Topic: Life is good down by the river
Posted by .
Unregistered


. said:
Troll or not, :lol: I tell you what, if the weathers crappy you'll be damn glad of a good shelter over ya noggin come nightfall.

­I have slept under a bridge before, but I try not to make a habit of it.  I might run to one if I saw a tornado coming!


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said:
.CrazyAlice said: :lol:

It sounds like you live the good life, Joe.
Hopefully, I will too soon.

I really do to be honest, I can't bitch because I chose this way of living on purpose. And I really got nothing to bitch about anyway!
I'm dry, cool, safe, healthy, fit, warm, full, clean, have all I want & need, without being wasteful or a burden to others. I have no debts,
no stress, no worries, and am content in my station. Honestly, I believe the Creator has blessed me with much more than I ever deserved.
and I am very thankful to the "I AM THAT, I AM" for it!

­You also have internet.  Do you post from your phone?

I will be content when I get my own place.  I have been living in an apartment for a long time and am really tired of being so confined.
But God has been kind to me in many ways and I am self-sufficient, which is a blessing.

"I AM THAT, I AM" ?
I have never heard of God being called that before.  I know it is "Hallowed be thy name", but usually I call him "Father, who Art in Heaven". :)
That's not what got me into hot water.


Posted by .
Unregistered


I have internet at the camp, but I post from my phone as well when I'm out or in town.

Moses asked God  "When I go before your people & Pharoh, who do I say has sent me?"  
And God said "Say unto them, the "I AM THAT, I AM" has sent me"


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said: I have internet at the camp, but I post from my phone as well when I'm out or in town.

Moses asked God  "When I go before your people & Pharoh, who do I say has sent me?"  
And God said "Say unto them, the "I AM THAT, I AM" has sent me"

­I missed that.  I have read all the Bible over time, but didn't understand or remember a lot of it.
I did find this band.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH_LLGiE0f0
But my first thought was more personal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhEaHcQgyLs


Posted by .
Unregistered


The one thing I've noticed by living out like I do, is that you fall into a rhythm with the natural world surrounding you to a great degree.
Honestly, if not for the date & time on my puter & phone I would go by the look of the sun & shadows and feeling of the world around me.
The animals, plants & trees will tell you where you are in the seasons. No doubt the hot or cold weather will too! The natural world will
tell you the score if you will listen to it. The clouds, moon, sun, and stars all have something to say. The very earth speaks to the "spirit being"
in us...


I also find that modern man has cast the natural world aside for the modern world, and all the materialistic things and pleasures it has to offer.
The natural world is viewed as old, archaic and something you go to a park or nature reserve to "experience" from a bench along a concrete walkway.
The Dirt is dirty, the woods are dangerous and full of bugs & vermin etc. The water in the river is all murky, nasty with fish poop & parasites, 
snakes & snapping turtles and alligators etc. that all cant wait to eat you! :lol:
It's all to be somehow feared, & avoided lest you get bit, or catch something from it.


I laugh at these people, yet I pity them at the same time...


Posted by .JOE
Unregistered


. said:
­I missed that.  I have read all the Bible over time, but didn't understand or remember a lot of it.
I did find this band.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH_LLGiE0f0
But my first thought was more personal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhEaHcQgyLs

I enjoyed both songs, very much.


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said: The one thing I've noticed by living out like I do, is that you fall into a rhythm with the natural world surrounding you to a great degree.
Honestly, if not for the date & time on my puter & phone I would go by the look of the sun & shadows and feeling of the world around me.
The animals, plants & trees will tell you where you are in the seasons. No doubt the hot or cold weather will too! The natural world will
tell you the score if you will listen to it. The clouds, moon, sun, and stars all have something to say. The very earth speaks to the "spirit being"
in us...


I also find that modern man has cast the natural world aside for the modern world, and all the materialistic things and pleasures it has to offer.
The natural world is viewed as old, archaic and something you go to a park or nature reserve to "experience" from a bench along a concrete walkway.
The Dirt is dirty, the woods are dangerous and full of bugs & vermin etc. The water in the river is all murky, nasty with fish poop & parasites, 
snakes & snapping turtles and alligators etc. that all cant wait to eat you! :lol:
It's all to be somehow feared, & avoided lest you get bit, or catch something from it.


I laugh at these people, yet I pity them at the same time...

­I feel sorry for all the people who have never really seen the night sky in all its glory.
I remember lying in my grandparents fields and reaching up trying to get one. :lol:

But I am bad about the silence and will have music or the tv on all the time. It also helps to keep the neighbors noise from bothering me.  I live downstairs.
But I am hoping for lots of squirrels and birds to watch on my back deck.
One of my favorite t-shirts is a squirrel saying "Excuse me, your bird feeder is empty".

I have a small wooded refuge where I go a couple of times a day.  I converse with Mr..Living Oak. :)
I have also met a very distinctive looking turtle.  His shell was beautiful and he didn't even pee on me.
Several other critters, but no squirrels.
I have been seeing a yellow butterfly the last 3 days and that is unusual around here to see any.
Encountered the tiniest little spider living on a gardenia flower, but she drowned.
I buried her next to my lemon thyme, chives and glass ball.


Posted by .
Unregistered


You are right that too many people ignore nature and find it offensive.
When it will warm your heart like no other can do.
The earth itself has a spirit and her name was GAIA.
But she had to split because she was gagging on the blood.


Posted by .
Unregistered


.JOE said:
I enjoyed both songs, very much.

­Music wakes me up in more ways than one.
But I have been known to snap a cd in two. lol


Posted by .JOE
Unregistered


I find those who worship Mammon & Materialism to be wasteful creatures at heart, with damn little reverence for anything but their own damned vanity
and social standing among the others in the same wage-slave galley in a ship headed to disillusionment & oblivion... 
Every wage slave forges their own shackle's with envy, needless want, whim, and greed for status symbols to lord over their peers at the oars right next to them.
To me, it is laughable watching them through the café window all a scurry on Monday morning as they rush & trudge off to the jobs they hate,
but have to show up too to keep up their appearances to all the others in the same boat...

And me, what am I doing? I'm having my breakfast & coffee, reading the paper, bullshittin with all the old heads in there doing the same. Some are working
some are not, they've retired. Some are farmers, ranchers, tradesmen, all kinds of men sittin around talkin shit & telling lies, dealin and horse tradin.
It's the best place to get the low-down on all the shit goin on in this lil town. Old heads are good at listening and actin like they didn't hear shit, then
goin an telling it down at the cafe'... :lol: You can learn a lot of things while reading a paper. Women just think they got the market cornered on gossip!
Small town life, ya gotta love it!


Posted by .JOE
Unregistered


"The Earth itself has a spirit and her name was GAIA."

Gaia hypothesis, Gaia theory / ˈɡaɪə / n. 
The theory that the earth and everything on it constitutes a single self-regulating living entity.

On the surface it does seem to have some merit in many ways, no doubt.
I think the Earth, GAIA, or NATURE will be here doing what it does like clockwork, long after the last "spiritual being" has left the premises.
What the Creator sets in motion, cannot be stopped by mere mankind, even the most arrogantly stupid among us does not have the power 
to do so. We would destroy ourselves long before that came to pass.


Posted by .CrazyAlice
Unregistered


I always got my best gossip from men and theirs was usually accurate.

I have been a wage-slave and it makes me appreciate not having to get to work every day and can just hang out at home. This is a big town but there is a cafe right down the road much like you describe and I go there sometimes for dinner or lunch.(I will breakfast for dinner)  But I never hear anything good since I don't know that many people here.­ 
Are you from East Texas or a transplant?


Posted by .Gee
Unregistered


GAIA quartered herself.
They used to call her Two Ton Tessie.
:fatbanana:


Posted by .
Unregistered


.JOE said: "The Earth itself has a spirit and her name was GAIA."

Gaia hypothesis, Gaia theory / ˈɡaɪə / n. 
The theory that the earth and everything on it constitutes a single self-regulating living entity.

On the surface it does seem to have some merit in many ways, no doubt.
I think the Earth, GAIA, or NATURE will be here doing what it does like clockwork, long after the last "spiritual being" has left the premises.
What the Creator sets in motion, cannot be stopped by mere mankind, even the most arrogantly stupid among us does not have the power 
to do so. We would destroy ourselves long before that came to pass.

­Nature is full of spiritual beings.
Without them this planet would be cold and barren, if it existed at all.
This earth will be as it is in Heaven if enough of us believe.
We have to reach him half-way.


Posted by .
Unregistered


.CrazyAlice said: I always got my best gossip from men and theirs was usually accurate.

I have been a wage-slave and it makes me appreciate not having to get to work every day and can just hang out at home. This is a big town but there is a cafe right down the road much like you describe and I go there sometimes for dinner or lunch.(I will breakfast for dinner)  But I never hear anything good since I don't know that many people here.­ 
Are you from East Texas or a transplant?

I was born in Texas, went over to La, as an infant and grew up in a small town right in the border tween the two on the Sabine River called Logansport.
From there I roamed everywhere else. :lol:


Posted by TexasCrude
Unregistered


The closest town for shopping for me will be Center, although I want to check St. Augustine out.
For Home Depot, my brother says I will have to go to Nacogdoches.
Shelbyville is closer, but all they seem to have there is a bank.  Maybe an old timey convenience store.
Since I will be driving on dirt roads and will need to haul stuff, I am thinking about getting a small pickup.
Maybe a Ford Ranger.  Something used.

I've heard people say "I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as fast as I could". lol


Posted by .
Unregistered


Oh yeah, for something besides CHI'NEE*MART you got to go over to Nacogdoches.
Center has a lot for a small town, but Nac has SFA and a college town has more just by nature.
As for San Augustine, I have not been down that way in years now.
Sounds like your going to be south of center by ragtown.


Posted by .JOE
Unregistered


Theys some deep piney woods down in there, but the people are a good sort. 
Yes I would recommend a little truck if your going to be living in the backwoods and on dirt roads.
A little Ford ranger would be perfect for that. Those ole roads can get a lil rough come a wet winter.


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said: Oh yeah, for something besides CHI'NEE*MART you got to go over to Nacogdoches.
Center has a lot for a small town, but Nac has SFA and a college town has more just by nature.
As for San Augustine, I have not been down that way in years now.
Sounds like your going to be south of center by ragtown.

­I think San Augustine is a little bigger than Center.
Yeah, I have been through Nacogdoches before and it looks like a neat town.
Not sure where ragtown is.  I am going to have to get instructions from my brother to find the place again.
I plan on going this weekend to check some stuff out.


Posted by .
Unregistered


.JOE said: Theys some deep piney woods down in there, but the people are a good sort. 
Yes I would recommend a little truck if your going to be living in the backwoods and on dirt roads.
A little Ford ranger would be perfect for that. Those ole roads can get a lil rough come a wet winter.

­I think so too.  Not sure if I want to keep my crv, but it rides a lot more comfortable than a pickup would and it holds a lot when you let the seats down.
But it is a dark blue and shows dirt easy.  I think silver seems to hide dirt better than other colors.


Posted by .
Unregistered


If the CRV is paid for, keep it. Easier to rinse it off than buy a new truck! :lol:


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said: If the CRV is paid for, keep it. Easier to rinse it off than buy a new truck! :lol:

­It's paid for.  Right now it is in the shop getting a new hood.
I ended up in a ditch and hit a tree.  Tree was fine but the car was ugly!
Still drove fine although I stayed off the interstate in case that hood popped up.
Already got beat up in a hail storm earlier in the year.  Th efirst time I ever had to file on insurance.
She has been through it.

Not a new truck.  An older one if I want to haul lumber.


Posted by .
Unregistered


SHIT SAVE YA MONEY AND GET ANN OLE BOY A FEW BUCKS BEER MONEY TO HAUL IT FOR YOU IN HIS TRUCK! :lol:
Or you can rent you a trailer from Tractor Supply Co there in Center.


Posted by .
Unregistered


Then again, I understand ya wanting to be independent an all too.
I do not have a vehicle but I have access to several if I need one. I just rarely need one. 
I could go buy me a used truck or whatever if I wanted too, but I do not really have a constant need for it.


Posted by .
Unregistered


I liked your first idea better.
Heck, a case of beer is nothing.

I also need to hire some guy to build me a porch and deck.
You know any handy men?



Quick Reply
Moniker:
 

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.

Log In | Register | Close