Topic: Sick of having to deal with fags (and now trannies), the Navy orders unmanned submarines.
Posted by .
Unregistered

The Navy Just Ordered the 'Orca,' an Extra-Large Unmanned Submarine by Boeing

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/navy-ships/a26344025/navy-extra-large-unmanned-submarines-boeing/

The U.S. Navy has awarded a contract to Boeing for four Extra-Large Unmanned Underwater Vehicles (XLUUVs). In other words: giant drone subs.

The unmanned submarines, called Orcas, will be able to undertake missions from scouting to sinking ships at very long ranges. Drone ships like the Orca will revolutionize war at sea, providing inexpensive, semi-disposable weapon systems that can fill the gaps in the front line—or simply go where it’s too dangerous for manned ships to go.

The contract, announced today, stipulates Boeing will get $43 million for “fabrication, test, and delivery of four Orca Extra Large Unmanned Undersea Vehicles (XLUUVs) and associated support elements.” That’s just over ten million bucks per boat.

The Orca is based on the Echo Voyager technology demonstration sub. That boat is an unmanned diesel electric submarine launched and recovered from a pier. It has a range of 6,500 nautical miles and can run completely alone for months at a time. It measures 51 by 8.5 by 8.5 feet and has a weight “in the air” of 50 tons.

Posted by death2me
Reminder: U=U

Living on a submarine is rather unpleasant and dangerous.

Posted by .
Unregistered

death2me said: Living on a submarine is rather unpleasant and dangerous.

­
I did it for 2 years.

Never
Again
Volunteer
Yourself

Posted by .
Unregistered

Useless waste of money. Put the money back into the SSI fund where it was stolen from.

Posted by .
Unregistered

runs the same OS as Boeing 737 max

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.