Topic: I'm really discouraged by the current direction of technology.
Posted by .
Unregistered

Technology will eventually dispose of the human animal. As humanity deserves

Posted by .
Unregistered

Original_Lonley_Guy_ said:
­
Don't insult me, jackass. Just like regulation has protected consumers from tech advances in the past it will do so in the future.

In the end the corporatists won't be able to do whatever the fuck they want.

And if you are one of those paranoid "the government wants to kill me" types, theres nothing I can say to you.

The government doesn't want to kill us. It wants to keep us alive as long as possible so we can continue to work for it and so it can continue to tax us. A government which kills its pawns cannot exploit them.

Posted by .
Unregistered

The start-up culture of Silicon Valley is definitely gone. There aren't any new ideas anymore, just the same thing done a million different ways in hopes to be bought by Google or Facebook.

There has been a profound shift from hardware and consumer companies to ambiguous 'cloud service' companies as well. All the hardware got commoditized and moved to China.

It seems like the broader tech market has reached saturation.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Technology will eventually dispose of the human animal. As humanity deserves

Yeah, Steven Hawking recently warned about that.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: There's a lot of innovation going on right now, it's just that most of it is out of reach of the layman's understanding unless he's willing to put in the effort.

Elaborate.

Posted by .
Unregistered

More huge layoffs coming to tech soon. Bigger than the previous implosions.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: More huge layoffs coming to tech soon. Bigger than the previous implosions.

Once Google runs out of ad clicks.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
Elaborate.

­
Quantum computing

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
. said:
Thats what the government is doing to the people. There not watching our enemies they are watching us.

There
\
:winner:

What a fool you are. What do you think the NSA does?

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.