Topic: Life is good down by the river
Posted by .
Unregistered

Day three of the "grey-days" wet, cool & damp... I love it! It makes the fire seem warmer, the coffee richer and the hides n blankets on my recliner by the fire more cozy.
I was up at 6am got the fire going out under the front shed & the coffee on, man the fish were poppin the water. Went and made a run & rebaited, had a damn good catch this morning. I was glad to see it.
Monday till this morning was a lil slow to be honest for cat fishing. I keep several things going so if one falls off I still got other income streams comin in. I got silver rounds to buy...
I think Biden is going to crash the economy & markets and paper is going to hyper inflate like hell with this global reset they are pushing. Just because I shun the WORLD don't mean I do not keep an eye on what its doing.

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

9 Realities Of People Who Like Being Alone

People who like being alone are not always as sad or unhappy in general as you might think. A lot of those who opt to live their lives as loners are stronger and more ‘together’ than you could ever imagine. Just because they are on their own doesn’t mean that they are constantly feeling lonely.  Loners still have friends, they just don’t want to be surrounded by people, especially people that don’t matter that much to them anyway. 
Below I am going to go over some of the things I’ve noticed throughout the years between those who are what most call ‘loners.’ Just because they might not be the same as everyone else doesn’t mean their lives aren’t as fulfilling. We are all our own people and everyone is different, understanding that is the key to everything.

9 Things People Who Like Being Alone Share:

1. They are much more understanding of others in general. 
People who spend a lot of time on their own think a lot more about other people than you’d assume. They are more understanding of problems and hardships than most and are easy to relate to. They usually do all they can for those who are in need. This is true, I help several people within my circle.

2. They realize just how important their time truly is.
These people are very willing to spend their time properly. They don’t waste it talking about things that don’t matter or with people who don’t care about them. They will not show up late or make you wait on their accord.
Being prompt is a sign of your respect for others. I will not be disrespected by anyone.

3. They tend to care deeply for the few people they keep close.
While it might not seem like they have many friends, they do keep the few they have close. They care about these people tremendously and are always there for them. Everyone in their circle is important and they know it.
If you're in my circle, you got my loyalty and concern. I'll dispose of a body for you if it's called for.

4. They understand who they are.
People who tend to stay on their own know themselves better than they know anyone else. They know who they are and what they want in life. They do not allow others to make their decisions for them.
I am 100% OK with who & what I am on this earth. I have no delusions of grandeur or any need to put on any airs for people. I'm the same fcuker every time you see me.

5. They take care of themselves and know how to do-so well. 
These people take care of themselves and know how to live their lives properly. They hold their own and live the lives that they have always wanted to live. They do not let other people hold them back.
Not to bragg, but I'm in damn good shape for a 56 y/o man, I'm in a good place

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

6. They are extremely loyal to those who matter most to them.
Those who matter to the loner know they can count on him or her for anything. They are always there for the people in their lives and vice versa. The more time that they spend together the closer they get to one another.
Loyalty to your friends is everything, if you can't be counted on in a tight, you ain't shit in this world. I'd do time for a friend if its called for.

7. They tend to have a lot of patience.
For some reason, these people are much more patient than those surrounded by others. It’s like they just don’t get stressed as easily. The more you push them the more they try to find a resolution.
Life has a way of grinding some people down, somehow it's just managed to shine me up. I have the coping skills of a diamond & water, and the patience of Job now. Not much really "gets to me".
I endure, persevere, and roll with the flow now days.

8. They love to experience new things yes, even on their own.
Experiencing new things all on their own is fun to them. They like to have fun and explore! It is up to them to keep themselves company, and they like it that way!
If you think you know it all, that's the second you stop learning a damn thing. You can never know enough.

9. They chase their own goals above all else.
These loners are capable of achieving things all without others pushing them to. Sure, they need a hand from time to time but overall they are their own best means of motivation. This is something a lot of other people struggle with tremendously.
When all you got is you to depend on, you learn real quick to git off your ass & take action.

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

DAMMIT MAN! THE FISH ARE BITIN LIKE HELL TODAY! 
Nearly every hook had a fish since this morning.  :lol:
I will run again at 6;pm and put some light-sticks on my lines and run through the night & play catch up.
The lil witch went home, to tend to some stuff, so I got plenty of time to tend to shit. I enjoy her company, and teaching her things.
But it slows my roll sometimes. :lol: The good of her still outweighs the bad so far.

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

What I think about 99% of the wimmins.
"A woman is about her survival/ status/ comfort. She would be with you if you are the safest option at that moment in time. 
That doesn't mean she likes you, does not mean she cares for you, does not mean she loves you. 
It just means you are the best/safe option right now, because you are a man that haves something she wants or needs. 
If you give her everything she wants & needs... 
Then one day you are surprised or blindsided when she says, "you know what this isn't working for me anymore, I'm done and she just leaves. "
This is why I never get too attached to a woman, and consider all of them temporary at best, and enjoy them as such.
Take that Lil' Witch that's been hanging around the camp ruining my pups & warmin me bed here lately. 
Now she's a good girl, smart, cute as hell, fun company, easy on the eye and not a drag on the mind.
She pays attention, learns, asks good questions & writes down everything.
But I got something she wants/needs, so she is down to do whatever it takes to get it... for now.
When she thinks she's got enough to suit her goals, she's gone on down the road, and I know it.
So I have no problem showing her things, she will use them and hopefully pass it on to others.
That is how the knowledge of wildcrafting, foraging, & using naturopathy and living off the good earth works.

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

. said:

OK, good. That makes it easier.

You have to start by getting rid of all your debt, with the exception of a low interest mortgage. No exceptions except loans to start a viable business.
Then start getting rid of most of your physical stuff. You need like 1/3 or less of what you have.
Shitcan your TV, drop social media, listen to music and sleep with your wife more.
Sell as much of your shit as you can get away with, although you will find that most goods you have purchased are nearly worthless, this is true of all Americans.

You will find this hard at first, but it will quickly become rewarding.

Once you have done these things, you have cleared the deck for what you *want* to do with your very, very short time alive on this planet.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now I did not write this, but I damn sure wish I had...
It is that RARE nugget of true advice you find on here sometimes.
Whomever did write it, has their shit 169% together for sure!
Whom ever you are DOT, I SALUTE YOU!

Posted by .
Unregistered

Are you the O.G. Joe if so :cool:

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

. said: Are you the O.G. Joe if so :cool:

YES I AM, FROM ALL THE WAY BACK TO BAD HARVEST UP TO THIS PLACE, HOMELESS JOE ENDURES...

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

5 good days of "grey, cold, damp and fronts moving through" but the fishing has been outstanding! The white bass are getting ready to run and you can tell it!
I will run all night tonight from trotlines to polling for gar it should be a hell of a pay-day from the fish truck come morning.
Truth is, I got a lot of shit done without the distraction of the Lil Witch today. Sorry but having a younger woman about the camp, has it's pros & cons
It's supposed to get a lil stormy later tonight, but I got my wet gear ready so I'm good to go. Wish me luck boys!. :pirate:

Posted by .
Unregistered

Well we had two lil lines of storms pass over at 1 and 3am. Nothing like they were "talked up" to be. The only thing that lies worse than a liberal is a weather man!! :lol: I ain't bitchin though, the fishing was great all night! Just sitting here at the park waiting on the fish truck...

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

I MAKE NO APOLOGY FOR A DAMN THING I POST
IT MIGHT BE A LOT OF THINGS, BUT IT'S NOT A DAMN LIE...
I DON'T POST SPAM
I DON'T POST FILTH
I ONLY POST THE TRUTH, AND MY HONEST OPINION AND IF THAT HURTS YOUR "TENDER FEELINS" THEN THAT IS ON YOU...
IT IS NOT HERACY, AND I WILL NOT RECANT!

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

OH THIS IS THE SHIT!

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

A lil bit of sun shine between grey-days and rain... The weeks full moon has helped the fishing for sure...
No doubt a good pay-day awaits come morning, that's always welcome!
Things are good down here at the fish camp, no problems nor complaints.

Posted by . JOE
Unregistered

Just sitting n waiting on the fish truck. He's usually here by this time. The sun feels good on my ugly mug this morning though.

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

Well he finally came about an hour later, but I got paid well so no worries. He blew a steer tire on his truck. 
I've been busy with foraging the past two days. I will take a load into town to the health food store tomorrow.
This winter has been good & profitable so far.

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

TAKE THIS YOU PUSS-CAKES...

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

IF 2020-2021 HAD A THEME SONG...

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

The echo of this as it plays across the water and bounces back is just amazing!

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

Posted by .
Unregistered

Remember boys, drinking Rum before mid day don't make you an alcoholic, it makes you a PIRATE! :pirates:

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

It's not as big a deal as folks tend to make it out to be, this weather... but a lil drummed up panic is good for business though.
Went into town today on some errands, Folks were buyin shit like the world was ending! :lol:
Milk, bread, eggs, water, batteries, lamp oil, coleman fuel, propane, charcoal, lunchmeats, shit you name it. 
When the sleet hits the road, this place will shut the fcuk down...

Posted by .
Unregistered

I miss shitting on the Homeless Joe troll over at BH.  

It started out modest enough, just an old guy squatting on some land down by the river.  Then it evolved to where Joe had a truck, dogs, cats, a shack with every modern amenity, a 99 year lease on several acres of land (waterfront, of course), a decent income, oh and of course he regularly banged twenty-something hotties.

Totally believable :rolleyes:.

Posted by .
Unregistered

^ *over at BH and RSO :punchballs:

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

. said: I miss shitting on the Homeless Joe troll over at BH.  

It started out modest enough, just an old guy squatting on some land down by the river.  Then it evolved to where Joe had a truck, dogs, cats, a shack with every modern amenity, a 99 year lease on several acres of land (waterfront, of course), a decent income, oh and of course he regularly banged twenty-something hotties.

Totally believable :rolleyes:.

NEVER SAID I HAD A TRUCK, I WALK OR GET A LIFT WHEREVER I GO.
DID BORROW THE OLD MANS TRUCK TO GO 70 MILES SOUTH TO SEE MY FAMILY FOR XMAS ONCE.
THE ONLY AMENITIES I HAVE ALL RUN ON 12 VOLT POWER WITH AN INVERTER.
I DO HAVE DOGS N CATS & 156 ACRES OF WOODS ALONG THE RIVER.
I DO MAKE A DECENT LIVING, & WORK FOR ALL I GOT. 
AND YES I DO ENJOY THE COMPANY OF A YOUNGER LASS NOW & AGAIN.
WITHER OR NOT YOU BELIEVE IT, IS OF NO REAL CONCERN TO ME... BUT IT DAMN SURE SEEMS TO CONCERN YOU SPARKY... :LOL:

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

I ALSO LOVE THE COMPANY OF A YOUNG MAN AND LET HIM VIOLATE MY BUTT-PUSSY FROM TIME TO TIME.

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.