Topic: Life is good down by the river
Posted by .Abaddon
Unregistered

. said:
­he died the way real men used to die. Like honorable soldiers on the battlefield. Sounds like a fuckin marine to me. You should be proud that he went down with the ship like a captain. I’ve had it with all these expensive medical procedures that give people a few more miserable years of existence, and it’s not living, it is just keeping you on life support while the medical industrial complex sucks every last nickel from your family. Fuck. That.
I hope your old man went out with an unfiltered camel burning away, a bottle  of Johnny Walker Blue , and a teen Thai hooker sucking him dry.

­You made me laugh, my friend.
:erection:

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

I hope your old man went out with an unfiltered camel burning away, a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue , and a teen Thai hooker sucking him dry.

:lol: No, not a Marine, 101st Airborne Ranger Ret, and it was with a cigar & a half bottle of Glenfiddich 15 single malt though. 
And I was, and am still proud of him to this day.
You are right, HE DIED LIKE A MAN on his own front porch, looking out over his land. 
Not in some sterile fucking hospital, treated like a side of beef while waiting for his "bed space" to open up & surrounded by wailing assed women & strangers.
He was a hard as nails motherfucker, right up to his end. Hell, I honestly always though the man would bury me first, he was that goddamned tuff.
He was a good & loving father though, stern but fair, slow to anger, and not a rash man. He'd let you be a kid and be a boy and he let my ass slide
on shit I should have got a shellacking for. But if you was really fuckin up, he could cut you a look, snap that finger & point... 
Man, You were afraid to breath more than your share of air out of the room... :lol:
Shit, I'm damn near in my "tender feels" just talkin bout him. I miss him terribly still, and he's been gone over 20 years now.

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

.Satan said:
­YOU ARE PREACHING TO THE CHOIR!
I've gone barefoot through the weeds at the side of a busy highway and never even hit a stob.
And I didn't have on any drawers, just a worn gown.
But I still can't see well enough to do away with my glasses.
SO HOW MUCH TORMEANT MUST I ATONE FOR?

Rhetorically, of course.

I honestly think we all get our own portion of torments, according to our actions or inactions in our lives.
But sometimes horrible things happen to good & decent innocent people as well. I believe they get a better deal
when they go back to the Creator, I really do.

Posted by .Meta.Physical
Unregistered

.JOE said:
I honestly think we all get our own portion of torments, according to our actions or inactions in our lives.
But sometimes horrible things happen to good & decent innocent people as well. I believe they get a better deal
when they go back to the Creator, I really do.

­He doesn't want all of us back at once.
But maybe the innocent that suffer in their own hell on earth,
will get to slide when going through hell.
Just run in the out door and out the in door.

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

Could be, I would like to think so. 
Then you have to remember as in any game their are NPC's.
Created characters/ entities without any real function, but are there to enhance the "actual players" experience.
If this world is indeed a Savage Garden created for "Spiritual Beings" to have a "physical world experience" here, then
it would stand to reason that there would have to be Non Player Characters here as well. Just "empty vessels" performing a
basic program...
Think about it.

Posted by .Abaddon
Unregistered

.JOE said: Could be, I would like to think so. 
Then you have to remember as in any game their are NPC's.
Created characters/ entities without any real function, but are there to enhance the "actual players" experience.
If this world is indeed a Savage Garden created for "Spiritual Beings" to have a "physical world experience" here, then
it would stand to reason that there would have to be Non Player Characters here as well. Just "empty vessels" performing a
basic program...
Think about it.

­You are not the first to ask me about the NPC's with concern.
But I tell him the more we interact with them the more human they get.
Also, NPC is a unique character that has no match and cannot be replaced.
Not all are made of plastic, but keep in mind
If it matters, it matters.

You should watch season 1 of Westworld.

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

I watch very little if any actual TV "Programming" I shy away from such hypnotizing devices now. 
A little You Tube, documentaries, non fiction/how to things & music for me. 
But I will give Westworld a look. I did read the book way back when. 
I am more of a reader than a viewer by nature.

Posted by .CrazyAlice
Unregistered

.JOE said: I watch very little if any actual TV "Programming" I shy away from such hypnotizing devices now. 
A little You Tube, documentaries, non fiction/how to things & music for me. 
But I will give Westworld a look. I did read the book way back when. 
I am more of a reader than a viewer by nature.

­There is an old movie also with Yul Brynner.
The main thing you will learn is that some NPC's re-set (usually, after being brutally murdered) and getting new parts still remember bits and pieces
of their previous lives.  Especially, if they loved.  The madam is the best character, in my opinion, in the show.

Posted by .
Unregistered

I THINK WE ALL REMEMBER BITS N PIECES OF OUR PREVIOUS ANCESTORS ADVENTURES AND EXPIERENCES WHILE HERE IN THE SAVAGE GARDEN THROUGH OUR DNA AS WELL. SCIENCE HAS PROVEN THIS THEORY TO BE TRUE IN LAB STUDIES. THE PROBLEM IS MOST DO NOT RECOGNISE THEM FOR WHAT THEY REALLY ARE. 
BITS & PIECES OF YOUR OWN "SPIRITUAL BEINGS" MEMORIES.

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

You ever been somewhere and you get that feeling of Deja Vu  or whatever, like you've been there before? 
Or you have a compulsion to go somewhere or do something or learn about something, you've never been interested in.
There is a reason for that...
WE HAVE BEEN HERE A VERY LONG TIME.

The oldest fossil remains of anatomically modern humans are the Omo remains that date to 195,000 years ago. 
Other fossils include Homo sapiens idaltu from Herto in Ethiopia that are 150kya and remains from Skhul in Israel that are 90kya.

Anatomically modern humans - Fossil Wiki - Wikia
fossil.wikia.com/wiki/Anatomically_modern_humans

FOR AT LEAST 195,000 + YEARS WE "SPIRITUAL BEINGS" HAVE BEEN BORN INTO "MEAT & BONE VESSELS" HERE IN THE SAVAGE GARDEN.
TO EXPIERENCE ALL IT HAS TO OFFER, THAT PHISICAL DNA REACHES BACK THOUSANDS OF YEARS, AND 100's OR MORE LIFETIMES,
ALL OF THAT INFORMATION IS WITHIN YOU... ALL THE WAY BACK FROM YOUR FIRST LIVING ANCESTOR, RIGHT UP TO YOU...
NOW WHAT IN THE HELL DO YOU HAVE TO REALLY FEAR HERE TODAY?
THE ONLY THING I EVER REMOTELY FEAR IS OFFENDING MY CREATOR, MY GOD!
EVERYTHING ELSE CAN KICK ROCKS...

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: I THINK WE ALL REMEMBER BITS N PIECES OF OUR PREVIOUS ANCESTORS ADVENTURES AND EXPIERENCES WHILE HERE IN THE SAVAGE GARDEN THROUGH OUR DNA AS WELL. SCIENCE HAS PROVEN THIS THEORY TO BE TRUE IN LAB STUDIES. THE PROBLEM IS MOST DO NOT RECOGNISE THEM FOR WHAT THEY REALLY ARE. 
BITS & PIECES OF YOUR OWN "SPIRITUAL BEINGS" MEMORIES.

­I try to find a place I want to remember, such as how a squirrel feels when they are leaping from tree to tree,
down in the muck, not so much..
But there can be too many memories for one head to hold.
At times I have felt my brain swelling and I've learned how to off-load some.
But sometimes I have a thought and then it is hidden away almost immediately.
God is very protective of us all, but
he promised he would know the number of hairs on our head and
I think he might be greatful for help from the computer.
But I wouldn't want to be presumptuous.

Posted by .
Unregistered

.JOE said: You ever been somewhere and you get that feeling of Deja Vu  or whatever, like you've been there before? 
Or you have a compulsion to go somewhere or do something or learn about something, you've never been interested in.
There is a reason for that...
WE HAVE BEEN HERE A VERY LONG TIME.
I have just been here a LONG TIME, so I am younger.

The oldest fossil remains of anatomically modern humans are the Omo remains that date to 195,000 years ago. 
Other fossils include Homo sapiens idaltu from Herto in Ethiopia that are 150kya and remains from Skhul in Israel that are 90kya.

Anatomically modern humans - Fossil Wiki - Wikia
fossil.wikia.com/wiki/Anatomically_modern_humans
Did you know that almost everyone has 2% android DNA as well as 2% Neanderthal?

FOR AT LEAST 195,000 + YEARS WE "SPIRITUAL BEINGS" HAVE BEEN BORN INTO "MEAT & BONE VESSELS" HERE IN THE SAVAGE GARDEN.
TO EXPIERENCE ALL IT HAS TO OFFER, THAT PHISICAL DNA REACHES BACK THOUSANDS OF YEARS, AND 100's OR MORE LIFETIMES,
ALL OF THAT INFORMATION IS WITHIN YOU... ALL THE WAY BACK FROM YOUR FIRST LIVING ANCESTOR, RIGHT UP TO YOU...
NOW WHAT IN THE HELL DO YOU HAVE TO REALLY FEAR HERE TODAY?
THE ONLY THING I EVER REMOTELY FEAR IS OFFENDING MY CREATOR, MY GOD!
EVERYTHING ELSE CAN KICK ROCKS...

I was sacrilegious towards God and he was offended...
But I think he may have gotten over it.  At least, I pray so.

Posted by .Abaddon
Unregistered

I may have offended JOE.
Oh, well. :shrug:

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

.Abaddon said: I may have offended JOE.
Oh, well. :shrug:

:lol: Not at all, not at all... Sorry I had a visitor come down and I was talking to her, then we went out to eat a bite. Shes down at the boat ramp partying with her sister, right now. I had my phone turned off.  I can't stand folks who fiddle with their phones when I talk to them, it's rude to me and I don't do it myself.

As for God, the good thing is he's quick to forgive the sincere...

Posted by .
Unregistered

.JOE said:
 :lol: Not at all, not at all... Sorry I had a visitor come down and I was talking to her, then we went out to eat a bite. Shes down at the boat ramp partying with her sister, right now. I had my phone turned off.  I can't stand folks who fiddle with their phones when I talk to them, it's rude to me and I don't do it myself.

As for God, the good thing is he's quick to forgive the sincere...

­I agree about the phones.

Define quick.
It has been a long summer.
I am looking forward to autumn.

BTW, I took a fall out of a perfectly good airplane once. :)

It was a tandem jump and I had a video made.  It was very exhilarating.
I should have done it twice.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Quite a different perspective from that high & falling aint it.

As for how "quick is quick" to the Creator, I cant say. 
Only God winds his watch or keeps time by it...

Posted by .
Unregistered

Did you do a solo or tandem?
A friend jumped right behind me and she had solo'd before,
but she freaked out during the tandem and locked her legs straight out.
Dive Master had to beat on her thighs to get her to stop as he couldn't control the fall that way.
You are supposed to swing them up and rest them on the DM's butt.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Solo but it was a static line jump out in the desert scrub of New Mexico. Had a friend who wanted to do it but didn't wanna go alone, so I volunteered to go with him. 
We went through the lil bit of training they give you, he was all gung ho & shit. But when we got up there, and he got in that door he locked up. I pushed his ass out, and was right behind him.
He screamed like hell till that chute opened up and jerked a knot in his ass! Then he went to hoopin & laughing. I was nervous but I made my mind up to do it, once I was out the door I was going through the steps like they taught us, I enjoyed the hell out of it. That was somethin else. Worth every penny I paid for it! :lol:

Posted by .JOE
Unregistered

If you ever get a chance to go up in a hot air balloon, DO IT! It is a totally different thing, but so worth it... It is beautiful beyond description, and silent... Well except for when the burners going that is.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Hah.  I didn't really jump.  I just didn't resist.  I don't know if I could have, but maybe.

I have never been in a Hot Air Balloon.  I will put that on my bucket list.
I did get to go White Water Rafting once.  That was big fun. :)

Posted by .
Unregistered

Never did any white water rafting. Did a lot of canoeing/boating though & fishing a plenty. I always prefer to camp by live water if possible, it just makes things easier. There is always food & forage by a water source.  Back when I was roaming across the country, I'd always take refuge under a bridge at nightfall when I could by some water. If it was a good spot I'd lay up a day or two before heading out again.

Posted by .CrazyAlice
Unregistered

. said: Never did any white water rafting. Did a lot of canoeing/boating though & fishing a plenty. I always prefer to camp by live water if possible, it just makes things easier. There is always food & forage by a water source.  Back when I was roaming across the country, I'd always take refuge under a bridge at nightfall when I could by some water. If it was a good spot I'd lay up a day or two before heading out again.

­:troll:
\
:emma:

Posted by .CrazyAlice
Unregistered

:lol:

It sounds like you live the good life, Joe.
Hopefully, I will too soon.

Posted by .
Unregistered

.CrazyAlice said:
­:troll:
\
:emma:

Troll or not, :lol: I tell you what, if the weathers crappy you'll be damn glad of a good shelter over ya noggin come nightfall.

Posted by .
Unregistered

.CrazyAlice said: :lol:

It sounds like you live the good life, Joe.
Hopefully, I will too soon.

I really do to be honest, I can't bitch because I chose this way of living on purpose. And I really got nothing to bitch about anyway!
I'm dry, cool, safe, healthy, fit, warm, full, clean, have all I want & need, without being wasteful or a burden to others. I have no debts,
no stress, no worries, and am content in my station. Honestly, I believe the Creator has blessed me with much more than I ever deserved.
and I am very thankful to the "I AM THAT, I AM" for it!

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.