Topic: I don’t understand suicide-isn’t life better than nothingness?
Posted by .
Unregistered

Someone like Cobain could have quit music and disappeared. He has been dead almost ast long as he lived.

Posted by Original_Lonley_Guy_

. said: Someone like Cobain could have quit music and disappeared. He has been dead almost ast long as he lived.

­
Rephrase your statement and things will make more sense: "I don't understand hopelessness and the pain of depression. I experience hope, doesn't everyone?"

The key is that the hopelessness and pain of depression is almost never understandable by non-depressed people. You can look at depression as either very broken thought patterns leading to the feeling that there is no hope - or you can look at it as depressed people see life too clearly, they don't have the rose colored "hope" glasses that normal people have.

Anyway, from the point of view of a suicidally depressed person, life is excruciating and they want to stop existing.

Fortunately, there are treatments that can restore the "rose colored glasses" but for some people it takes a lot of effort to find it. Cobain would have had to agree to refrain from taking heroin while aggressively treating his depression to give him a chance to survive. He did not.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Original_Lonley_Guy_ said:
. said: Someone like Cobain could have quit music and disappeared.  He has been dead almost ast long as he lived.

­
Rephrase your statement and things will make more sense: "I don't understand hopelessness and the pain of depression. I experience hope, doesn't everyone?"

The key is that the hopelessness and pain of depression is almost never understandable by non-depressed people. You can look at depression as either very broken thought patterns leading to the feeling that there is no hope - or you can look at it as depressed people see life too clearly, they don't have the rose colored "hope" glasses that normal people have.

Anyway, from the point of view of a suicidally depressed person, life is excruciating and they want to stop existing.

Fortunately, there are treatments that can restore the "rose colored glasses" but for some people it takes a lot of effort to find it. Cobain would have had to agree to refrain from taking heroin while aggressively treating his depression to give him a chance to survive. He did not.

Do the board a favor and BAN Death2Me.  It's bad enough we have to listen to Cole Mankey's idiotic Katalyst tag with the moronically pointless D2M as well.

TIA.
/
:oldlady:

Posted by .
Unregistered

Google vitamin D cures depression.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Google vitamin D cures depression.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/vitamin-d-deficiency-symptoms#section4

Posted by death2me
Dumb, worthless failure.

Life involves a lot of suffering, so nothingness is obviously better.

What’s wrong with everyone else? Why can’t they see this?

Posted by life.2.all
Unregistered

death2me said: Life involves a lot of suffering, so nothingness is obviously better.

What’s wrong with everyone else? Why can’t they see this?

­
When you bleed, you truly know you are alive.

Everything in life isn't comfort.  When a mother gives birth, she endures pain, but experiences great joy immediately afterwards.

Although since you are gay, I guess I have to make a parallel.  The first time someone busts your anal cherry, it is uncomfortable but eventually your sphincter gets more flexible and you begin to enjoy it.

So a little suffering makes for more joy!    :flaming:

Posted by death2me
Dumb, worthless failure.

life.2.all said:
­
When you bleed, you truly know you are alive.

Everything in life isn't comfort.  When a mother gives birth, she endures pain, but experiences great joy immediately afterwards.

Although since you are gay, I guess I have to make a parallel.  The first time someone busts your anal cherry, it is uncomfortable but eventually your sphincter gets more flexible and you begin to enjoy it.

So a little suffering makes for more joy!    :flaming:

­
Such temporary joys do not justify the suffering that is life.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Planet is running out of Oxygen. Add Global Warming to that equation.

Suicide reduces need for Oxygen and Suicide reduces Global Warming

Suicide is GOOD!

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Planet is running out of Oxygen. Add Global Warming to that equation.

Suicide reduces need for Oxygen and Suicide reduces Global Warming

Suicide is GOOD!

­
Malthus and Global Warming have both been disproven so many times, that your absolute ignorance is incredible.

The Planet isn't running out of Oxygen.  Guess what loves C02?  Plants.  Plants are growing at unprecedented rates and gobbling up all this C02.

When the Dinosaurs were around, there was 30x as much C02 in the atmosphere as there is  at present.

Also, the atmosphere is MOSTLY methane anyway.  70%.  So I'm sorry you are such a retard.

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.