Topic: Help me decide. 10 hour road trip lies ahead. 2001 Tundra or 2006 BMW Z4.
Posted by .
Unregistered

Which of these two vehicles would you choose for such a road trip?  Mostly highway miles.  Weather forecast: unknown.

Tundra has 95,000 miles on the Odometer.  The Zed has 18,000 miles.

Which would your drive?

Posted by .
Unregistered

I'd take the Z4.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Which of these two vehicles would you choose for such a road trip?  Mostly highway miles.  Weather forecast: unknown.

Tundra has 95,000 miles on the Odometer.  The Zed has 18,000 miles.

Which would your drive?

Go with the rocket, top down and balls forward.  Those Z4's are a blast to drive and this sort of trip is what those performance machines are made for.

Posted by .
Unregistered

If trunk space is not an issue, go with the Z4.  That would be a blast of a trip provided the weather was good and you could drop the top.

Posted by .
Unregistered

10 hours in an old truck sounds like torture.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Personally, I would go with the Tundra.  The visibility it affords would save your life.  In the Zed, you'd be under an 18 wheeler before you even realized it.  And 98,000 miles on a Tundra is nothing.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Take them both.  Drive the Tundra and trailer the BMW.

Posted by .
Unregistered

The Tundra would be more comfortable. Plus if you see a free couch on the side of the road you can throw it in the back.

Posted by .
Unregistered

If it were my trip I'd take the tundra. You can potentially pickup hitchhikers. Make sure you have the bumper sticker cash, grass and ass. Nobody rides alive.

Posted by .
Unregistered

My motorcycle clutch plates stick after sitting long enough. I put it in gear, pull in the clutch lever and after few jabs at the kick start they free up.

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.