Topic: Life is good down by the river
Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

Interesting video, as I watched it I wondered a few things though. Why did they not add in a second floor? 
They already had the subfloor put in as they were building it up earlier, even a 3rd floor for storage even . 
Plus it would give you subdividing wall options making the whole structure even more solid. 
And why no stone or stick & mud cob fireplace to control the soot & smoke, and give themselves a dedicated cooking area?
The climate they are in heating is not a major concern after all. The very design is going to pull the heat up anyway.

Posted by .
Unregistered

THIS IS A GOOD SHOW, IF NOTHING BUT FOR THE GODAMNED "LULS" AT SOME OF THESE PUSSEL-GUTTED FAT FUCKS & THEIR FAIL.

Posted by .
Unregistered

.JOE said: Joe, do you every see any of the young ladies skinny dipping down at the swimming hole? 

Young College aged girls in swimwear + Alcohol with questionable moral fiber... = Yeah, I've seen lil gal or two. :lol:

­:thumbup:

:erection:

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

I won't lie, watching the average idiot camper or outdoorsman fumble about, and do things the hard way is entertaining to me... But that's how you learn if you're able too.
You take this guy Creek Stewart, he can walk it like he talks it, because he's been "walkin it" for years, Dave Canterbury is another one, Cody London is one of the best 
"Primitive Survival Instructors" out there. Ray Mears from the UK, he is an ace at outdoor skills. YouTube has a ton of people who are damn good at what they do outdoors wise.
But they all have one thing in common, YEARS OF PRACTICE & EXPIERENCE in what their individual skill sets are, and they are STILL LEARNING as they go...
It's a never ending process of adapting, overcoming, innovating, & creative learning to be able to do what all these folks can do.

Hell if I keep at it, I might be that good one day...

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

Where the boat ramp & park area is there a great swimming spot, with a big ole cottonwood tree with a rope swing out over the water there. 
Just about every day during the summer the college kids come swimming down there, and on the weekends they party like hell!
It gets pretty rowdy sometimes, just young adults havin some fun an all, nothing really bad or anything. But you get a bunch of drunk gals out 
partying & raisin hell, and dancing etc. Some funny shit is bound to happen, & some gal is gonna shine her teets & more fore its over. "lol"
Hell I've seen em screwing out off the trail in the woods before, & worse, I just look-laugh an go on about my business. I am not a "Concerned Citizen"

Posted by .
Unregistered

Good morning you fast & furious fist fuckers, Incells, Trevs, sloths, slackers & wage-slaves! 
I sinned and slept in till 7:30 this am. That does not happen often for me. I'm usually up at the crack of dawn or before everyday no matter how late I go to bed.
We had a cool front move in last night, and its like 75 degrees with low humidity this morning, damn it feels good! I fished all day and just a lil past midnight, and
the fishin was good, they like to feed ahead of a front coming in. I've been running a punchbait on my trotlines, and its been getting the results. By Monday I will
have a good mess to sell.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Sittin here at camp, kicked back with some sweet iced tea listening to the radio, and enjoying today. 
Great weather, cool n breezy in the shade, watching the Gar roll & flop in the water.
Life is good. The pups are stretched out and dozing and I'm debarking some saplings to make some walking staffs with. 
I will go run my lines here in a bit and rebait, come back & wait.
Ben should be down this way in a bit, bringing me some plywood & 2x4's and some ice for my coolers. I'll send him back with
a mess of fresh catfish filets and a garden load of produce, for his wife and some melons for the boys. We trade favors,
one hand washes the other ya know... I hope yalls day is going well as mine is out here today.
Joe.

Posted by .
Unregistered

I hope a alligator attacks you and takes you down.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: I hope a alligator attacks you and takes you down.

­
To whomever posted this: whatever you push out comes back ten fold. Do you not know this?   What is it in you that compels such a thing?

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

. said: I hope a alligator attacks you and takes you down.

:lol: Sorry buddy, but you've watched that "Swamp People" bullshit waaaay too much. Gators rarely ever attack humans in boats, even in my lil johnboat
I am 99.9% safe from that happening ever. Hell there's a better chance of lightning hitting me for the THIRD TIME, than a gator "taking me down" :lol:
That shit on TV aint real, it's staged bullshit... 

Gators are mostly shy creatures, but curious at the same time. 
They will come up a distance away and watch you, but attack? No. They are not hyper aggressive like crocodiles are.
Gators are pretty mellow except for two times, males get territorial during mating season, and the females get very protective of their nests 
and when their young hatch out. Momma gator will run at you hissing & snapping if you get between her and her clutch, and if you get a little one
and it crys out, mommas comin, and she's gonna chase yo ass till you drop that baby... 

One time me and my cousin were out in a lil 14 ft johnboat and I managed to catch a baby gator that was sleeping on a log there in the river.
It wasn't big, maybe a foot an a half long or so. When I grabbed it, it let out a lil squalk n cry and up popped momma going around the boat
smacking it with her tail, and biting at the side. It scared the shit out of my cousin! I was 14 and he was 13, up from Houston visiting for the
summer. I was laughing at him freeking out, as the ole girl growled and clawed & slapped the sides of the boat. I finally put it back in the water
and it went right straight to momma and got on her back, and she swam off. He pissed his pants! 
My granny got on to me for scaring him so bad. :lol:

Sorry buddy, but you aint gonna get ya wish today.
JOE

Posted by .
Unregistered

When are you going to get it that we don't care about your shitty scrounging a living life on a fucking Texas riverbank?
Just go away you dumb hick bastard!

Posted by .Dick Burns
Unregistered

. said: Sittin here at camp, kicked back with some sweet iced tea listening to the radio, and enjoying today. 
Great weather, cool n breezy in the shade, watching the Gar roll & flop in the water.
Life is good. The pups are stretched out and dozing and I'm debarking some saplings to make some walking staffs with. 
I will go run my lines here in a bit and rebait, come back & wait.
Ben should be down this way in a bit, bringing me some plywood & 2x4's and some ice for my coolers. I'll send him back with
a mess of fresh catfish filets and a garden load of produce, for his wife and some melons for the boys. We trade favors,
one hand washes the other ya know... I hope yalls day is going well as mine is out here today.
Joe.

Glad to hear you're enjoying your day. I've only had catfish once, but it tasted pretty good. :cheers:

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

Glad to hear you liked it! When it's cooked proper, not too dry OVERCOOKED but not too wet UNDERCOOKED, and there is just a hint of saltiness to it... OH SWEET JESUS IT IS GOOOOOD EATIN! Man I'm 53, fish all the time, and and I STILL love it! The only catfish I don't like is that farm raised grain fed fish. Their aint enough seasoning to make that bland assed shit taste good.
I prefer wild caught fish, it just tastes better to me.

Speaking of catfish, this new bait I'm using it is the shit! The fish are hitting the hell out of it. I've been catching good all week so far, now with this front over us, the fish are feeding like crazy. The August heat & dog days usually take the fish to the cold deep holes in the river, but this year they havent let up like they usually do. It has not been as hot a summer here
though, but still they kinda lay off in mid August. 

From what I'm seeing, wildlife and otherwise, I'm thinking its gonna be a colder fall & winter this year.

Posted by .Dick Burns
Unregistered

.JOE said: From what I'm seeing, wildlife and otherwise, I'm thinking its gonna be a colder fall & winter this year.

The Farmer's Almanac agrees with you. They're forecasting Hillary weather for the central one-third of the country -- snowy and frigid.

. said: The 2020 edition of the Farmers' Almanac predicts that two-thirds of the country will face a colder-than-normal winter season. The worst of this year's bitterly cold winter will affect the eastern parts of the Rockies all the way to the Appalachians.

The outlook says the Northeast, including cities such as Boston and Washington, can anticipate colder temperatures than typically expected. The biggest drop will happen in areas across the northern Plains to the Great Lakes.
"With colder-than-normal temperatures in the Northeast and above-normal precipitation expected, our outlook forewarns of not only a good amount of snow, but also a wintry mix of rain, sleet—especially along the coast," the long range forecaster suggests.

People in the western third of the US may be in luck, since the publication forecasts near-normal winter temperatures there. 

The coldest conditions are expected to arrive during the last week of January and stick around through the beginning of February. The eastern half of the US will have a suspenseful start in 2020. The Farmers' Almanac predicts strong and gusty winds. Depending on where you live, January 4-7 and 12-15 could have "copious amounts" of snow, rain, sleet and ice.

"And for those who live northeast of the Texas Panhandle to the western Great Lakes, watch out for what could prove to be a memorable storm producing hefty snows for the Great Plains during the third week of January," the publication says.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/27/weather/farmers-almanac-weather-forecast-2020-wxc-trnd/index.html

Posted by .Joe
Unregistered

I'm seeing more orange n black woolly worms that I ever have this year, and the June bugs were way down as well. 
The rabbits and squirrels have already started cutting pinecones here, and the coons are working the hell out of the riverbanks, trying to fatten up.
The summer rains were heavy here, so the greenery has hung on better this year through the summer heat and the deer and other animals are taking advantage of it.
The acorn crop is damn good this year as well. Their have also been more hogs and other animals getting hit crossing the roads, they are moving more eating as they go.
Building up fat as they can.  The wildlife knows, just how, I don't know... Nature tells them I guess, but it seems to be tellin me too. It's just a feelin I got.
And it's telling me to get my shit ready for a cold nasty winter since late spring this year.

I've been investimagateing on the interwebs, and this GRAND SOLAR MINIMUM thing keeps poppin up. 
That and talk about increased volcanic activity and the upper atmosphere getting heavy ash & such from them. Something is going on...
I'm not one for tinfoil hat wearing, but some of this shit bares looking into I think. :lol:

Posted by .
Unregistered

.Joe said: I'm seeing more orange n black woolly worms that I ever have this year, and the June bugs were way down as well. 
The rabbits and squirrels have already started cutting pinecones here, and the coons are working the hell out of the riverbanks, trying to fatten up.
The summer rains were heavy here, so the greenery has hung on better this year through the summer heat and the deer and other animals are taking advantage of it.
The acorn crop is damn good this year as well. Their have also been more hogs and other animals getting hit crossing the roads, they are moving more eating as they go.
Building up fat as they can.  The wildlife knows, just how, I don't know... Nature tells them I guess, but it seems to be tellin me too. It's just a feelin I got.
And it's telling me to get my shit ready for a cold nasty winter since late spring this year.

I've been investimagateing on the interwebs, and this GRAND SOLAR MINIMUM thing keeps poppin up. 
That and talk about increased volcanic activity and the upper atmosphere getting heavy ash & such from them. Something is going on...
I'm not one for tinfoil hat wearing, but some of this shit bares looking into I think. :lol:

­How cold does it get in East Texas in the winter?

Posted by .
Unregistered

It gets down into the low mid 30s and then you will have a few what we call freezes where it gets below 32 for a few days. 
Of course my favorite is the "ice storms" where all the trees get covered in ice, and limbs go to popping & dropping. 
Oh and God forbid we get so much as a 1/2 inch of snow! This whole town will SHUT THE FUCK DOWN... It's like the end of the fucking world!
If the weather says a "severe winter storm" with possible ice & sno, the schools cancel. We have "snow-days" school closes for this shit.
People will call into work because of the ice n snow a 1/2 inch mind you, and they live in town! Just blocks or less than a mile from where they work! 
YOU THINK I'M BULLSHITTIN YOU, BUT I AM NOT!
The stores will sell out of batteries, bottles water & bread just based on the weather man saying "winter storm warning"
People from north of the Mason Dixon Line LAUGH THEIR ASS OFF at us when they are here and see how folks over react to a lil ice n snow.
Folks here will not drive on that shit! A 1/2 inch is all it takes to trigger the "black ice hysteria" in some.
We will go out and have a goddamned BBQ in a fucking tornado, but you say ICE STORM and we run like hell and hole up like the law is on our ass! :lol:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: It gets down into the low mid 30s and then you will have a few what we call freezes where it gets below 32 for a few days. 
Of course my favorite is the "ice storms" where all the trees get covered in ice, and limbs go to popping & dropping. 
Oh and God forbid we get so much as a 1/2 inch of snow! This whole town will SHUT THE FUCK DOWN... It's like the end of the fucking world!
If the weather says a "severe winter storm" with possible ice & sno, the schools cancel. We have "snow-days" school closes for this shit.
People will call into work because of the ice n snow a 1/2 inch mind you, and they live in town! Just blocks or less than a mile from where they work! 
YOU THINK I'M BULLSHITTIN YOU, BUT I AM NOT!
The stores will sell out of batteries, bottles water & bread just based on the weather man saying "winter storm warning"
People from north of the Mason Dixon Line LAUGH THEIR ASS OFF at us when they are here and see how folks over react to a lil ice n snow.
Folks here will not drive on that shit! A 1/2 inch is all it takes to trigger the "black ice hysteria" in some.
We will go out and have a goddamned BBQ in a fucking tornado, but you say ICE STORM and we run like hell and hole up like the law is on our ass! :lol:

­It's like that in Atlanta too. One inch of snow shuts down the whole city. Kids don't go to school.

Posted by .
Unregistered

I have been up in MN, and Idaho in the dead middle of winter, it is a total different mind set sno n ice don't mean shit to those folks. 
What causes a panic down here, is like shorts & tee shirt weather to them. "lol"
Me, I love the cold weather when it comes. It might snow here maybe twice-three times a year, and its like only here for a day before it melts.
But I do enjoy it. I am a "relax by the fire" kind a fella. :lol: If it stayed mid Fall all year, I'd be happy as a clam I tell you. 
When the "winter storms" do come, I love it. Me and a friend who has a 4wd 1-ton truck get out on the hi-way and make money pulling folks out of the ditch.
People here don't know how to drive in that shit. They just slip off the roads and go into a skid from hitting their breaks to hard. We will spend all day & night
out there getting folks back up on the road. You can give us $50 or give a Tow truck that is already backed up on calls $150+ and wait a hour or better for him.
Now with the cellphone pay apps, its even easier to make money doing it...

Posted by .joe
Unregistered

Heres a lil tip for you Gonts, some of ya might not know...
If you are stuck and only one tire is turning and it cant get a grip because it is to slick. Put your emergency brake about 1/4 of the way on. 
This will bind the spinning tire a lil bit and cause the differential to transfer the power to the other tire, and it will turn too. 
It's called "poor boy Posi-traction" and it might just save you calling for a tow...

Now sometimes it takes more that a 1/4 of your e-brake to make it kick in, just apply more till it grabs, it will get you out and on better ground
without hurting your brakes. Just make sure to release it when ya get lose!

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

Anyone else noticing purple sunsets in the evenings? Give a look today and lemme know.
JOE

Posted by .
Unregistered

WELL? ANY YOU WEST COAST FUCKERS SEE A PURPLE SUNSET?

Posted by .
Unregistered

The reason I'm askin is that some volcano done popped its cork over in Sibieria and tossed ash n shit up over 70,000ft two days ago. 
Supposedly the particulates in the atmosphere are gonna reflect a purple hue in the sunsets.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Did notice more purple than usual last couple nights. Not as much today. Thought it was due to slightly cooler temps.

When there is a notably cooler than usual week in the last week of Aug or first week of Sep - that usually tells a long cold winter.

We have not had that. Lots of rain this summer, last few weeks finally drying out.  If Fall stays warm, should be beautiful. 

Deer are fat. Wild turkeys are BIG and everywhere.  

Gulls and Eagles are starting to migrate through. Geese flocks are getting their practice in.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Mental illness.

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.