Topic: Lots of fucked tech stocks crashed 50% in the past month.
Posted by .
Unregistered

Pud could have easily raised $100 million here.

Posted by SPSS
Unregistered

big data is here to stay, it is too powerful and beneficial.  We are seeing the usual pattern with dozens of new companies trying and failing.  Eventually a few big giants will run the industry.

Posted by .
Unregistered

SPSS said: big data is here to stay, it is too powerful and beneficial.  We are seeing the usual pattern with dozens of new companies trying and failing.  Eventually a few big giants will run the industry.

­:facepalm:
Companies with multibillion dollar valuations whose sole product is based on 15 year old open source software that can be downloaded by anyone in the world for free.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Zoom Communications is the next one to crash.  Up 120% since the IPO in April.

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/ZM

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Zoom Communications is the next one to crash.  Up 120% since the IPO in April.

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/ZM

­
Everyone uses zoom. everyone. every fucking meeting I'm in, everyone uses zoom now.

What's funny is video conferencing has been done 1000X but somehow this fucker managed to just make his #1 and every other one has gone to shit. People use it because it just works.

If you want to get on the next train, jump on Slack. It goes public on the 20th. It's a DPO, no underwriter. Stock will be unstoppable for years. Everyone I know uses and everyone who doesn't will be using it.

They will win, just like Zoom did.­ I own $100K worth of Slack stock at the last valuation ($7B or $9B, can't remember). Wish I had more. It is trading privately for 2.5X that right now. So, it will probably go public at a 20B+. But it will run up to 60B. I wouldn't buy it over 60B.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Tech is largely a Jew scam now.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­
I'm the retired dotcom dot. Made a big chunk of of money in the '99 boom and cashed out as soon as I could. That's where I found FC.

Although I'm not very retired any more. My sister has way more money than I do because she didn't retire so I feel middle class. She's on the teevee on a regular basis and I never am.

­
What does your wife do?

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: $21,783,425.92

Personal Value
+$336,742.12 (1.57%)
Day Change

­
What broker do you use?

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
About time for the "big data" fad to implode. It turns out that not many companies besides Google and Facebook have enough data worth a fuck.

AI and Blockchain will have a similar fate.

No shit. This was one of the most fucked up fads ever. It was brought to market by douchebags with no technical knowledge and sold to non-tech managers in control of the budget. And woe to the Trev who tries to point out that the tech stack they're buying is a sack of shit. 

Based on the advice we paid Accenture 2 million dollars for, we're replacing all our Oracle and SQL Server databases with Hadoop (with the help of Accenture, of course).  
\
:shatner:

This will help you monetize your competitiveness through collaboratively uberizing your data assets
\
:pedohunter:

Um. Excuse me. But we only have 1 Terabyte of data and I can process all of it on my laptop faster than Hadoop can on 10 servers. Plus Hadoop offers no security, is poor at multi-user management, and requires a dozen other half-baked open-source components to work.
\
:milton:

later .. 

Sorry, Milton, but we need team players in this company, not people who are unwilling to embrace new technologies. Good luck!
\
:tfb:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
No shit. This was one of the most fucked up fads ever. It was brought to market by douchebags with no technical knowledge and sold to non-tech managers in control of the budget. And woe to the Trev who tries to point out that the tech stack they're buying is a sack of shit. 

Based on the advice we paid Accenture 2 million dollars for, we're replacing all our Oracle and SQL Server databases with Hadoop (with the help of Accenture, of course).  
\
:shatner:

This will help you monetize your competitiveness through collaboratively uberizing your data assets
\
:pedohunter:

Um. Excuse me. But we only have 1 Terabyte of data and I can process all of it on my laptop faster than Hadoop can on 10 servers. Plus Hadoop offers no security, is poor at multi-user management, and requires a dozen other half-baked open-source components to work.
\
:milton:

later .. 

Sorry, Milton, but we need team players in this company, not people who are unwilling to embrace new technologies. Good luck!
\
:tfb:

:potd:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­What does your wife do?

­t time
She quit working when we had kids which was just after the IPO in '99. She's gotten fat now, she's about 25 pounds overweight, and has heath problems. Those aren't  her fault but they suck.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­
What broker do you use?

­
Schwab. They are the best and give me lots of free shit for making big deposits. I had some money in Fidelity and was with them for over 20 years and then I read they were doing something with Bitcoin. I told my advisor I was going to close my account if the company was fucking with BItcoin. They kept fucking with it so I closed all my accounts there and moved that money over to Schwab too. Bitcoin is a stupid pyramid scheme and any brokerage or investment company that gets involved in it in any way I'm not dealing with. It shows they are morons. If Schwab went and did something with it, I would pull my money out of there too.

Posted by .
Unregistered

so, how do you pick the winner?

CEO, big investors, revenue, patents?

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
. said:
­What does your wife do?

­t time
She quit working when we had kids which was just after the IPO in '99. She's gotten fat now, she's about 25 pounds overweight, and has heath problems. Those aren't  her fault but they suck.

Send her back to work.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: so, how do you pick the winner?

­
All mid and small-cap companies are fucked when the corporate debt crisis comes to a head. Remember it took 16 YEARS for the Nasdaq to recover from the 2000 collapse.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: so, how do you pick the winner?

­
WTF are you asking about?

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­
All mid and small-cap companies are fucked when the corporate debt crisis comes to a head. Remember it took 16 YEARS for the Nasdaq to recover from the 2000 collapse.

­
There's no fucking corporate debt crisis. Companies are buying their own stock back FFS. The only reason a lot of the big companies have some debt is because they don't want to pay taxes.

They move all their profits over to Ireland or some such shit. But then they can't take that cash back to the US. So, they take out debt in the US to buy shit.

No taxes to pay. Debt number goes up but it is just debt that they have cash to cover off-shore.

Same reason Larry Ellison used debt. He has stock in Oracle. If he sells it, he has to pay tax out his ass. He doesn't want to pay any tax. So, he just borrows against his stock ownership. Borrowing cash doesn't incur any tax. Some of the money he borrows is invested and generates a return so he doesn't give a fuck about the interest rate he has to pay which is almost nothing anyway because he has collateral to cover the whole thing.

Posted by .
Unregistered

https://www.businessinsider.com/larry-ellison-has-a-10b-credit-line-2014-9

Posted by .
Unregistered

Ellison pledged 250 million shares of Oracle's stock as collateral for his personal line of credit. 

The credit line represents only a fraction of his Oracle stake, too. He owns 1.16 billion shares of Oracle, about 26% of the company, according to forms filed to the SEC. The shares pledged as collateral are less than 20% of that.

The write of the article is a fucking idiot because he isn't sure why the guy has a $10B credit line for personal spending. People who have no fucking money have no fucking understanding of taxes.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: So where did you get the 8 figures? E-biz tycoon?

He invested in sucking a lot of hobo dick

Posted by .
Unregistered

What about Beyond Meat? BYND
$8.3 billion market cap for a fake meat product.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: What about Beyond Meat? BYND

­
Had a convo with someone about it today. I was thinking of buying some puts on it.

Their revenue is something like 40MM a quarter and they are losing something like 7MM on that. Market cap of 8B as you say. It's a fucking soyburger. They aren't any more healthy than actual meat and they have 1000 competitors who can make the same thing or better.

They are another groupon/blue apron. Fad hype where the stock will drop as quickly as the novelty does.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: What about Beyond Meat? BYND

­Down 25% today.

126.04 -42.06 (-25.02%)

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/BYND/

New Hall of Fame Inductee!
\
:pud:

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.