Topic: Properly seasoning a steak.
Posted by Akins
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

. said:
Akins said:
­Only ghouls like the taste of blood.

Only weaklings fear it.

­It's not a matter of fear, its a matter of disgust and loathing.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Akins said:

Based on fear.

Posted by .
Unregistered

I don't like it bloody, just not fully cooked through brown. If you ask for medium, it's never been bloody for me.

Posted by Akins
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

. said: I don't like it bloody, just not fully cooked through brown. If you ask for medium, it's never been bloody for me.

­If it's pink it isn't done.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Akins said:
­If it's pink it isn't juicy.

FIFY

Posted by Akins
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

. said:
Akins said:

Based on fear.

­No, it's based on the simple fact that certain substances such as blood, internal organs, eggs, mold, fungus, the flesh of aquatic creatures, etc. trigger the gag-reflexes of normal people.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Akins said:
­No, it's based on the simple fact that certain substances such as blood, internal organs, eggs, mold, fungus, etc. trigger the gag-reflexes of weak people.

FIFY

Posted by .
Unregistered

Akins said:
­If it's pink it isn't done.

:lol:  I will always want my hamburger fully cooked but a quality piece of steak can get dried out and ruined if cooked too long.

Posted by Akins
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

. said:
Akins said:
­No, it's based on the simple fact that certain substances such as blood, internal organs, eggs, mold, fungus, etc. trigger the gag-reflexes of weak people.

FIFY

­Everyone knows that swine aren't particular - they will eat anything.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Akins said:
­No, it's based on the simple fact that certain substances such as blood, internal organs, eggs, mold, fungus, the flesh of aquatic creatures, etc. trigger the gag-reflexes of normal people.

:fish:

Posted by .
Unregistered

Akins said:
­Everyone knows that swine aren't particular - they will eat anything.

If you say so.....PORKY.

Posted by Akins
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

. said:
Akins said:

:fish:

­Nothing that lives in water is wholesome or appetizing.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Akins said:
­Nothing that lives in water is wholesome or appetizing.

You like African trouser trout.

Posted by Original_Lonley_Guy_

. said:

MSG or not, Montreal steak seasoning is the shit.

­
See, that's what you THINK. But it is actually the MSG you like. I have seen this again and again. You will not find a seasoning blend with rave reviews that does not (secretly) contain MSG.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Original_Lonley_Guy_ said:
­
See, that's what you THINK. But it is actually the MSG you like. I have seen this again and again. You will not find a seasoning blend with rave reviews that does not (secretly) contain MSG.

It's McCormick Grill Mates, Montreal seasoning. Does it have MSG? (don't know that the label will say "msg.")

Posted by .
Unregistered

­

The "steaks" you like have much worse things in them than MSG.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
The "steaks" you like have much worse things in them than MSG.

I'm not a huge red meat connoisseur, I mostly have it at fancy steakhouses. When I do though, I want it cooked properly.

Posted by Original_Lonley_Guy_

. said:
­

It's McCormick Grill Mates, Montreal seasoning. Does it have MSG? (don't know that the label will say "msg.")

­
Seems likely:

Coarse Salt, Spices (Including Black Pepper And Red Pepper), Garlic, Sunflower Oil, Natural Flavor, And Extractives Of Paprika.

The "Natural Flavor" could be hiding it. Allow me to OCD a little:

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cdrh/cfdocs/cfcfr/cfrsearch.cfm?fr=501.22

(3) The term natural flavor or natural flavoring means the essential oil, oleoresin, essence or extractive, protein hydrolysate, distillate, or any product of roasting, heating or enzymolysis, which contains the flavoring constituents derived from a spice, fruit or fruit juice, vegetable or vegetable juice, edible yeast, herb, bark, bud, root, leaf or similar plant material, meat, seafood, poultry, eggs, dairy products, or fermentation products thereof, whose significant function in food is flavoring rather than nutritional. Natural flavors, include the natural essence or extractives obtained from plants listed in subpart A of part 582 of this chapter, and the substances listed in 172.510 of this chapter.

I've bolded things that can contain glutamic acid. Seems likely it is mainly a pepper/salt/garlic/MSG mix.

http://www.truthinlabeling.org/nomsg.html?utm_source=buffer&utm_campaign=Buffer_c

Posted by .
Unregistered

I'm not quite convinced of your analogy. It doesn't specifically say it carries that ingredient and out of all the "natural flavored," ingredients there were only 2 possible. :hmmm:

Posted by Mascara
Reverb Queen

­
Seems likely:

Coarse Salt, Spices (Including Black Pepper And Red Pepper), Garlic, Sunflower Oil, Natural Flavor, And Extractives Of Paprika.

The "Natural Flavor" could be hiding it.  Allow me to OCD a little:

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cdrh/cfdocs/cfcfr/cfrsearch.cfm?fr=501.22

(3) The term natural flavor or natural flavoring means the essential oil, oleoresin, essence or extractive, protein hydrolysate, distillate, or any product of roasting, heating or enzymolysis, which contains the flavoring constituents derived from a spice, fruit or fruit juice, vegetable or vegetable juice, edible yeast, herb, bark, bud, root, leaf or similar plant material, meat, seafood, poultry, eggs, dairy products, or fermentation products thereof, whose significant function in food is flavoring rather than nutritional. Natural flavors, include the natural essence or extractives obtained from plants listed in subpart A of part 582 of this chapter, and the substances listed in 172.510 of this chapter.

I've bolded things that can contain glutamic acid. Seems likely it is mainly a pepper/salt/garlic/MSG mix.

http://www.truthinlabeling.org/nomsg.html?utm_source=buffer&utm_campaign=Buffer_c

­
Hey, how are you feeling?

:wave:
In Brazil they use a lot of Sazon - not the Goya stuff but Sazon Ajinimoto - it's loaded with MSG.  They have a ton of different flavors for beef and fish and beans and poultry.  I brought a bunch of it home and the only one I like is the one that makes salad dressing.  They have it at Brazilian stores - if you see it definitely worth a try.

I'm pretty sure they use a lot of MSG in the restaurant food because it's got a salty taste and all you want to do is drink water when you are there.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: I'm not quite convinced of your analogy. It doesn't specifically say it carries that ingredient and out of all the "natural flavored," ingredients there were only 2 possible. :hmmm:

Which one of those is cheap and makes anything taste good?

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.