Topic: More lulz - Detroit now in blackout conditions
Posted by Akins
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/detroit/2014/12/02/power-outage-blackout-downtown-detroit/19777075/

Downtown area hit by massive Detroit power outage

Power outages are reported across downtown Detroit this morning, including all fire stations and a number of schools, the People Mover and the Frank Murphy Hall of Justice courthouse.

The murder trial of Bob Bashara was abruptly paused after the lights flickered and went out. People are evacuating the courthouse by the stairwell.

Detroit Fire Department reports that some fire stations are on generator power, and all are able to take calls by landline or radio.
Roughly 100 buildings, all served by Detroit's Public Lighting Department, are without power. The cause of the outage hasn't yet been determined, DTE Energy spokesman Scott Simons said.

Meanwhile, many non-public buildings are unaffected.

Reports of the outages began flooding fire department radio traffic shortly after 10:30 a.m. today, with dispatchers checking to make sure the stations were able to open their garage doors.
The Detroit Historical Society lost power while a school group was in the Streets of Old Detroit exhibit, according to organization spokesman Bob Sadler.

"There wasn't any panic" he said. "The staff acted fast. They had flashlights. They moved them up to lobby and they boarded their busses."
Some old and delicate pieces in the DHS collection are temperature- and humidity-controlled, but Sadler said the power outage won't impact their well-being.

Posted by .
Unregistered

The muzzies have honed in

Posted by .
Unregistered

Thanks for the breaking news, but Detroit's been blacked out since the 70s.

Posted by .
Unregistered

That's Detoilet's version of Black Friday.

Posted by death2me
Reminder: U=U

Rude. You should be rooting for Detroit's success--it's a fine city with lots of potential.

Posted by .
Unregistered

death2me said: Rude. You should be rooting for Detroit's success--it's a fine city with lots of potential.

It's outlived its usefulness.

Posted by death2me

. said:

Horseshit. Lots of potential and lots of space.

Give it to me as chief planner and I shall fix it.

Posted by .
Unregistered

death2me said: Rude. You should be rooting for Detroit's success--it's a fine city with lots of potential.

Post regged, Obongo!

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: That's Detoilet's version of Black Friday.

Very apt, since the power failure was due to TNB

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
Very apt, since the power failure was due to TNB

Da mayor fixed it up foe us foe sum Crissmass looting, I mean shoppin
\
:tyrone:

Posted by .
Unregistered

Detoilet iz MeccaWest yo!
\
:tyrone:

Posted by .
Unregistered

death2me said:

Says the fuckwit who has been posting about planning to kill himself.

Face it, you are full of shit. Mostly

Posted by .
Unregistered

Mostly reflective of your stupid politics and mentally disease sexuality.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Latest reports now say the blackout was caused when several unknown person's managed to steal a substation transformer a mile outside Detroit.
Officials surmise they took it to cut up for scrap metal as the reclamation price of copper is nearly $4 per pound

Posted by .
Unregistered

death2me said:

How would you do that?

Posted by .
Unregistered

death2me said:
. said:

­What's your plan ? To outsource jobs by the thousands and insource cheap labor  ? Then sit back and wait for the miracle of  trickle down ? :thumbup:

Posted by Akins
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Detroit will become a Muslim-American stronghold by 2050, the blacks will be forced to either convert or will be driven out by the Muslims.

Posted by .
Unregistered

ARE YOU INFERRING THEY DIDN'T PAY THEIR ELECTRIC BILL?

Posted by Simon Legree
Unregistered

Akins said: Detroit will become a Muslim-American stronghold by 2050, the blacks will be forced to either convert or will be driven out by the Muslims.

I'm trying to imagine africans living without pork ribs.

Posted by death2me

. said: Mostly reflective of your stupid politics and mentally disease sexuality.

I'll assume that was directed at me. :wave:

Posted by .
Unregistered

Simon Legree said:
Akins said: Detroit will become a Muslim-American stronghold by 2050, the blacks will be forced to either convert or will be driven out by the Muslims.

I'm trying to imagine africans living without pork ribs.

Or 40s of malt liquor.

Posted by wsd.nli
Unregistered

Power running quite well here. :wave:

Posted by death2me

. said:
How would you do that?

My strategy would be to focus on using that available and cheap space for innovative businesses and arts facilities that need it. There are plenty of businesses here and in other major cities that aren't economically viable due to high rents. An "Experimentation District?"

I'd be OK with owners and tenants shooting thieves and trespassers as they wish (but I would not tolerate unsightly barbed wire).

I'd work to get border controls between the US & Canada removed and I would also work to make a decent place to shop and fill up on gas before heading south to Canada. (Currently locals say to avoid such gas stations due to robbery.)

I would also use the spacious road network to put in the best biking grid system in North America.

Posted by WalterScottDempsey

­It's already a stronghold thanks to Dearborn and Sterling Heights.

Posted by .
Unregistered

WalterScottDempsey said:
­It's already a stronghold thanks to Dearborn and Sterling Heights.

http://i.imgur.com/g6tU66L.jpg

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.