Topic: Life is good down by the river
Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Mental illness.

­

What makes you say this? Reflections, perhaps?

Oh look, there they are again   ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,      commas!

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

Good morning! You murmuring murder of mischievous mincing magpies... 
I can already see you are hard at work cussing & discussing the latest NEWS of the world today served up by the MSM. 
Oh well you can only talk about College & Pro sports so damn much I guess. And you need something to talk about lest
you dare have a moment of serious self reflection about the present condition you find yourself in...
A slave to your DEBTS, chained to a job you hate more everyday, a wife & kids that take you for granted, shitty back-stabbing
coworkers with their petty fucking bullshit kvetching & complaining "that's not my job" all the fucking time...
BUT FUCK IT MAN! 
YOU MADE IT TOO FRIDAY AND THE WEEKEND AWAITS!

MAY YOU HAVE A GOOD ONE, THAT TAKES YA MIND OFF YOUR TROUBLES.

JOE,
Ignorance is bliss, and self denial is pretty good too.

Posted by .
Unregistered

I think I speak for all of us here when I say.    Fuck you Joe.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: I think I speak for all of us here when I say.    Fuck you Joe.

Whatever works for all yall haters Skippy-town... Fuck you niggaz too! "lol"

Posted by .
Unregistered

Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. 
But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night.
You fools can CUSS & MOCK me all you wish, it means nothing too me...
It's like a drunkard throwing rocks at a freightrain. :lol:

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

It has been a good day so far, I've been over here at Bens place splitting wood since about 6:30am splitting & stackin it out in ricks to speed it drying out.
Takin me a lil lunch break here in the shade, before getting back on it. I wanna try to get the biggest part of it done today, so the boys wont have so much
to do when they get in from school today. I'll give them a lil break, seeing how its Friday an all. They always come help me when I need them, so I'm returning 
the favor. I got nothin else really goin today, I'm all caught up back at the camp as it is, for now. I will run lines when I get through here, and fish into the 
night, but that's about it. Ben is out cutting a few trees today so he will be comin in with another load of rounds to be split here in a bit. I think he will have
plenty to sell this year, last year he sold out a little early, so he's doubling up this go round. I got a feeling he's gonna be glad he did.
JOE

Posted by .
Unregistered

Hey Joe, forgot to ask. Did you say you keep chickens around?  

My friends who live in suburbia have a few in their backyards. I helped them build a big multi story coop out of scrap lumber. Funny as heck thing to do. Now, their back lawn is immaculate, the birds eat all the bugs and grubs and spread their own fertilizer around. As soon as the sun is about to set, they head back automatically to the coop. Otherwise they run around free all day. The older bigger birds grab the top spots, the younger birds sit below them. The older hens with the jowls absolutely rule the roost. It's a sight to see. Reminds one of office cubicle politics 196%. 

Anyway, they get fresh eggs everyday which last longer than store bought kind. They taste better IMO. The birds also have a small amount of feed with vitamins and piles of tiny little stones available along with plenty of water. In the winter, the coop is well insulated but a couple of 100 watt light bulbs adds more than enough heat. For the minimal investment my friends get fresh eggs, a great lawn and a set of chores for the kids.

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

No Sir, I don't have any chickens about the camp, to many foxes & bobcats about for that, It would be a constant problem. 
Even my pups and those 3 nasty fish-camp cats couldn't keep them at bay I'm afraid. Now Ben has Chickens & Guinea's his wife sells fresh eggs.
They are better than store bought eggs for sure. Big ole double yolk brown eggs too! Hell I can eat 2-4 at a sitting! The Guinea's eggs are good
too, they are smaller of course, but they are rich in taste.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Well, I made a pretty good run at it, the boys were happy to see I had been working ahead of them. 
They jumped right in and we got it knocked out in short order. It goes faster when ya got two splitters goin.
The boys got on em and I was loading the ATV TRAILER and stacking it out fast as I could. They were gettin
a kick out of tryin to bog me down I think, I was bustin ass to keep up and they still out run me. :lol:
After that we pulled & stacked some of the stripped Bamboo, so the goats could get at some more leaves & such.
And I got back to camp and made a run of my lines and rebaited, and just made it back to camp before the rain storm started up.
Now I'm having a cup of coffee and watchin the rain & lightning, and listening to the thunder roll. When it passes I will run again.
I might make a few more runs tonight, then get a lil nap in while its cool. My holding net is about full up already. There should be
a good payday when the fish truck comes Monday.
Right now, though its coffee & watchin the rain come down.

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

Well I topped off the holding net last night, made my last run about 3am. I laid down got a nap in and was back up at 6:45 or so. 
I thought about it, and decided to call the fish market and see if he wanted to come down and get these fish this morning for the three day weekend. 
There's a lotta fish fries on a long weekend. Ole Bill was glad I called! :lol: He sent the truck down, said he needed them as he was running low as it was. 
I met the truck down at the boat ramp and weighed up my catch, I had 473 lbs of catfish and 45lbs of gar. My biggest catch to date! 
It was a nice pay day for me! Over $900 worth at that! Granted it was 6 days worth of hard work, but it was damn good & worth it!
I wasn't punching no clock, or havin to put up with some SJW, CORP-SPEAK & MICRO MANAGING BULLSHIT to get it... Fcuking Priceless!

Now with that business took care of, I got the whole three days to just fuck off n coast, Hell, I might even spend some money! :lol:
Within reason of course, there's no need to be rash... :lol:

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

Looks like the park & boat ramp is gonna be busy this weekend, already their are some folks down there cooking out & swimming having a good time.
It got started last night really, there's a big assed party down here every weekend as it is, but a 3 day weekend? Yeah, those college kids are gonna party
that ass off for sure. "lol"  

The adventures & risks of youth, are the planted seeds of wisdom in maturity. That much I do know...
If you live over-through- and past them, ya tend to come out a lil smarter if you learned anything from them. Some do - some don't, and they pay a
lifelong price for being stupid, till they snuff out. Gump was right - Stupid is as Stupid does... The second & third or more time around!

Unlike most, I made an conscious damned effort not to repeat my serious fuck-ups a second time! :lol: What can I tell ya? So far it's worked!
I'm a generally happy, easy goin, good natured person that does not worry about hardly anything. Stress? Anxiety? Want-Woe-Misery? I don't have any.
Every day I wake up is a good one, as far as I'm concerned. I do what I gotta do to get along & survive and take care of the days needs. Tomorrow?
I will deal with that when I get there...

The outside world and those attached to it and it's soul crushing bullshit, can be as fucked up as it wants to be, I do not care.
I refuse to swim in that cesspool of negativity, need & greed and usury... And I wish & pray to my "GOD" others didn't have too, or feel so compelled to do so. 
JOE.

Posted by .CrazyAlice
Unregistered

I like the way you live Joe.  I am planning on moving to deep South East Texas next to the Sabine National Forest soon to be near kinfolk.
My brother will take me fishing if I am willing to stay half the day. :)

Posted by .
Unregistered

.JOE said: I had... 45lbs of gar.

­Does anyone eat gar?  They used to catch them and say "worthless fish" and throw them on the bank.

Posted by Pile
Unregistered

1 gar a day joe. I have friends in texas.

Posted by .Joe
Unregistered

Pile said: 1 gar a day joe. I have friends in texas.

Now Mr. Pile, you know I always follow the law.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­Does anyone eat gar?  They used to catch them and say "worthless fish" and throw them on the bank.

They are good eating, but you got to know how to prepare them right.

Posted by .joe
Unregistered

.CrazyAlice said: I like the way you live Joe.  I am planning on moving to deep South East Texas next to the Sabine National Forest soon to be near kinfolk.
My brother will take me fishing if I am willing to stay half the day. :)

Thank you Alice, I think you will like it down this way, the folks are good people.

Posted by .
Unregistered

stayed here on a vacay. really nice. no quarter shower bs. nice big shower room too.

https://grumpybearcampground.com/

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
. said:

They are good eating, but you got to know how to prepare them right.

­How do you prepare them?  I thought their teeth looked like a saw blade, but wiki shows a needle.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Posted by .
Unregistered

It's good eating, but it's best if ya eat it when its hot, cold gar is a tad chewy for some. It's a very dense meat, not light n flakey like most fish is.

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

I'ts been a lazy day going down here at camp. My sorry ass aint did shit! 
Just been kicked back listen to the radio & drinkin some sweet iced tea, and had a big piece of homemade lemon poundcake.
It's rather cool n breezy here in the shade, the pups and those mangey cats are snoozing and layin about. They got the right idea.
Sunday afternoon is for relaxin & planning shit out.

I've been thinking about putting in a greenhouse, so I can extend my vegetable growing season through the year.
It's gonna take a lil spending to get it going right, but what the hell. It's something to do, and I love fresh tomatoes.
A couple three cattle panels some plastic, and what not. I will be up & running. I am well above the flood plain where I'm at so that's not an issue.

I am a good 30-35 ft above the river on this bluff. I did get flooded in two years ago, but I was high in dry here.
That was the highest the water had ever been in over 200 years. It got knee deep to walk out then. It wasn't too bad, I had hip boots.
I just walked out to the road & changed boots left my hippys there in the Woodline, and went into town. 
That water was cold though, winter floods are a bitch, but you do what ya gotta do to get along... Aint no need bitchin bout it, you just
deal with it. 
You cope, adapt, innovate, and keep on movin foreword, best you can, where you are, and with what you got, till you can do better...

JOE

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

From what I can see reading the front page, yall fellas worry too damn much about shit you aint got any control or sway over.

Posted by .CrazyAlice
Unregistered

Old King Cole was a merry old soul,

And a merry old soul was he;
He called for his pipe,
And he called for his bowl,
And he called for his fiddlers three.
Ev'ry fiddler had a fiddle,
And a very fine fiddle had he.
Tweedle dee, tweedle dee,
Went the fiddlers three,
Oh there's none so rare
As can compare,
With King Cole and his fiddlers three.

Listen.
https://www.kididdles.com/lyrics/o075.html

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

:LOL: OK ALICE!

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.