Topic: New theory states climate change is causing the supposed "migration crisis."
Posted by BoomerBoi.nli
Unregistered

People are leaving Central America, not only because of political asylum claims, but because the climate is changing.  It's becoming too hot to grow food.

Climate deniers, put that in your pipe and smoke it.

And let me ask you:  What would you do if where you lived did not support your subsistence?

Posted by .
Unregistered

I have complete empathy for those trying to cross into our country.  I would be doing the same thing if I were in their shoes.

Posted by .
Unregistered

The real question is whether climate change is predominantly anthropogenic or not. Of course the climate is changing, everything on Earth is in flux. Is it due to anthropogenic factors that can be mitigated, or is it predominantly due to Milankovitch cycles, solar cycles and so on? Having opened my mind and listened to the other (non-mainstream) arguments, I'm not so sure anymore.

And is the water vapour modelling in mathematical models used by scientists to extrapolate correct? There seem to be credible scientists around who think that it isn't (have read some of their blogs myself. There are scientists who say that water vapour forms part of a closed self-regulating feedback loop. As Earth's temp rises, water evaporates and there's more cloud, which then reduces solar radiation reaching the surface.

Posted by BoomerBoi.nli
Unregistered

. said: I have complete empathy for those trying to cross into our country.  I would be doing the same thing if I were in their shoes.

As a trained and practiced Economist, this is Econ 101 stuff.  The type of economics that we studied in our 3rd week of class.  People move when they can no longer support themselves.  It has been happening since time beginning.  In the realm of things, this is normal.

Posted by .
Unregistered

People NEVER leave their country because they want to.  They leave because they have too.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Thanks for all the links to back your crackpot theory. You have completely sold me on your premise.

Posted by BoomerBoi.nli
Unregistered

I worked at an International NGO that studied this shit.  We knew about climate-related migration 30 years ago.

Posted by BoomerBoi.nli
Unregistered

. said: Thanks for all the links to back your crackpot theory. You have completely sold me on your premise.

Here you go, dickhead.  Plenty more links out there.

https://www.nrdc.org/onearth/climate-change-already-driving-mass-migration-around-globe

Posted by .
Unregistered

Makes sense that climate is a major factor in migration patterns.

Posted by BoomerBoi.nli
Unregistered

. said: Makes sense that climate is a major factor in migration patterns.

Of course it does.  As do political matters.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Boomer has been outed as a troll as often as OLG

Posted by .
Unregistered

BoomerBoi.nli said:
. said: Makes sense that climate is a major factor in migration patterns.

Of course it does.  As do political matters.

Obviously. And economic factors. Still, it's also understandable (if not condonable) why some downtrodden folks don't wanna share and have hardened their attitudes to such people

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Boomer has been outed as a troll as often as OLG

He's making good sense in this thread.

Posted by .
Unregistered

BoomerBoi.nli said: People are leaving Central America, not only because of political asylum claims, but because the climate is changing.  It's becoming too hot to grow food.

Climate deniers, put that in your pipe and smoke it.

And let me ask you:  What would you do if where you lived did not support your subsistence?

It's not what I would do, it's what the target country SHOULD do to preserve its demographics and secure future. 

And if you wonder why they are leaving their shithole country in droves, go to Google and type "[country name] population"  to see the incredible population growth that feeds this exodus.  Not climate change, not wars or political mess, but the fact that they've exceeded the carrying capacity of their land and economy.

Posted by .
Unregistered

­
The current iteration of the Boomer troll is run by DrifterBee.

Posted by .
Unregistered

There is plenty to eat in Central America. Fish and Game, fruit and pith, tubers, grubs. Lots of good eats in Central America. They just want to live in Disney World. Weak people feel sorry for them and let them in.

Posted by .
Unregistered

BoomerBoi.nli said:
 . said: Thanks for all the links to back your crackpot theory. You have completely sold me on your premise.

Here you go, dickhead.  Plenty more links out there.

https://www.nrdc.org/onearth/climate-change-already-driving-mass-migration-around-globe

­Never heard of them. Next.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Every time an illegal crosses our southern border their carbon footprint quadruples. Send the third worlders home to fight climate change.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:

He's making good sense in this thread.
  \
:sock:

­

:lol: :fag:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: There is plenty to eat in Central America. Fish and Game, fruit and pith, tubers, grubs. Lots of good eats in Central America. They just want to live in Disney World. Weak people feel sorry for them and let them in.

I doubt any asylum seeker has decided to leave their own country, give up their homes and family, to visit Disney World.  Were you dropped on your head as a kid?

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
. said: There is plenty to eat in Central America. Fish and Game, fruit and pith, tubers, grubs. Lots of good eats in Central America. They just want to live in Disney World. Weak people feel sorry for them and let them in.

I doubt any asylum seeker has decided to leave their own country, give up their homes and family, to visit Disney World.  Were you dropped on your head as a kid?
  \
:insane:

­

asylum seeker :lol: :fag:

I'm a fag I need asylum.
  \
:winner:

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.