Topic: I tired one of those push button micorwaves, what a hassle, went back to rotary dial.
Posted by .
Unregistered

To start the push button one I had to set the power level, then input the time to cook, then hit start. With the rotary just turn the dial to how many minutes and you are cooking. All those extra buttons for popcorn and other stuff useless, they either undercooked or overcooked.

Posted by .
Unregistered

is it possible to buy one

Posted by Akins
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

. said: is it possible to buy one

­Yeah, Walmart sells the knob kind cheap.

It's the base model.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Akins said:

It's the base model.

­Cheap ? the oens I've seen cost more than push button ones. They are turning into a special item that commands a premium price.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
Akins said:

It's the base model.

­Cheap ? the oens I've seen cost more than push button ones. They are turning into a special item that commands a premium price.

­Okay, looked at Walmart, they had a rotary for $56, lots of push button ones for $49, but more expensive ones too.

Posted by .
Unregistered

link to the one with the knob on walmart.com I couldn't find it

Posted by .
Unregistered

I still have my fist microwave, about 22 years old, from a Walmart too, it has a knob.   Magic Chef.  It was $100 back in '92.

Posted by .
Unregistered

We have the dial ones at work that­ I don't like. There isn't the rotating feature which is needed to cook evenly and if you open the door to stir or check your food it doesn't save the time you have to reset the dial again.

Posted by .
Unregistered

U need one of these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-NORDIC-WARE-62301-MICRO-GO-ROUND-MICROWAVE-TURNTABLE-USA-COMPACT-/400372122335

Not sure why so expensive.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:

No way. They are the cheapest fucking model. You're thinking of those electronic ones with a fake rotary dial which selects shit on the screen.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: We have the dial ones at work that­ I don't like. There isn't the rotating feature which is needed to cook evenly and if you open the door to stir or check your food it doesn't save the time you have to reset the dial again.

Christ. We have fancy brand name stainless steel ones.

Posted by teapots.nli
Unregistered

I have a heavy steel range which burns natural gas.  I don't live on the space-station where I need to radiate my freeze-dried mango ice cream.

Posted by .
Unregistered

You need to return to your roots by cooking maze on an open flame in the middle of your apartment.

Posted by teapots.nli
Unregistered

. said: You need to return to your roots by cooking maze on an open flame in the middle of your apartment.

Exactly.  Why are whytes so weak without radioactive devices?

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: link to the one with the knob on walmart.com I couldn't find it

­http://www.walmart.com/ip/14897479?www=true&productRedirect=true

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: We have the dial ones at work that­ I don't like. There isn't the rotating feature which is needed to cook evenly and if you open the door to stir or check your food it doesn't save the time you have to reset the dial again.

­My rotary has a revolving carousel . Wow, you must have an old one or areal cheapo.

Posted by Original_Lonley_Guy_

. said: To start the push button one I had to set the power level, then input the time to cook, then hit start. With the rotary just turn the dial to how many minutes and you are cooking. All those extra buttons for popcorn and other stuff useless, they either undercooked or overcooked.

­
I have a Sharp microwave that lets you just press the 30 second increment a couple times and that's it. No need to even press start.

GE has an even better interface, but it is patented and their microwaves self distruct in a year or two.

Next time pay attention to the interface BEFORE you walk out of the store, Cletus.

Posted by .
Unregistered

I used to have a microwave that would turn on when the door opened. No troll!

Posted by .
Unregistered

Original_Lonley_Guy_ said:
­
I have a Sharp microwave that lets you just press the 30 second increment a couple times and that's it. No need to even press start.

GE has an even better interface, but it is patented and their microwaves self distruct in a year or two.

Next time pay attention to the interface BEFORE you walk out of the store, Cletus.

­
What do you do if you want to do 5 minutes ?  Push it 10 times ? Or do a bunch of fancy button pushing like I described ? I just turn the dial to 5 minutes.

Posted by .
Unregistered

I have an 1100 watt 2.0 ft^3 GE Profile with a vent-hood that I installed over the Jenn Air gas grill, and that was in 2003.

Thing still works perfectly.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­
What do you do if you want to do 5 minutes ?  Push it 10 times ? Or do a bunch of fancy button pushing like I described ? I just turn the dial to 5 minutes.

Fancy button pushing and brain thinking... I just heat up my meal on the radiator like we did in dubya dubya two.
\
:gramps:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
. said:
­

Fancy button pushing and brain thinking... I just heat up my meal on the radiator like we did in dubya dubya two.
\
:gramps:

­LETS GO TRY THIS NEW THING !
\
:geny:

. said:
­

­

­
Yes, I push it 10 times. The first push starts it on high and the rest add time.

Posted by .
Unregistered

­
Yes, I push it 10 times. The first push starts it on high and the rest add time.

:lol:

. said: I have an 1100 watt 2.0 ft^3 GE Profile with a vent-hood that I installed over the Jenn Air gas grill, and that was in 2003.

Thing still works perfectly.

­
^^
Autistic post that has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

:facepalm:

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.