Topic: Gordon Lightfoot's Edwin Fitzgerald is a good song.
Posted by .
Unregistered

:hippie:

Posted by .
Unregistered

It’s Ella Fitzgerald you ducking idiot.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: It’s Ella Fitzgerald you ducking idiot.

This thread is now about Ella Fitzgerald.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:

:sovietman:

­

:notworthy:

Posted by .
Unregistered

The Great Lakes

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:

\
:indeed:

This thread is about the Edwin Fitzgerald. Sunk in November by a German Uboat while sailing on Gicha Goomy.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
This thread is about the Edwin Fitzgerald. Sunk in November by a German Uboat while sailing on Gicha Goomy.

FACT: The USS Edwin Fitzgerald was named after a gay British poet who died of AIDS in 1846. The ship was deliberately scuttled by the captain and crew on the 75th anniversary of Fitzgerald's death in order to bring worldwide awareness to the coming AIDS epidemic and the the mistreatment of gay men around the world. The officers and crew all wore rainbow uniforms for the occasion.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:

That doesn't make any sense. Why would a GERMAN U-boat sink the SS Edwin Fitzgerald? They were on the same side.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
. said:

That doesn't make any sense. Why would a GERMAN U-boat sink the SS Edwin Fitzgerald? They were on the same side.

It makes perfect sense if you read the post immediately above yours. It was a noble self-sacrifice on the part of the captain and crew to bring attention to gay rights. It obviously failed if you can't figure it out.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Was there ever a singer so wrongly named as Gordon Lightfoot? First of all, I've seen his foot and it is definitely NOT light. It is, in fact, quite heavy for a foot--if you can even call it a foot. Second of all, there is no way he's a Gordon. He doesn't look the slightest bit Scottish. If I had to guess, I'd say he's probably Italian with some admixture of Swedish. If he were honest, he'd change his name to something like Giuseppe Bjornsen Tonpod, GBT for short, pronounced Gibbett, with a hard G.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: :hippie:

Is this thread turning out the way you had hoped, OP?

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:

Sure, I started a nonsensical thread and received nine responses. Not bad. :digtbk:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
 . said:

Sure, I started a nonsensical thread and received nine responses. Not bad. :digtbk:

Does it matter what kind of responses you get or is it merely a numbers game?

Posted by .
Unregistered

Obviously numbers.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Obviously numbers.

See, I would go for quality over quantity. Four or five very long, passionate, and especially demented posts beat two dozen posts of two or three words and one emoticon.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
See, I would go for quality over quantity. Four or five very long, passionate, and especially demented posts beat two dozen posts of two or three words and one emoticon.

­
Quality? Here?

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
. said:

­
Quality? Here?

Quality is relative. What would be considered quality here would be seen as remedial rubbish elsewhere.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
. said:
 . said:

Does it matter what kind of responses you get or is it merely a numbers game?

Well I get paid by the number of responses so...

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.