Topic: Life is good down by the river
Posted by .
Unregistered

.JOE said: No Sir, I don't have any chickens about the camp, to many foxes & bobcats about for that, It would be a constant problem. 
Even my pups and those 3 nasty fish-camp cats couldn't keep them at bay I'm afraid. Now Ben has Chickens & Guinea's his wife sells fresh eggs.
They are better than store bought eggs for sure. Big ole double yolk brown eggs too! Hell I can eat 2-4 at a sitting! The Guinea's eggs are good
too, they are smaller of course, but they are rich in taste.

­Too much detail and imagination to be fake.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Posted by .CrazyAlice
Unregistered

I'd like to raise Banties.  I had a flock once and some evil creature killed them all.
Ate the hens 'til it puked (owl?raccoon?)
and tore the rooster's head off(he had lots of red and black and gold) and threw him up against the tree.
He was just about to fly.
My grandmother say clip his wings, but I refused.

I wish I had now.  He might have lived.

https://www.thehappychickencoop.com/bantam-chickens/

Posted by .
Unregistered

Sounds like a coyote or dogs work, Alice. A Fox will take one at a time, An owl too. Coons just favor the eggs mostly.

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

I like the Banties, tuff lil birds, they will get every insect they can find too. I have thought about maybe getting a few Game hens and a rooster just to have about the place.
I like to watch em as they go about scratching n pecking along. They could probably make it down here. A few Guineas too maybe.
They make good watch foul, Guineas sound off at anything new or moving about... We got plenty of wild turkey's and roadrunners down here.
I've seen em several times while out foraging in the woods. Fast runnin boogers they are! They are safe from me, I'm not a turkey hunter, and a
Road runner or Chaperal bless it, their aint enough meat there to even try. There are a lot of Quail, Woodcock, and Doves though. I just don't hunt them.
The birds are pretty much safe from me, I'd rather watch them than eat them.

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

It is Labor day, and I refuse to Labor! 
I will however "work" on eating this wonderful Locally sourced Sirloin I'm grilling up for lunch.
Its nice thick n lean with a wonderful fat ring on the edge, sweet Jesus it is looking good!
Got me a sweet potato roasting along with it there, and a few lil hot dogs for me pups.
They did a good job this morning about 7am and let me know there was a damn dirty Revenuer & G-man easin in on me!
The sunz a bitches! :lol:

Posted by .CrazyAlice
Unregistered

.JOE said: It is Labor day, and I refuse to Labor! 
I will however "work" on eating this wonderful Locally sourced Sirloin I'm grilling up for lunch.
Its nice thick n lean with a wonderful fat ring on the edge, sweet Jesus it is looking good!
Got me a sweet potato roasting along with it there, and a few lil hot dogs for me pups.
They did a good job this morning about 7am and let me know there was a damn dirty Revenuer & G-man easin in on me!
The sunz a bitches! :lol:

­I went shopping and bought a mobile home.
Now to get my brother to find somebody to cut down those trees!
The home is ready to roll.
I can't wait to be trailer trash. :smile:

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

Thank Goodness it was just my no account Law Dawg brother and his new partner stopping in to see me on the way to my sisters place 70 miles east in La,
I stepped out to see em coming up the trail, I hollered out "I aint got no more whisky the stills broke dammit, but I got some good weed though!"
My brother replied, "If the shit aint no good your getting arrested & tazed, ya nutty ole ugly fucker!" It was good to see him, He lives out in Comerce Tx
north of Dallas now. He comes down every once in a while, and stops in on the way to see our sister, and we visit a bit. "You aint got no young gals down in that pit
again like last time I hope, he said straight faced... You know you cant do that shit anymore you promised the Judge, and it was all I could do to keep ya ass out of jail
the last time"
The guy with him, had a WTF? LOOK on his face that was priceless! We both busted out laughing... 

After that he introduced him, and we all had a seat and I got em a coffee cup. I told him. 
"Whatever my lyin brother told you about me, just know it's really worse.
He cant arrest me cause he knows I'll tell on him all that sneeky shit he did as a kid, and get him in trouble with the rest of the family."
Don't believe a word he says, the crazy bastard is a walking felony, his mean assed heart is so black he shits search warrants! 
It's why he lives out here, they wont let him live in town anymore.  The guy was havin a good laugh at us goin back n forth talkin shit. 
We had a good visit though.  They are going to come back and do some deer huntin this season with me. 

I got em to give me a ride up to the old mans house with a couple coolers where I keep my deep freeze, and I loaded him up with catfish filets and some grind meat
for chilie and some deer for my sister & her kids. When he comes back through tomorrow, I will load him up with some as well. I got plenty.
I sent a envelope with a letter, and a lil money for her as well, He asked where his was... 
"Hell I thought you was still on the take from those tranny hookers out in Denton! What? them ladyboys stiff you in more ways than one ya fag?" 
He laughed, "No, but the fat one with the peg-leg & glass eye, said to tell you she still misses you, and longs for your return..."
Oh fuck you cinder dick!  Give Sis the letter and don't be takin a cut this time! 
They gave me a ride back to the boat ramp, and headed out to La, to my sisters house. 
I took my big assed sirloin I liberated from the freezer, and made plans for lunch.

My lil brother, that fuckin lug. How the hell in a family of damn outlaws, log haulers, ramblers, gamblers, river rats, swamp folks, bootleggers & Bikers
he ended up being a COP I will never get... Fucking black sheep! But he's my lil brother, and I worry bout him...dammit all!

Posted by .
Unregistered

CRAZY ALICE : I went shopping and bought a mobile home.

I can't wait to be trailer trash. 

MOVIN TO DEEP EAST TEXAS ARE YOU?
YOU'LL LIKE IT THERE.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Posted by .CrazyAlice
Unregistered

. said: CRAZY ALICE : I went shopping and bought a mobile home.

I can't wait to be trailer trash. 

MOVIN TO DEEP EAST TEXAS ARE YOU?
YOU'LL LIKE IT THERE.

­I'm from DEEP EAST TEXAS, just a little further West in the PINEY WOODS, and I've visited my brother enough to know it's about the same.
I told him to save me a couple of pines in the front yard and a Hackberry Tree which is the only other kind available, but I am going to plant a Magnolia and some Red Oaks.  Maybe carry a small Live Oak with me from where I am now.  I need some sun though to plant flowers.  I love gardening except for pulling weeds.  I'm going to use his workshop too and try my hand at making a book shelf or bench.  Something simple to start.  I also know how to weld and use a cutting torch, but it has been a long time.

Do you live there too?

Posted by .CrazyAlice
Unregistered

:lol: JOE, you're family sounds about like mine.  My sister use to train drug dogs for the cops and once cleaned me out in an effort to save me, but the cops never even searched.
She did return a pipe I told her I bought in Amsterdam, but I eventually lost it anyway. I can't wait for Texas to legalize medicinal so I can grow my own.  Been hankering for some blueberry ever since I heard of it.

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

I never had to call in a favor from my baby brother, No doubt he'd do all he could If I needed him though. 
Granted I've been known to do a lot of "barely legal to damn shady shit" in my years. 
After all I wasn't always a good & decent upstandin "Christian Conservative" like I am these days... :lol:
I'm a lil farther northwest now, but I grew up over in La, though.
As far as legal weed, shit they might as well make it that way, & turn a buck on it already...

People are going to smoke it, and use it, and you're not gonna legislate morality on some people.
I don't smoke it, but I don't care if others do. Be it if they need pot for pain, or for pleasure, that's their business.
If it helps them cope with illness, or just mellow out & have a good time, they are more than welcome to it.

Posted by .
Unregistered

I had someone ask me "Just who I thought I was" today, I don't think the man was ready for my answer.

"I am an immortal spirit being here on a life test & to experience all I can on my walk in the Savage Garden. 
But to make test fair, I was stripped by the Creator of most my powers & esoteric knowledge gained over many hundreds of lifetimes.
This is to give myself and others a fair n level playing field to a degree. But I like it here, so I contenue to come back around. I've done
it so many times already, that now I'm starting to retain more of my Spiritual power & knowledge each time I return.
I can't wait to get out of here, and move on to the next existence that awaits me out there in the Savage Garden of the Creator.
But in order to do that, I have to live this life out, and wait until this meat-suit ceases to live by any means other than my own hand to ascend "      
We all get what we believe we deserve in this life & the next as well...  The Creator is infinite & merciful that way...
If you believe at end of this life, it will be the end for you and you will go back to the Creator, then it shall be granted unto you.  
YOUR vessel will go to dust just as mine will in the end my friend, but my SPIRITUAL BEING though, Oh it will go on for many thousands of years
and hundreds of lifetimes. My Spirit Being was here back before this continent even had a name. It will still be here when it no longer does"

Upon hearing this, the man nodded, promptly got up and left the Cafe'...

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

Sometimes you just have to get off into a persons head and poke about with a stick.  Spiritual growth always comes with initial discomfort.
You say something that strikes a cord in someone's true consciousness that goes against everything they currently believe to be so, it
is very uncomfortable to them...  This lil smartass Theology Student asked for it, and I gave it to him.

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

ONE THING I CAN TELL YOU THAT I DAMN WELL KNOW TO BE 196% TRUTH IS THIS...

NATURE HAS NO LIE IN IT. NO MATTER HOW YOU LOOK AT IT. NATURE IS AS HONEST & TRUTHFUL AS IT CAN EVER GET.
NATURE PLAYS NO FAVORITES, IT DOES NOT PUNISH WITHOUT REWARD IN SOME WAY, OR TO SOMETHING ELSE IN IT. 
NATURE DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOUR PLANS, HOPES, FEELINGS OR WISHES OR WHIMS, IT IS WHAT IT IS, AND IT DOES WHAT IT DOES, WITH
NO DIRECT THOUGHT TOWORDS WHAT IS RIGHT, JUST, OR FAIR FOR ANYONE OR ANYTHING IN IT...

NATURE ON A GRAND SCALE TO THE SMALLEST, OPERATES IN CIRCLES, CYCLES, SEASONS, WAVES, AND PATTERNS.
IT IS TIMELESS, IT IS ENDLESS, IT IS CONSTENT & CONSISTENT,  AND NOTHING MAN DOES CAN STOP IT FROM DOING ITS JOB...
IF YOU FIGHT IT, IT WILL DO ALL IT CAN TO KILL YOU.
IF YOU ROLL WITH THE FLOW, IT WILL PROSPER YOU ALL THE DAYS OF YOUR LIFE.

A MAN ADAPTS TO HIS ENVIROMENT, IT DOES NOT ADAPT TO HIM...

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

It's a beautiful day down here on the river, partly cloudy warm but mild & cool here in the shade. I can't wait for Fall though, I won't lie.
Not much going on here except for me working on my Christmas stock of staffs, canes, slingshots, and golf ball throwers.
I'd rather have too many than not enough come time...

Posted by .
Unregistered

Hey, Joe...

Ya ever been to the Potomac River?  I have.  Beautiful this time of year.  Especially the cherry blossoms in DC in Springtime.

No camping that I'm aware of, at least not in the DC area.

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

I have been to DC back in 1991. I found it to be a beautiful Capital City with the stunning Architecture and Parks, Memorials, etc. 
I think every American should go there in the spring at least once in their lifetime.  
It is stunning. Like Mount Rushmore, the pictures do not do it Justice, you have to see it to "get it"

Posted by .
Unregistered

MENTONE TEXAS THAT IS THE PLACE TO BE!

Posted by .Satan
Unregistered

Hey Joe,
Have you ever swam in the Nueches River?  It can be a life giving experience. :wink:

Posted by .
Unregistered

I know the river your talking about, goes all the way to the gulf of Mexico, I've never been there though.

Talking about a great river, back as a kid I went to visit an aunt that lived in Cristal City Tx, and we would go to the Nueces River and go swimming. 
It was a great time! The water was damn near crystal clear there. All us kids would spend all day in that water till Aunt May
had to threaten to leave us there in the dark to get us out!

Posted by .CrazyAlice
Unregistered

. said: I know the river your talking about, goes all the way to the gulf of Mexico, I've never been there though.

Talking about a great river, back as a kid I went to visit an aunt that lived in Cristal City Tx, and we would go to the Nueces River and go swimming. 
It was a great time! The water was damn near crystal clear there. All us kids would spend all day in that water till Aunt May
had to threaten to leave us there in the dark to get us out!

­I was baptized in the Nueces River and used to sneak off and go swimming there.

Posted by .
Unregistered

.Satan said: Hey Joe,
Have you ever swam in the Nueches River?  It can be a life giving experience. :wink:

­I have heard it called new h's. :lol:

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

Speaking of the Nueches River, is the fishing good there? From what the pics show its a beautiful place and a great looking river.
I bet that thing is full of catfish n Gar long as a car!

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.