Topic: ITT: albums with no bad songs
Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
. said: Tapestry is a great album.

Bring on the hate

It's an artifact of its era.  Today, (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman would be attacked as a sickening reification of patriarchy and of biological essentialism.  It's a great song, though, for its time.

Smackwater Jack is the one song, though, because of which Tapestry can't justifiably be placed on the "no bad tracks" list.  Not only is it a song that glorifies both a mass shooter and the vigilante mob that hangs him -- a horrifying topic in 2019 -- it's bizarrely out of place amidst the introspective melodies that comprise the rest of the album.

It makes me feel warm inside to have absolutely no idea what you old farts are discussing.

F2: the one message board on the internet where you can still feel young when you're pushing 50. :smug:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
It makes me feel warm inside to have absolutely no idea what you old farts are discussing.

F2: the one message board on the internet where you can still feel young when you're pushing 50. :smug:

­That’s OK. I feel warm inside knowing that your generation is going broke paying for my Social Security, which will have gone bankrupt before you collect your own.

Posted by .
Unregistered

THREE PAGES OF OLD FART SELF OWNAGE
:morecowbell::grampa::grams::morecowbell:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
. said:

­That’s OK.  I feel warm inside knowing that your generation is going broke paying for my Social Security, which will have gone bankrupt before you collect your own.

You have to rely on SS? Sorry to hear you're poor. :lol:

Posted by .polareyes.
Unregistered

felt - poem of the river
jim o'rourke - halfway to a threeway
lambchop - aw c'mon/no you c'mon
pale saints - the comforts of madness
ryuichi sakamoto - sweet revenge
the style council - confessions of a pop group
r.e.m. - lifes rich pageant

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
. said:
. said:

­That’s OK.  I feel warm inside knowing that your generation is going broke paying for my Social Security, which will have gone bankrupt before you collect your own.

You have to rely on SS? Sorry to hear you're poor. :lol:

­
:nuke:

Posted by .
Unregistered

Mozart - Le Nozze di Figaro

Posted by .
Unregistered

Let's not forget JerJer's second smash hit, Miracle Man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4qDAWvjrdc

Posted by .
Unregistered

All the Zep and Floyd albums

Posted by .
Unregistered

Abbey Road
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

Posted by .
Unregistered

Dave Brubeck - Take Five

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Mozart - Le Nozze di Figaro

:motorcycle:

:discussionclosed:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Out of the Cellar, Invasion of Your Privacy, and Dancing Undercover by RATT

:rockon:   :mittens:

Out of the Cellar!

­:rockon:

Posted by .
Unregistered

There have been NO good Hair Bands, ever.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Bachman-Turner Overdrive - Not Fragile

Posted by .
Unregistered

Praise Jesus - Jim Nabors (Gomer Pyle)

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
. said: Mozart - Le Nozze di Figaro

:motorcycle:

:discussionclosed:

­Withstands the test of time.

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.