Topic: Wow. If you like tart apples, "Pink Lady" apples are awesome right now!
Posted by Akins
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

. said: Your grandpaw was a good man.

Are you sure he wasn't jew-selling, buying a bushel of apples for 2 bucks, then fleecing the old shut-in people by demanding 25 cents each?

­Do Jews deliver?

He loved to garden. When I was growing up, he always had a huge vegetable garden - potatoes, tomatoes, corn, beans, peas, okra, squash, turnips  - always grew more than he and my grandmother needed. What they couldn't use or can for later, he would take around to elderly folks to see if they  could use it. Most of them were old widow women who couldn't drive and lived too far to walk to the store. He would always ask them if there was anything else that they wanted or needed, and if they wanted something he didn't grow himself, he's go to the farmer's market once or twice a month and buy baskets or boxes of things like apples, oranges, peaches, etc. They would pay him for them, but I don't think he ever made any money off of it - if he did, he would give it away as tithes to the church, or to someone in need.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Akins said:
­Do Jews deliver?

He loved to garden. When I was growing up, he always had a huge vegetable garden - potatoes, tomatoes, corn, beans, peas, okra, squash, turnips  - always grew more than he and my grandmother needed. What they couldn't use or can for later, he would take around to elderly folks to see if they  could use it. Most of them were old widow women who couldn't drive and lived too far to walk to the store. He would always ask them if there was anything else that they wanted or needed, and if they wanted something he didn't grow himself, he's go to the farmer's market once or twice a month and buy baskets or boxes of things like apples, oranges, peaches, etc. They would pay him for them, but I don't think he ever made any money off of it - if he did, he would give it away as tithes to the church, or to someone in need.

Meanwhile, you do nothing but screech about Jews.

Posted by Original_Lonley_Guy_

My poor, lovely apple thread. Akinized. :cry:

Posted by Akins
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

. said:
Akins said:
­Do Jews deliver?

Meanwhile, you do nothing but screech about Jews.

­He knew about Jews and wasn't averse to telling it like it is about them or niggrs (he used the N-word), but he didn't hate them as a race, he thought there was good and bad in every group - which is true - he had empathy for others, which I tend to lack. He was a Christian - I'm not.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Akins said: Mrs. Smith's Dutch apple crumb pie or  GTFO:

Fresh raw apples :thumbdown:

­

just GTFO

Posted by Original_Lonley_Guy_

I bought 4 more pink lady apples from my favorite source. They are just so damn good -- I do not mind paying $1.75 an apple, and will continue to do so.

Safeway, that piece of shit store, doesn't have them anymore. I really have grown to hate safeway. :mad:

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.