Topic: Does having a high credit score help anywhere in life?
Posted by .
Unregistered

I have a FICO score of 802 which is an exceptional credit rating.

Where will this help? Where do they check your credit score?

So far I've come up with the following:

1. When applying to rent an apartment

2. When applying for financing a car or home.

Anywhere else?

Posted by .Grindr
Unregistered

Name!

Posted by .
Unregistered

Not really, it’s important, sure, but having proven and reliable income is the most important thing. With your score (buying a house), you’d get a better rate than someone w/ a 700. Buying a car is harder than buying a house, atleast that been my experience. When financing anything, DTI is the biggest factor in qualification.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Credit scores are for the peasants.
\
:snob:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: I have a FICO score of 802 which is an exceptional credit rating.

Where will this help? Where do they check your credit score?

So far I've come up with the following:

1. When applying to rent an apartment

2. When applying for financing a car or home.

Anywhere else?

Posted by .
Unregistered

Your insurance rates. Auto and Homeowners. Your auto insurance company assigns you a number based on what a third party rating company gathers from the major credit bureaus.

The one my insurance company uses is called Lexis Nexis, believe it or not. I told them it sounds like a stripper's name.

Posted by .OP
Unregistered

. said: Not really, it’s important, sure, but having proven and reliable income is the most important thing.  With your score (buying a house), you’d get a better rate than someone w/ a 700.  Buying a car is harder than buying a house, atleast that been my experience.  When financing anything, DTI is the biggest factor in qualification.

­
Thanks, that's useful info. What does DTI mean? Income?

Also glad buying a car is harder than buying a house because I only plan on buying a car, not a home.

I've realized that renting an apartment is the way to go because when you buy a home, you have to pay monthly mortgage interest fees (built into your monthly mortgage payment so you don't even realize it), HOA fees, property taxes, maintenance fees etc. Plus you can't move if you're offered a job elsewhere. Definitely not smart to buy a home.

Posted by .
Unregistered

It's shocking how many people get into your business. Fuckers.

Posted by .OP
Unregistered

. said: Your insurance rates. Auto and Homeowners. Your auto insurance company assigns you a number based on what a third party rating company gathers from the major credit bureaus.

The one my insurance company uses is called Lexis Nexis, believe it or not. I told them it sounds like a stripper's name.

­
I didn't even think of insurance rates. No wonder my 6 month car insurance premium is only $247!

Posted by .
Unregistered

.OP said:
­

Also glad buying a car is harder than buying a house because I only plan on buying a car, not a home.

I've realized that renting an apartment is the way to go because when you buy a home, you have to pay monthly mortgage interest fees (built into your monthly mortgage payment so you don't even realize it), HOA fees, property taxes, maintenance fees etc. Plus you can't move if you're offered a job elsewhere. Definitely not smart to buy a home.
\
:bluebunny:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: It's shocking how many people get into your business. Fuckers.

Even more shocking is that people allow it to happen.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:

­I hate to break it to you but if you do almost anything it's in the fine print you agree to.

I opt out anytime possible - but say for insurance, you can't. Banking is the same way. Credit cards too.

I requested a report from my insurance company, and then from the reporting company out of curiosity. They reported a fucking cash advance from 10 years ago when I was traveling and needed some cash! Guess what I got in the mail. A report on some other poor guy. His PI, his several policy numbers and vehicles with VINs, and such. I called and bitched and got a sheboon that said this happens all the time. So go figure.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
. said:

­I hate to break it to you but if you do almost anything it's in the fine print you agree to.

I opt out anytime possible - but say for insurance, you can't. Banking is the same way. Credit cards too.

I requested a report from my insurance company, and then from the reporting company out of curiosity. They reported a fucking cash advance from 10 years ago when I was traveling and needed some cash! Guess what I got in the mail. A report on some other poor guy. His PI, his several policy numbers and vehicles with VINs, and such. I called and bitched and got a sheboon that said this happens all the time. So go figure.

I hate to break it to you, but people have a vote, and they can vote not to allow their information to be collected and sold to the highest bidder. The fine print is there because Americans allow it to be there.

Posted by .
Unregistered

you can get electricity and heat turned on without paying a deposit.

Good credit makes life easier.  I wish they had more info like my history of paying rent on time and my high eBay rating.

Posted by teapots.nli
Unregistered

. said:
I hate to break it to you, but people have a vote, and they can vote not to allow their information to be collected and sold to the highest bidder. The fine print is there because Americans allow it to be there.

:potd:

Posted by .
Unregistered

Some hookers now ask for credit scores.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Some hookers now ask for credit scores.

­
:potd: :lol:

Posted by .
Unregistered

.OP said:
­

­
DTI refers to your debt to income ratio.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
.OP said:
­

­
DTI refers to your debt to income ratio.

­
Thanks. What if you have zero debt but a low income?

Posted by .
Unregistered

.OP said:
­

­Ewww! Yuo are poor!
   \
:emma:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
.OP said:
­

­Ewww! Yuo are poor!
   \
:emma:

­
Sweetie, lemme suck your cock for cash so I can become rich like yuo! Deal?

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­
Sweetie, lemme suck your cock for cash so I can become rich like yuo! Deal?

­No.Deal.No.How.No.Way.

No homo!

Posted by Original_Lonley_Guy_

There's two main uses of a good FICO score:
1) Good rates on home loans
and
2) Access to a bunch of $300-$500 promos to sign up for various credit cards every year.

Since most of us are not needing home loans offer, you should be using your good score to get at least $2000 free cash per year.

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.