Topic: The absolute last word on brexit. after this, d2m, kill yourself!
Posted by .
Unregistered

"In 1975 the 'European Communities membership referendum' was decided 67% to 33% to remain in. The question on the ballot paper was "Do you think that the United Kingdom should stay in the European Community (the Common Market)?"

A simple YES / NO answer was permitted (to be marked with a single 'X').
In other words a simple, binary question.
In 2011 the 'United Kingdom Alternative Vote (AV) referendum' was decided 68% to 32% to reject the AV option. The question on the ballot paper was "At present, the UK uses the "first past the post" system to elect MPs to the House of Commons. Should the "alternative vote" system be used instead?"
In 2014 the 'Scottish independence referendum' was decided 55% to 45% to remain a member of the UK. The question on the ballot paper was "Should Scotland be an independent country?"
In 2016 the 'United Kingdom European Union membership referendum' was decided 52% to 48% to Leave the EU. The question on the ballot paper was 'Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?'
With the responses to the question to be (to be marked with a single (X)):
Remain a member of the European Union
Leave the European Union
In every case prior to 2016 the results were delivered 100%, we remained in the EU, we retained the FPTP voting system and Scotland remained in the UK. There were no deals, no compromises and no second referendums.
Indeed, negotiation to establish the extent of further devolved powers from Westminster to Holyrood took place after the Scottish independence referendum result had been delivered.
In each of these referendums the result generally satisfied the expectation and desire of the incumbent government of the moment.
The 2016 Brexit referendum did not meet with the approval of the incumbent government so, despite clear historical precedence, the result has not been delivered 100%. There are now calls for deals, compromises and a second referendum.
:fuckyou:

Posted by .
Unregistered

SHUT THE FUCK UP, YA LIMEY CUNT!

Posted by death2me
Reminder: U=U

“Should we leave or remain in the European Union” is not a simple binary question. Why? Because “Leave” is not a single, coherent position.

It would have been akin to asking “Should we dump FPTP?” without specifying what would replace it.

AV, proportional representation, random selection of MPs and tyrannical dictatorship all satisfy “dumping FPTP.”

We’re currently in the phase of arguing about what shall replace FPTP: tyrannical dictatorship, random selection or keeping FPTP.

If the question had been “Should we remain in the European Union or leave with no deal?”, that would have been a simple binary choice. (And Remain would have won.)

I hope you finally understand this now.

Posted by .
Unregistered

death2me said: “Should we leave or remain in the European Union” is not a simple binary question. Why? Because “Leave” is not a single, coherent position.

It would have been akin to asking “Should we dump FPTP?” without specifying what would replace it.

AV, proportional representation, random selection of MPs and tyrannical dictatorship all satisfy “dumping FPTP.”

We’re currently in the phase of arguing about what shall replace FPTP: tyrannical dictatorship, random selection or keeping FPTP.

If the question had been “Should we remain in the European Union or leave with no deal?”, that would have been a simple binary choice. (And Remain would have won.)

I hope you finally understand this now.

You are imbecilic.  You're not funny.  You're a CUNT.  Everyone knows that.  Do you know that, right?

Posted by death2me

. said:
You are imbecilic.  You're not funny.  You're a CUNT.  Everyone knows that.  Do you know that, right?

­Which FPTP alternative do you see as fulfilling the Result of the Referendum(TM)?

Posted by .
Unregistered

death2me said:
. said:

­Which FPTP alternative do you see as fulfilling the Result of the Referendum(TM)?

What the FUCK are you babbling on about?  The CHOICE was FPTF or the AV.  1 or 2.  This or that.  The ALTERNATIVE VOTING SYSTEM was the alternative.  THAT is what people had to choose.  AV or FPTP.  They CHOSE FPTP.  And was adhered to.  CUNT!!!!!!!1111111

Posted by .
Unregistered

Time for Russia to gobble up the EU.

Posted by .
Unregistered

I’LL BREXIT ON YUOR FACE BITCH

Posted by death2me

. said:
death2me said:
. said:

What the FUCK are you babbling on about?  The CHOICE was FPTF or the AV.  1 or 2.  This or that.  The ALTERNATIVE VOTING SYSTEM was the alternative.  THAT is what people had to choose.  AV or FPTP.  They CHOSE FPTP.  And was adhered to.  CUNT!!!!!!!1111111

­Right, and my point is that the EU referendum was like my hypothetical open-ended “get rid of FPTP” question. Impossible to implement as there is no majority for what should replace Britain’s relationship with the EU (or what should replace FPTP in my hypothetical question).

Posted by .
Unregistered

death2me said:
. said:
death2me said:

­Right, and my point is that the EU referendum was like my hypothetical open-ended “get rid of FPTP” question. Impossible to implement as there is no majority for what should replace Britain’s relationship with the EU (or what should replace FPTP in my hypothetical question).

Leaving something is "impossible to implement".
/
:winner:

Question:

Do you want to remain a member of the golf club, or do you want to leave the golf club?

"I want to LEAVE"
/
:whitetrash:

"SORRY, THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO IMPLEMENT LEAVING THE GOLF CLUB"
/

Do you want to stay in your basement forever, or do you want to leave your basement?

"I want to LEAVE"
/
:wigger:

"SORRY, THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO IMPLEMENT LEAVING YOUR BASEMENT"
/
:Death2Me:

Posted by death2me

. said:
/

Question:

Do you want to remain a member of the golf club, or do you want to leave the golf club?

"I want to LEAVE"
/

/

Do you want to stay in your basement forever, or do you want to leave your basement?

"I want to LEAVE"
/

/

To leave my basement, I have to go somewhere else. That is what we are stuck on.

I want to move my family and I out of our house!
\

OK, where are you going to live?
\
:pedohunter:

Don't care. LEAVE MEANS LEAVE!
\

Posted by .
Unregistered

death2me said:
. said:
/

Question:

"I want to LEAVE"
/

/

"I want to LEAVE"
/

/

To leave my basement, I have to go somewhere else. That is what we are stuck on.

I want to move my family and I out of our house!
\

OK, where are you going to live?
\
:pedohunter:

Don't care. LEAVE MEANS LEAVE!
\

You are mentally handicapped.  You LITERALLY are mentally handicapped.

Britain doesn't have to GO anywhere.  You moronic CUNT.

The EU wants to SELL Britain £600,000,000,000 worth of goods per annum.  Britain currently sells £400,000,000,000 worth of goods to the EU.

That's it.  NOTHING CHANGES.  Britain says, "We want to continue buying FROM you without having to impose tariffs, and we want to sell TO you on the same terms.   Do you agree?  If YES, fine, sign here.  If NO, okay, WTO tariffs apply to both sides of the transaction, and Britain nets £9,000,000,000 from import tariffs.

The end.

Now FUCK OFF AND KILL YOURSELF.  DO YOUR BIT TO CURB GLOBAL WARMING.  YOU CANADIAN CUNT.
/
:discussionclosed:

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.