Topic: It's hotter than hell here in Savannah right now.
Posted by Flyrodder.nli
Unregistered

The streets, alleys and waterways are empty.  Everyone is hunkered down in their air conditioned hovels.  The city looks like a fucking ghost town.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Best time I ever had was spending an evening (the sun had gone down) in Market Square, dining outside on a warm August evening.  Savannah is a magical place.

Posted by .
Unregistered

My parents grew up in South Georgia during the 30's and 40's.  Without air-conditioning.  To this day, I wondered how they survived.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Flyrodder.nli said: The streets, alleys and waterways are empty.  Everyone is hunkered down in their air conditioned hovels.  The city looks like a fucking ghost town.

I've been in Savannah in the summertime, and that was the one strike against it. Both hot AND humid.

Lots of Negroes, too, but not too hard to avoid. Plus many of them are friendly Negroes who haven't been Yankeeified.

Posted by .
Unregistered

https://i.imgur.com/mg8Loww.jpg

Posted by Flyrodder.nli
Unregistered

. said: Best time I ever had was spending an evening (the sun had gone down) in Market Square, dining outside on a warm August evening.  Savannah is a magical place.

I take it you ate at Belford's, a fine and long-established dining facility.  I sometimes sell my catch to those fine folks.

Posted by .
Unregistered

I like poo.

Posted by .
Unregistered

I've been to both Charleston, SC and Savannah many times.  I prefer Savannah.

As a little anecdote, I asked a gentleman from Savannah the biggest difference between Charleston and Savannah.  His reply:  "In Charleston, they ask who your Mother was.  In Savannah, we ask what you want to drink."

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: I've been to both Charleston, SC and Savannah many times.  I prefer Savannah.

As a little anecdote, I asked a gentleman from Savannah the biggest difference between Charleston and Savannah.  His reply:  "In Charleston, they ask who your Mother was.  In Savannah, we ask what you want to drink."

Now, that's funny.  :lol:

Posted by Flyrodder.nli
Unregistered

Over the last couple of years, we have gotten some really good restaurants here.  Last year's James Beard top chef winner was the gal who runs "The Grey," a remarkable restaurant in an old Greyhound bus station located downtown.

Posted by .
Unregistered

It's the global cooling, y'know?  :lol:

Posted by .
Unregistered

hotter than two rats fcukin in a wool sock in east Texas right now.

Posted by .
Unregistered

fucking hott in San Francisco, as well.  In fact, this year has been the hottest that I can remember.

Posted by Boomer de Toulouse
Unregistered

:potd::potd: ($25k/mo GFFL)

Posted by Flyrodder.nli
Unregistered

Our problem:  the thing that usually cools these heatwaves down is a hurricane.  We've had two difficult ones the last two years.  Most miserable experience of my life was tying down two center console bay boats, wind blowing 80 mph, chop 3+ feet, rain coming at you sideways, and in the dark.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Boomer de Toulouse said: :potd::potd: ($25k/mo GFFL)

Que?

Posted by Boomer de Toulouse
Unregistered

. said:

Que?

­
https://imgur.com/a/dxjnY1G :digtbk:

Posted by .
Unregistered

90 degrees here in LA.  Thank God I'm naked.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Boomer de Toulouse said:
 . said:

Que?

­
https://imgur.com/a/dxjnY1G :digtbk:

I don't get it.

Posted by .
Unregistered

I barfed all over the sidewalk on River Street when I was there a few weeks ago.

:lol:

Posted by .
Unregistered

Νiggers. Lots and lots of ոiggers. :thumbdown:

Posted by .
Unregistered

Second poster in this thread.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Flyrodder.nli said: Over the last couple of years, we have gotten some really good restaurants here.  Last year's James Beard top chef winner was the gal who runs "The Grey," a remarkable restaurant in an old Greyhound bus station located downtown.

That's all you diversity worshipping millennial twinks ever think about; restaurants. Fucking pathetic.

Posted by Flyrodder.nli
Unregistered

. said: I barfed all over the sidewalk on River Street when I was there a few weeks ago.

:lol:

You should be here for St. Patrick's Day.  We have special machines to take care of our little River Street problem.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
That's all you diversity worshipping millennial twinks ever think about; restaurants. Fucking pathetic.

­
Clearly, like you, we should spend all our time thinking about big black GRIBS-infested cock.

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.