Topic: Akins, any good geocaches near your house????
Posted by .
Unregistered


This is the one closest to your house. Is this a good one to get????

http://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC4GQ68

Geocache Description:

Gardner's Gin Road...bumpy bumpy bumpy. 
And another sad empty old bingo building.
This Road will lead all the way to the heart of Cordova.


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said: This is the one closest to your house. Is this a good one to get????

http://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC4GQ68

Geocache Description:

Gardner's Gin Road...bumpy bumpy bumpy. 
And another sad empty old bingo building.
This Road will lead all the way to the heart of Cordova.

:faggot:


Posted by Akins
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)


I don't know what a geo-catcher is.

I've heard of them, but never was curious enough to look up anything about them to find out what it is.


Posted by .
Unregistered


A hobby that families often do together and you call it a faggot hobby?

Sounds like you are a closeted homo.


Posted by Akins
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)


. said: A hobby that families often do together and you call it a faggot hobby?

Sounds like you are a closeted homo.

­So what is geo-catching? Is it trying to locate some sort of signaling device or something?


Posted by .
Unregistered


Akins said: I don't know what a geo-catcher is.

I've heard of them, but never was curious enough to look up anything about them to find out what it is.

­
They look for items placed using a GPS unit. A scavenger hunt game, and it's real popular with families, as my daughter enjoys finding them with me. You can sign the log or exchange items out of a geocache. 

Your children would probably like the game, heck even you might like it.


Posted by .
Unregistered


Akins said:
­So what is geo-catching? Is it trying to locate some sort of signaling device or something?

Geocaching, you imbecile.


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said:
­
They look for items placed using a GPS unit. A scavenger hunt game, and it's real popular with families, as my daughter enjoys finding them with me. You can sign the log or exchange items out of a geocache. 

Your children would probably like the game, heck even you might like it.

Distractions for dummies.


Posted by .
Unregistered


image


Posted by .
Unregistered


Great, Akins is going to go out and steal it now.


Posted by .
Unregistered


Great, Akins is going to go out and steal it now.


Posted by Akins
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)


. said:
Akins said: I don't know what a geo-catcher is.

I've heard of them, but never was curious enough to look up anything about them to find out what it is.

­
They look for items placed using a GPS unit. A scavenger hunt game, and it's real popular with families, as my daughter enjoys finding them with me. You can sign the log or exchange items out of a geocache. 

Your children would probably like the game, heck even you might like it.

­I had a book called Masquerade when I was a child that a British artist named Kit Williams had published, it was beautifully illustrated and the text was a riddle. It contained clues which, if deciphered correctly, were supposed to lead you to a treasure that the artist had hidden somewhere in Britain:

image


Posted by .
Unregistered


Geocaching is very similar to orienteering, which uses clues and such to find items of interest. While most geocaches are lame as shit, there are some really good ones out there that will take you to unique places or find unique things. 

Go find this one Steve, let me know you what you think.


Posted by Akins
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)


undefined said:
. said: image


My great grandfather used to own that corner and ran a store there. It's not too far from where I live, within walking distance if you like long walks.


Posted by .
Unregistered


That actually does sound fun.


Posted by Akins
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)


. said: Geocaching is very similar to orienteering, which uses clues and such to find items of interest. While most geocaches are lame as shit, there are some really good ones out there that will take you to unique places or find unique things. 

Go find this one Steve, let me know you what you think.

­If the white marker symbol in that photo is the location, it's probably in the base of the old American Oil Company sign that stands next to the old store. That's about where the sign is on the photo:


[quote defaultattr=]image[/quote]


Posted by .
Unregistered


Yes, it is where the geocache should be. The hint is small tan colored, film canister size. If you find it, you will see a log in it of previous finders.


Posted by Akins
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)


Here's where your geocache thingamabob is probably located:

image


Posted by .
Unregistered


Akins said:
My great grandfather used to own that corner and ran a store there. It's not too far from where I live, within walking distance if you like long walks.

That must suck with your short legs.


Posted by Akins
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)


. said: Yes, it is where the geocache should be. The hint is small tan colored, film canister size. If you find it, you will see a log in it of previous finders.

­I'll see if my oldest son wants to go look for it tomorrow. He likes stuff like that.


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said: Yes, it is where the geocache should be. The hint is small tan colored, film canister size. If you find it, you will see a log in it of previous finders.

No thanks. I don't think opening some hidden unit with logs from past visitors sounds very appealing. I don't want to observe other people's shit.


Posted by Akins
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)


. said:
Akins said:
My great grandfather used to own that corner and ran a store there. It's not too far from where I live, within walking distance if you like long walks.

That must suck with your short legs.

­Flat feet have always been my problem, though I used to walk a lot before my kids were born. After they started coming along I slowed down a lot.


Posted by .
Unregistered


It would be fun to booby-trap.


Posted by .
Unregistered


Akins said:
­Flat feet have always been my problem, though I used to walk a lot before my kids were born. After they started coming along I slowed down a lot.

Flat from all that weight, fatty.


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said:
. said: Yes, it is where the geocache should be. The hint is small tan colored, film canister size. If you find it, you will see a log in it of previous finders.

No thanks. I don't think opening some hidden unit with logs from past visitors sounds very appealing. I don't want to observe other people's shit.

Yeah and when you finally get there it'll probably say stupid shit like "Amy wuz here!" or "Sally loves Donald" or "We found it! How cool! Hi!"  Fucking stupid.



Quick Reply
Moniker:
 

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.

Log In | Register | Close