Topic: Life is good down by the river
Posted by .
Unregistered

I think I would be more worried about a bear or big cat sightings close to my home and family than a mythical boogeyman.

Posted by . JOE
Unregistered

IMHO, You are right to have that thought. A bear or big cat seems a lot more probable.
For me it would be a big cat or pack of coyotes down here. When I'm out roaming & foraging through the woods, a Darril or Dog-Man is the last thing I am looking for or thinking about.

Posted by .Arazing Macist
Unregistered

Its 42 days till Se-LECTION DAY.

YOU GOT YA SHIT TOGETHER YET?

Posted by . JOE
Unregistered

I would imagine that anyone who has any common sense has a lil bit laid by for any trouble come NOVEMBER.

Posted by . JOE
Unregistered

It has been a wet n cool day down here and into tonight.  But I still got a lot done. I sent a load of fish traps back south to La, got a couple dozen walking sticks & staffs done and ready to go.
I figure that when Trump wins, in Nov, things will maybe lighten up a tad come Dec, God willing.
At least I do hope n pray that comes to pass...
I really do not want an all out civil war or revolution to happen in this nation.
The horror of that kind of open conflict is something no sane American wants to see personally.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Got startled awake by the sound of a crash about 3:45am this morning. 
A young man hit the guardrail and flipped his car down the embankment and was upside down in the road going to the park and boat ramp. 
I ran up there as fast as I could. I found the man dead in the grass halfway down the embankment. He got ejected and his neck was broken. I called the sheriff's department and waited for them.
I knew that young man. He was down at the park just last weekend. He was going to the tech college to be a electrical lineman. He was just 20. He was a good kid and it's just a damn shame...

Posted by . JOE
Unregistered

If you got kids or young folks you love n care about, let em know ya give a damn. 
They can be taken in the blink of an eye dammit.
And the way things are now days it's even worse  for these young folks.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. JOE said: I would imagine that anyone who has any common sense has a lil bit laid by for any trouble come NOVEMBER.

­
Been stocking up slowly. Long winters sometimes. Today there were no canned tomatoes or tomato paste. 
Tomato paste is a wonderous simple food. None to be found. Not even store label.  Will check next week.  Last week there was no flour in any size bag except for the ultra organic $$$ kind. 

Word is the communists are buying up all the ammo. #5 or 6 is all can find for shotgun. No buckshot whatsoever.  9mm is not existent.
I do not know what the suburbanites think they are going to do with all the artillery they used charge cards for. 
There are no pump shotguns around. Only the $1,000 plus semi-autos or $3,000 'match' rifles.

If it is true the AntiFa and lawbreakers are somehow getting armed like those criminals in Kenosha Wisc., then things are looking bad indeed.

Posted by . JOE
Unregistered

Arming up now is better than nothing but those who do are more a danger to themselves honestly. If you don't know a thing about firearms you're going to be behind a curve in using it worth a damn under stress.
As for shotgun ammo go with high brass and go to Lowes or TSC  where you can buy nuts & washers in bulk. Take out the pellets and reload with the lil nuts or washers with the shot to fill the gaps. It will do the job of buckshot.. 
It won't hurt your bore, and the steel will fly just a lil faster than the lead alloy pellets. Trust me, it will tear shit up when it hits!

Posted by . JOE
Unregistered

In some ways I am lucky in that I can fend well for myself out here. The trees and bushes along with the vines I have been planting are all up well and producing. There is plenty of fish, game, and wild forage to be had as well. That along with what else I have, going low on food won't happen. 
I fish hunt trap & wildcraft for a living primarily. Now what I do is 100% above board n legal, but I know all the outlaw ways to get along too.
I've spent many a year in my wild youth learning a lot of "shady shit" from people all across America in my travels. I'm going to be alright no matter what.

Posted by . JOE
Unregistered

I seen a tuff winter coming last year and set to getting ready for it back then before Fall fell. I maintained that level of readiness all through spring n summer this year as well. Along the way through the Covid issue and the Civil unrest this year to date, I've added to it.
I seen this shit coming going into Selection Day.
I'm hearing about Louisville KY right now and this shit is the SOP for the MOB...
This shit is not going to get better anytime soon.
YOU GOT 41 DAYS TO GET AS READY AS POSSIBLE.

Posted by . JOE
Unregistered

My question is-  who the hell is renting Uhaul trucks filling them with "riot gear" to fight the police  and footing the Bill's for all that shit?
And why are the feds not finding out and charging them?

Posted by .
Unregistered

A quiet night cept for the occasional shower. The pups woke me about 6:30 there was a racoon milling about out by the fire. He took off up a tree when I let em out. :lol: I guess he didn't wanna play.. 
Overcast damp n cool here.
The fishing is good though, so no complaints from me. The fire is warm, the coffee is good, and all is well down here on the river.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Hey Joe, tell me are their a lot of wrecks that happen there at that bridge? And if so what do you think the main cause is?

Posted by . JOE
Unregistered

It's like 2-3 a year since I've been down here. Most hit the guardrail some bounce off some go over the side and roll down the embankment. Most are wearing a seat belt and are roughed up but ok, the ejected ones or unbelted ones get hurt the worst. That embankment is a good 40ft down to the road bed going to the park. Some take a flight and end up in the oaks then fall out. Those are bad.

Posted by .
Unregistered

So how many have you found dead after a crash?
Doesn't that bother you seeing that carnage?
Tell the truth, do you take shit from the dead before you call the law?
I bet you do, you're a grave robbing scavenger if there ever was one. I bet you go through their pockets and that vehicle with a fine tooth comb before you dial 911. You fucking bum.

Posted by . JOE
Unregistered

Lord it's a great morning! The fishing is great right now, hardly an empty hook on my lines. I'm thankful for that! Its Friday hell I need to go into town and get a few things for the weekend seeing how I'm expecting company. Them kids will be burning a bonfire down at the park tonite no doubt.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Answer the question Joe how many dead people have you robbed from the wrecks down there you ghoulish fuck?
You know you did it, We know you did it. 
Time to fess up ya fish mongering bum!

Posted by .
Unregistered

You probably go steal beers out of all those college kids coolers too ya fucking boozer! I hope they all go torch your shack you shit stain!

Posted by .
Unregistered

I bet you sneak about trying to get a look at those young girls taking a pee in the bushes and jerking off to it you pervert!
They should run you off.

Posted by . JOE
Unregistered

. said: Answer the question Joe how many dead people have you robbed from the wrecks down there you ghoulish fuck?
You know you did it, We know you did it. 
Time to fess up ya fish mongering bum!

Hell I've lost count. :lol:
It ain't like they needed that shit anymore anyway!
I'll take the change out there pockets the cash out their wallets, that pocket knife, that cellphone, watch, rings, any other jewelry too. If it's a black I check the dental work for gold fillings. Then I shake down the vehicle for anything of value.  Tools, guns, dope, booze, you name it.... I am very thorough when a opportunity  comes up for an easy score.
THERE, NOW YOU KNOW.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: You probably go steal beers out of all those college kids coolers too ya fucking boozer! I hope they all go torch your shack you shit stain!

Oh fuck yeah I do! Shit those lil drunken shits never miss it.
The kicker is that I sell it back to them!
Under age I dont give a shit if the monies green! 
I will bootleg that shit in a second to those lil shits.
Personally, I don't drink. Alcohol makes me mean as a snake. So I avoid it. 
But I'll turn a buck off another's stupidity!

Posted by . JOE
Unregistered

. said: I bet you sneak about trying to get a look at those young girls taking a pee in the bushes and jerking off to it you pervert!
They should run you off.

Ha! If you read this thread you would know that there are restrooms down there. :lol:
However, seeing young women in various states of undress is not uncommon in the summer...

Posted by . JOE
Unregistered

Alcohol, Pot, and young women of "questionable morals" do make for good entertainment.  
I am not one to judge or be a "concerned citizen" 
I got other things to do...

Posted by . JOE
Unregistered

What? 
No smart assed comeback DOT?
Did ya get the answers you wanted?
Good, now piss off...

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.