Topic: Unwashed American masses: your future is pretty much just grim poverty in old age.
Posted by .
Unregistered

On a personal level you're mostly fucked:

1. One in three Americans has less than $5,000 in retirement savings

2. The median household retirement savings is $50,000

3. Americans are leaving $24 billion in unclaimed 401(k) matches on the table

4. 29% of Americans have taken early withdrawals from their retirement accounts

And with years of record trillion dollar+ Trump budget deficits ahead of us you'd best not count on Social Security gimmedats to bail you out.

Posted by .
Unregistered

I look forward to spilling my blood in the middle east for the 2%!

We must neutralize the Iranian threat to....America!

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
3. Americans are leaving $24 billion in unclaimed 401(k) matches on the table

Free money and they're too fucking stupid to take it.  Gotta get a new truck/SUV every three years instead.

Posted by M.I.Fuct
Unregistered

48 yo
220K in my 401K
live on half of my income  (4K per month takehome)

Posted by .
Unregistered

M.I.Fuct said: 48 yo
220K in my 401K

Yes, at your age you should have at least 800k banked.

Posted by .
Unregistered

220K in my 401K

­

you are poor.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Why bother saving ? he government will take it all when the shtf. Sometimes I think welfare bumbs are smarter than me.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Why bother saving ? he government will take it all when the shtf. Sometimes I think welfare bumbs are smarter than me.

­

saving is utterly useless, as you can never save enough to beat the inflation on education, health care, and other big ticket items that have guaranteed 10% yearly increase.

Posted by .
Unregistered

220K in my 401K

­Broke ass loser
\
:emma:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Why bother saving ? he government will take it all when the shtf. Sometimes I think welfare bumbs are smarter than me.

Stop crying and get back on that treadmill, :dumbass:.

Posted by M.I.Fuct
Unregistered

. said:
220K in my 401K

­
I got a late start in earning money.  At age 37 my debt net worth was -60K and now is about 400K if I include my collectibles.  I live in a cheap part of the Midwest.  If I stick it out here I should be OK

Posted by .
Unregistered

M.I.Fuct said:
. said:
220K in my 401K

­
I got a late start in earning money.  At age 37 my debt net worth was -60K and now is about 400K if I include my collectibles.  I live in a cheap part of the Midwest.  If I stick it out here I should be OK

Are you kidding? You should KSFB. You are FUCKED.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
M.I.Fuct said:
. said:

­

Are you kidding? You should KSFB. You are FUCKED.

age?

Posted by .Heterosexual Hal
Unregistered

220K in my 401K

If you continue on at that pace and don't even save anymore than what you are saving today you will be 63 with $1,150,000 in the bank so you should be able to easily retire on that amount so long as you have SS and Medicaid.  You will be able to withdraw at least $40,000 per year plus SS with expenses of only $24,000 per year.  You are doing fine.  If life changes and your expenses increase, of course you will have to work past 63 so make sure you maintain your health for the next 15 years. 

To the people saying he is poor as fuck.....he is not the wealthiest person in the world but is far from poor as he will be able to afford a comfortable retirement for sure in 15 years, and possibly in 10 years with some modifications to his plan.

Posted by .
Unregistered

M.I.Fuct said:
­

­
Your Star Wars figures are not worth as much as you think.

:moreyouknow:

Posted by .
Unregistered

M.I.Fuct said:
­

Are you the 40 year old virgin? :lol:

Posted by .
Unregistered

.Heterosexual Hal said:

63 with $1,150,000 in the bank 

­
At that age you are too old to enjoy the money. Your primary challenge will be to keep from dying. The bulk of the money will go to doctors, hospitals, drug companies and insurance companies.

I'm not kidding.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­

saving is utterly useless, as you can never save enough to beat the inflation on education, health care, and other big ticket items that have guaranteed 10% yearly increase.

:lol:  Most retired people don't have big education expenses, nor should they be buying new homes or other big ticket items.  

Health care expense, yes... unless you're a poorfag you'll want supplemental insurance beyond Medicare.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­
At that age you are too old to enjoy the money. Your primary challenge will be to keep from dying. The bulk of the money will go to doctors, hospitals, drug companies and insurance companies.

I'm not kidding.

­
:potd:

Changoolaal

Posted by .
Unregistered

43 years old.   $130,000 annual income.

$516,000 in my 401(k)
$300,000 in stocks and cash
$450,000 in home equity

I still feel poor, though.    When I go on vacation, I have to limit AirBnb rentals to $300/night or less.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
M.I.Fuct said:
­

­
Your Star Wars figures are not worth as much as you think.

:moreyouknow:

His Star Wars figures aren't even worth as much as you think! :lol:

Posted by M.I.Fuct
Unregistered

. said:
 M.I.Fuct said:
­

Are you the 40 year old virgin? :lol:

­
I had one girlfriend in life and could have been married.  Life was messed up by sleep apnea.

I see my greatest asset in my parsimony.  I don't have cable, pets, or drug habits.  I sell on eBay and have numerous options for earning money.

Posted by .
Unregistered

M.I.Fuct said:
­

You'll be fine just don't live beyond your means and try to stay healthy.

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.