Topic: How accurate is the depiction of boot camp in Full Metal Jacket?
Posted by .
Unregistered


Are drill sergeants that sadistic?

And are jelly donuts forbidden in the barracks?


Posted by .
Unregistered


That was a long time ago.

Geedunk is still verboten in the barracks.


Posted by .
Unregistered


1960's Parris Island that was the way it was.

Not today.  Political correctness, no cussing, they let them run in Nikes because combat boots hurt their feet, and a lot of other cunt shit like that.  Most sign up for the benefits and not the mission.


Posted by .
Unregistered


Why would anyone give up their life fighting for a zionist occupied government?


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said: Why would anyone give up their life fighting for a zionist occupied government?

:potd:


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said:
. said: Why would anyone give up their life fighting for a zionist occupied government?

:potd:

­

This is also the reason why the libbies don't want walls at the borders so that they can flee to Canada when Selective Service THE DRAFT for WWIII happens.


Posted by .
Unregistered


since the mid 80s boot camp is worth it. Off duty Women everywhere in the rec hall drinking beer and shooting pool, horny for all the fit guys. Loved it.


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said: Are drill sergeants that sadistic?

And are jelly donuts forbidden in the barracks?

­
Yes.

Only for fatties.


Posted by .
Unregistered


I worked with a Vietnam Vet marine. He said they would have weeded out Private Pyle on the first day.


Posted by .
Unregistered


Do drill sergeants hate the new recruits or is it just psychological warfare?


Posted by .
Unregistered


marines have said it was accurate but they can't hit you.

Rules were changed due to FMJ movie (according to Wikipedia)


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said: Are drill sergeants that sadistic?

And are jelly donuts forbidden in the barracks?

­
USN here and I went through basic in 1972. So I don't know the USMC enough but........

They weren't allowed to hit recruits or use the word african. But verbal abuse, especially being called faggots was common. 
Food was never allowed outside the galley. 
Their job was to tear down recruits and build them into a team unit.
Marines relied on some draftees but pride themselves on being nearly all volunteer.


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said: Do drill sergeants hate the new recruits or is it just psychological warfare?

­
Pscyhological warfare. You can't do anything right. You will get fired from some sort of basic training positions (example, Private Snowball got fired for no reason, Private Joker promoted)

DI's, Company Commanders or whatever they call them in Air Force or Army do not want you to fail. By about the 5th week, they let up a lot and starting treating you as human. 

A good movie to watch about USMC basic is a movie called "Tribes". It doesn't have the filthy language because it was a TV movie but Jarhead vets like a lot.


Posted by .
Unregistered


The reason that boot camp exists is that our society has to train 18 year olds to run to the sound of gunfire and perform under fire and the threat of death.


The fundamental purpose of boot camp, to prepare young people to become warriors and, perhaps, to put themselves into situations and locations where they could become injured or even lose their lives, defies all personal “logic” and goes against all human instinct. For this reason, it takes one of the most intensive acts of psychological reprogramming (boot camp) to overcome the society driven desires for self-preservation and self-satisfaction that are the hallmarks of peaceful societies built on the virtues of democracies and liberalism.


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said: The reason that boot camp exists is that our society has to train 18 year olds to run to the sound of gunfire and perform under fire and the threat of death.


The fundamental purpose of boot camp, to prepare young people to become warriors and, perhaps, to put themselves into situations and locations where they could become injured or even lose their lives, defies all personal “logic” and goes against all human instinct. For this reason, it takes one of the most intensive acts of psychological reprogramming (boot camp) to overcome the society driven desires for self-preservation and self-satisfaction that are the hallmarks of peaceful societies built on the virtues of democracies and liberalism.

Very insightful and poetic. Thank you!


Posted by .
Unregistered


Basic traning has a powerful effect on young men.

You wouldn't know it unless you have experience with it but it builds your confidence to an extraordinary degree. You will feel superman almost ready to charge machine gun nests etc.

It works well and the military knows what it is doing. Young soldiers/marines are a little cracy after basic training.


Posted by PRIVATE_PARTZ
Unregistered


It was very accurate, as per my recollection, although there’s no way Pyle could have brought live rounds back to the squad bay from the rifle range, where ammo control was total.

Pyle’s blanket party (where they beat him up in his rack) also seemed a bit far-fetched, although we heard it had happened in recruit platoons other than ours. The rest of what was depicted about boot camp in the movie, which came out just a couple of years after I served in the USMC, was absolutely spot on. I give Kubrick a lot of credit for getting it right.


Posted by .Homosexual Hal
Unregistered


. said: Why would anyone give up their life fighting for a zionist occupied government?

­
:erection:


Posted by SERGEANT_FURY
Unregistered


. said: I worked with a Vietnam Vet marine. He said they would have weeded out Private Pyle on the first day.

­Not necessarily. Dropouts were embarrassing for drill instructors and platoon commanders. They’d have sent him to Motivation (a punishment section) and/or the fat farm (for weight loss and conditioning) before giving up and washing him out. I saw guys more fucked up than Pyle make it through USMC boot camp while I was there.


Posted by .
Unregistered


SERGEANT_FURY said:
­Not necessarily. Dropouts were embarrassing for drill instructors and platoon commanders. They’d have sent him to Motivation (a punishment section) and/or the fat farm (for weight loss and conditioning) before giving up and washing him out. I saw guys more fucked up than Pyle make it through USMC boot camp while I was there.

Were you there during the Vietnam War?


Posted by .
Unregistered


Why would anyone want to be a drill instructor?


Posted by Deer John
Unregistered


Reminder:  Suicide rates have been steadily going up amongst both enslisted and discharged serviceman.  Whether it be PTSD or spousal / significant other adultery or unfaithfulness


Posted by SERGEANT_FURY
Unregistered


. said:
SERGEANT_FURY said:
­Not necessarily. Dropouts were embarrassing for drill instructors and platoon commanders. They’d have sent him to Motivation (a punishment section) and/or the fat farm (for weight loss and conditioning) before giving up and washing him out. I saw guys more fucked up than Pyle make it through USMC boot camp while I was there.

Were you there during the Vietnam War?

­The war was still on when I enlisted, but most of the Marines were being withdrawn from Vietnam by then. I was deployed to Asia, but not to the ‘Nam.


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said:
Why would anyone give up their life fighting for a zionist occupied government?

­
For teh reacharounds?


Posted by .
Unregistered


Back before the PC bullshit was implemented, drill sergeants would meet new recruits departing the recruiting bus and immediately tear into them with "your momma is a whore and you are a maggot, you got that maggot? Give me fifty, maggot!, I can't hear you maggot!, etc." Now, the drill sergeant meets the recruits with cookies, warm milk, and a hand shake. Liberals have virtually destroyed our military with their social engineering bullshit. :sad:



Quick Reply
Moniker:
 

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.

Log In | Register | Close