Topic: I tired one of those push button micorwaves, what a hassle, went back to rotary dial.
Posted by Original_Lonley_Guy_

. said:
Original_Lonley_Guy_ said:
­
Yes, I push it 10 times. The first push starts it on high and the rest add time.

:lol:

­
Hey, no thinking involved! I can relate to the OP. Sometimes you just want to heat up a fucking can of soup. 8 fucking pushes.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Wouldn't it be easier to push 

8 then START?

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: I have an 1100 watt 2.0 ft^3 GE Profile with a vent-hood that I installed over the Jenn Air gas grill, and that was in 2003.

Thing still works perfectly.

­
^^
Autistic post that has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

:facepalm:

­

It does unless you want to discount the tard that said all GE microwaves self-destruct in a year or two.

. said: Wouldn't it be easier to push 

8 then START?

­
On almost all microwaves, that gives you 8 seconds.

. said:
­

It does unless you want to discount the tard that said all GE microwaves self-destruct in a year or two.

­
That was me who said it and it was true. Take the autism over to Cole Mankey's board.

Posted by .
Unregistered

­
On almost all microwaves, that gives you 8 seconds.

Sorry, 800. I know it's hard.

Posted by .
Unregistered

­
That was me who said it and it was true. Take the autism over to Cole Mankey's board.

Hams is not Cole Mankey. That was a false flag.

. said:
Hams is not Cole Mankey. That was a false flag.

­
Why was that name banned from the board from the very beginning?

Posted by .
Unregistered

To divert attention.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Okay, so I just heated up a plate of spaghetti. Had to push the button 3 times to get the power level I wanted paying attention it was the right one. then I hit 4 more buttons to set the time paying attention that I put in the right amount of time, then hit start. 8 buttons pushed so far and having to pay attention the whole time, if a mistake is made starting over again. Ding, the spaghetti is not hot enough,  have to do it all over again  so now 16 buttons pushed having to pay close attention to keep from making mistakes. Just t =o heat a plate of spaghetti.

. said: To divert attention.

­
No, I believe that SOMEONE is named that over there. Maybe not Hans. They blocked that name before there was any drama.

On the other hand, it IS awfully close to "CODE MONKEY". :shrug:

. said: Okay, so I just heated up a plate of spaghetti. Had to push the button 3 times to get the power level I wanted paying attention it was the right one. then I hit 4 more buttons to set the time paying attention that I put in the right amount of time, then hit start. 8 buttons pushed so far and having to pay attention the whole time, if a mistake is made starting over again. Ding, the spaghetti is not hot enough,  have to do it all over again  so now 16 buttons pushed having to pay close attention to keep from making mistakes. Just t =o heat a plate of spaghetti.

­
So get a Sharp microwave and press the Start button 5 times. Stop whining. You failed to study the interface before you bought the microwave.

If it is not hot enough, press Start again for 30 more seconds.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Okay, so I just heated up a plate of spaghetti. Had to push the button 3 times to get the power level I wanted paying attention it was the right one. then I hit 4 more buttons to set the time paying attention that I put in the right amount of time, then hit start. 8 buttons pushed so far and having to pay attention the whole time, if a mistake is made starting over again. Ding, the spaghetti is not hot enough,  have to do it all over again  so now 16 buttons pushed having to pay close attention to keep from making mistakes. Just t =o heat a plate of spaghetti.

­
So get a Sharp microwave and press the Start button 5 times. Stop whining. You failed to study the interface before you bought the microwave.

If it is not hot enough, press Start again for 30 more seconds.

­I think people who buy those have to have the latest thing even though it doen't save them any time and effort.

WOW, LOOK AT ALL THOSE BUTTONS !
\
:trev:

Posted by Back in the Future
Unregistered

I suspect you also use the rotary dial cell phone from Cricket?

Posted by .
Unregistered

Back in the Future said: I suspect you also use the rotary dial cell phone from Cricket?

­I use whatever  saves me money, time and effort. Push button microwaves don't. They are like buying a Chevrolet Cavalier with all the bells and whistles

. said:
­I think people who buy those have to have the latest thing even though it doen't save them any time and effort.

WOW, LOOK AT ALL THOSE BUTTONS !
\
:trev:

­
It's only $90 for 1000 watts and an excellent interface. And it doesn't self distruct like a GE.

http://www.amazon.com/Sharp-R-309YW-1000-watt-Microwave-Mid-Size/dp/B007EV5FUI

:facepalm:

Posted by .
Unregistered

Are there microwaves that can sense when they food is cooked and automatically shut off ?

Posted by death2me
Reminder: U=U

­
Yes, I push it 10 times. The first push starts it on high and the rest add time.

­Well that's a rather OCD way of activating it...

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.