Topic: Last FEAR THE WALKING DEAD Was A Terrible Episode And Snoozefest.
Posted by .
Unregistered

The writer for that episode should never work again.

Posted by .
Unregistered

I lost interest in the whole fucking thing.  With the kids-living-in-the-woods-setting-traps then turning out to be not-so-bad...just who gives a fuck?  The nigra-with-the-bad-past-and-heart-of-gold.

Posted by .
Unregistered

First it was sharknados, then zombies.
What's the next scare craze? Generous Jews?

Posted by .
Unregistered

That shit is still on?? I left after the 3rd season.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Zombie shows are actually a form of wish fulfillment. When a zombie apocalypse happens, society collapses. It is a bad thing as in there is lawlessness and flesh eating creatures everywhere. But at the same time, no more credit cards or 9 to 5 jobs. You're free from a fucked society to rebuild and raise crops and live off the grid, because there is no grid to go back to. And freedom from society is a chance to put racism and other prejudices behind because there is no time for that when you are fending off the undead and trying not to starve. 

TV tropes has a name for this. Cosy Catastrophe.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CosyCatastrophe

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Zombie shows are actually a form of wish fulfillment. When a zombie apocalypse happens, society collapses. It is a bad thing as in there is lawlessness and flesh eating creatures everywhere. But at the same time, no more credit cards or 9 to 5 jobs. You're free from a fucked society to rebuild and raise crops and live off the grid, because there is no grid to go back to. And freedom from society is a chance to put racism and other prejudices behind because there is no time for that when you are fending off the undead and trying not to starve. 

TV tropes has a name for this. Cosy Catastrophe.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CosyCatastrophe

­
And if 99% of the people are gone then you own 100 cars, 100 houses, 100 guns, etc.  Weirdly, the dumb fuckers in the Walking Dead shows never figure out how to round up the loot.  That was explored more fully in The Last Man On Earth and Zombieland (in a comedic way)

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­
And if 99% of the people are gone then you own 100 cars, 100 houses, 100 guns, etc.  Weirdly, the dumb fuckers in the Walking Dead shows never figure out how to round up the loot.  That was explored more fully in The Last Man On Earth and Zombieland (in a comedic way)

­
They walk past mounted machine guns and military outposts and seize nothing. They don’t know how to make fertilizer bombs. The characters go back and forth from badass to navel gazing. It’s just bad writing. I liked one season where the one “bad guy” wanted to take over a dam. Then it blew up and the story line disappeared. These shows exist to create more show and a rationale for Geico ads, they don’t exist to tell a story.

Posted by .
Unregistered

I would let the main girl impale me with a rod.  :tard:

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.