Topic: The art of Philip R. Goodwin - straight or not straight?
Posted by Akins
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Lots of paintings with two guys together.......

Posted by .
Unregistered

There are 3 dudes in the third one.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Question for Akins: Would you drag your wife along with you on a hunting or fishing trip?

Posted by .
Unregistered

Why would women be out in the wilderness? :wtf:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Question for Akins: Would you drag your wife along with you on a hunting or fishing trip?

This. Wtf is this guy thinking? He must have no friends.

Posted by Akins
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Philip R. Goodwin (September 16, 1881 – December 14, 1935) was an American painter and illustrator who specialized in depictions of wildlife, the outdoors, fishing, hunting and the Old American West. He provided illustrations for numerous books and magazines, as well as for commercial items, such as posters, advertisements and calendars. He is perhaps best known for illustrating Jack London's The Call of the Wild and for providing the cover art for many issues of Outdoor Recreation / Outdoor Life Magazine during the 1920s and early 1930s. He is also the artist who designed the Horse & Rider Trademark of the Winchester Repeating Arms Company.[1] Goodwin was a very private person and did not seek publicity, so not much was known about his private life during his lifetime. Most of what is known comes from letters held at the Buffalo Bill Historical Center.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Again, Akins shows his stupidity.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Definite Jewish influence.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Another question for Akins: why wouldn't a person go out into the wilderness alone?  Why is that a bad idea?

Posted by .
Unregistered

Op is extremely insecure about his sexuality.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Op is extremely insecure about his sexuality.

Why?  He's too washed up to be straight or gay.

Posted by Akins
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Can't find out much about Goodwin. No indication that he was ever married. He is described as being "intensely private" in regard to his personal life. Most of his paintings show pairs of men together doing "manly" outdoor things.

I actually like his artwork, it's nostalgic and reminds me of the good old days; but something about the men paired together close to a single tent is suggestive of something not quite straight.

Posted by .
Unregistered

The hat.
Dead give away.

Posted by .
Unregistered

It reminds me of the good old gays.

Posted by .
Unregistered

I mean days.

Posted by Akins
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

. said: It reminds me of the good old gays.

­image

Posted by Akins
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

. said: Definite Jewish influence.

­Rhode Island School of Design

Posted by .
Unregistered

Akins said: but something about the men paired together close to a single tent is suggestive of something not quite straight.

They didn't have ginormous RVs and women were supposed to FSCC in those days.

I don't think you need to look at those paintings, you need to look at yourself.

Posted by Akins
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

. said:
Akins said: but something about the men paired together close to a single tent is suggestive of something not quite straight.

They didn't have ginormous RVs and women were supposed to FSCC in those days.

I don't think you need to look at those paintings, you need to look at yourself.

­Let's look at Goodwin:

:bluebunny:

Posted by .
Unregistered

What does a fag look like, Akins?

Posted by Akins
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

. said: What does a fag look like, Akins?

­image

Posted by .
Unregistered

Akins said:
. said: What does a fag look like, Akins?

They look like OLG.

http://i.imgur.com/LUs9haq.jpg

fixt

Posted by .
Unregistered

Off of the same Wiki page: Goodwin became good friends with Charles Russell, staying with him at Russell's Lazy KY Ranch and his Bull Head Lodge, and also traveling with him on painting, hunting and fishing expeditions. On these expeditions, Russell and Goodwin influenced each other's painting techniques. Goodwin was also friends with Carl Rungius, an avid outdoorsman who taught Goodwin the finer points of hunting and surviving in the wilderness. Goodwin also met and became friends with Theodore Roosevelt, Will Rogers, and Ernest Seton Thompson. Goodwin's calendars were published by Brown and Bigelow, the nation’s largest calendar publisher and he received substantial commissions for illustrating advertisements for the Horton Manufacturing Company (Maker of Steel fishing rods), Winchester Repeating Arms Company and Marlin Firearms Company

TR didn't hang out with queers.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Is that a baby's foot? :wtf:

Posted by Akins
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

. said: Off of the same Wiki page: Goodwin became good friends with Charles Russell, staying with him at Russell's Lazy KY Ranch and his Bull Head Lodge, and also traveling with him on painting, hunting and fishing expeditions. On these expeditions, Russell and Goodwin influenced each other's painting techniques. Goodwin was also friends with Carl Rungius, an avid outdoorsman who taught Goodwin the finer points of hunting and surviving in the wilderness. Goodwin also met and became friends with Theodore Roosevelt, Will Rogers, and Ernest Seton Thompson. Goodwin's calendars were published by Brown and Bigelow, the nation’s largest calendar publisher and he received substantial commissions for illustrating advertisements for the Horton Manufacturing Company (Maker of Steel fishing rods), Winchester Repeating Arms Company and Marlin Firearms Company

TR didn't hang out with queers.

­Teddy was the original bear.

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.