons, they :lol: shine it on, & make jokes of it, like it's some "boogyman" you tell children about to scare them into acting right. 
The biggest n best lie & trick on humanity the Devil ever pulled off was convincing them he & his minions didn't really exist in this world...
WELL THEY DO... 
AND THEY ARE WORKING DOUBLE OVERTIME, SEEKING THOSE THEY CAN INFLUENCE, CORRUPT, AND DESTROY THROUGH WORLDLINESS & IRREVERENCE TO GOD.

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

Silver closed at $22.25 today. OH NO I LOST MONIES! :LOL:
I'VE BEEN STACKIN & HOLDING THAT SHIT EVER SINCE IT WAS $5 FOR A MORGAN.
THE SAD THING IS, I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW MUCH OF IT I GOT ANYMORE.

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

The man has a valid point...

Posted by .
Unregistered

I HAVE TO AGREE WITH GRAHAM HANCOCK ON THIS SUBJECT. IT STRIKES ME AS TOTALLY POSSIBLE.
WHEN HIGH TECH FAILS, IT IS THOSE WHO ARE ALREADY LIVING WITHOUT IT OR A LIMITED AMOUNT OF IT, THAT SEEM TO MAKE IT THROUGH THE CRISIS THE BEST OF ALL.

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

You'll never see the Amish freak out when the power goes out & the internet & cell service goes down. :lol:

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

HAD A HELL OF A STORM DOWN HERE LAST NIGHT, THUNDER LIGHTNING WIND AND A HARD RAIN HIT ABOUT 2:30 AM. IT PASSED THROUGH FAST. hAD A FEW LIMBS COME DOWN BUT NO REAL DAMAGE HERE THANK GOODNESS. BUT I WOKE UP TO THE NEWS OF THE DISASTER UP IN TN. & KY, DAMN THOSE POOR FOLKS UP THERE CAUGHT HELL TIMES 2 IT LOOKS LIKE. tHE FOOTAGE I'VE SEEN IS JUST HORRIBLE. I GOT FAMILY UP THERE IN THAT AREA, I WAS ON THE PHONE WITH THEM AND ALL ARE OK, THEY HAD SOME DAMAGE, BUT EVERYONE IS OK THANK GOD. SADLY, SOME FRIENDS UP THERE LOST ALMOST EVERYTHING. I CAN'T BE THERE TO DIRECTLY HELP, BUT I DID SEND THE NEXT BEST THING NEEDED, THE MONEY TO HELP TAKE CARE OF THEIR IMMEDIATE NEEDS...

Posted by .
Unregistered

No doubt they will need it Joe. I know you're glad that they are all OK. Things can be replaced, but people and pets cannot.  At least you were in a position to be able to offer help when they needed it most.

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

Ya know it is a funny thing in a way, knowing "how much is enough" for yourself, and being perfectly content in your personal level of abundance. 
When you reach that point, and you know it you're left with choices. Ease up and relax and coast in the contentment of your station, or keep going because you enjoy what you do not for the money, but for the enjoyment of it. Still in doing it, there is the pay off of monitary gain of course. 
But what to do when your content, happy with what you have and really want for nothing? 

Now I am not what you would call wealthy, but I have well more than enough for me. And I do enjoy profiting from my endevors and cutting a deal. It's the persuit, the risk, and the thrill of the sale that I love more than the money it brings. The money is just a way to keep score with myself, a tool to make things easier in this life. I don't use it to lord over others, I don't mizer it nor spend it on silly status symbols. I live a quiet simple life, and don't flash me cash. 

I have enough put by to take care of me should something happen that knocks me out of the game. And I've provided a good inheritance for my loved ones that survive me. The rest I use to help others with when the need comes. A long time ago I made a promise to myself that I would never be a greedy man, and that I would help those I could when they came to me in need.  
I refuse to live in "fear of lack and not enough" I live my life in "the fearlessness of Abundance & Plenty" for myself & others.
If there's one thing I know, it is that "It is better to be able to give with a free heart expecting nothing in return, than to receive anything with strings attached..."

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

Meanwhile today at Miltons Job...

CUBICLES are just PRISON CELLS without the BARS and well lit PADDED CELLS without the LOCKED DOORS.

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.