Topic: When someone says "French mustard" do you think Dijon? Or do y ou think of the bright yellow stuff?
Posted by .
Unregistered

I know there is a brand of the bright yellow kind called "French's", but to me that is American mustard, Dijon is French mustard.

Posted by .
Unregistered

90% of the mustard in France is actually grown in Canada. Go figure.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Apparently Colman's, the company famous for their blindingly hot English mustard, makes a variety that they call "French" mustard:

Posted by .
Unregistered

Its the yellow shite Americans like to put on their "hawt dawgs".

Posted by .
Unregistered

I think of a little fat gay man shitting in the street

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Its the yellow shite Americans like to put on their "hawt dawgs".

­:nono: That's not French mustard though, that's American mustard.

Posted by .
Unregistered

I've tried eating the Colman's English mustard before, that stuff is thermonuclear, like wasabi. It will set your sinuses on fire.

Posted by .
Unregistered

I tried Dijon for a while, it doesn't have the kick of the yellow US mustard.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: I've tried eating the Colman's English mustard before, that stuff is thermonuclear, like wasabi. It will set your sinuses on fire.

Sounds good. Must try.

Posted by .
Unregistered

'Wasabi' is actually mostly horseradish in the US. Genuine wasabi is very expensive and hard to source. The green stuff with your sushi is a blend of wasabi and horseradish. Damn tasty.

:nuke:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
. said: I've tried eating the Colman's English mustard before, that stuff is thermonuclear, like wasabi. It will set your sinuses on fire.

Sounds good. Must try.

­Eat at least a teaspoon full right out of a fresh jar.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Frenches is a brand

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: 'Wasabi' is actually mostly horseradish in the US. Genuine wasabi is very expensive and hard to source. The green stuff with your sushi is a blend of wasabi and horseradish. Damn tasty.

:nuke:

­I'm not a sushi eater, but I've had wasabi-flavored items before.

Very stingy-tasting.

Posted by .
Unregistered

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=french's+mustard&tag=mh0b-20&index=gourmet&hvadid=3482459546&ref=pd_sl_89q27dc116_e

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Frenches is a brand

­Yes, an American brand, famous for their American yellow mustard, which is quite unlike French mustard.

Posted by .
Unregistered

French's evidently also makes a French-type mustard in addition to their more usual yellow American kind and other varieties:

Posted by .
Unregistered

The yellow stuff is quite pedestrian.
\
:snob:

Posted by .
Unregistered

Coleman's Mustard is good but it goes bad. Just like milk.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Coleman's Mustard is good but it goes bad. Just like milk.

­How does mustard go bad?

Posted by .
Unregistered

I think of my wang in yuor girls Goose, you?

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
. said: Coleman's Mustard is good but it goes bad. Just like milk.

­How does mustard go bad?

'Bad' in the sense after being opened it loses flavor gradually. Refrigerating it slows the process. Never buy mustard that isn't in a GLASS jar.

Posted by Original_Lonley_Guy_

The only good mustard in the world is German mustard. And all the imported stuff is shit. You have to bring it back with you.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Good German mustard is available in specialty sores. I get mine at a German Butchershop.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Good German mustard is available in specialty stores. I get mine at a German Butchershop.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Original_Lonley_Guy_ said: The only good mustard in the world is German mustard. And all the imported stuff is shit. You have to bring it back with you.

­There used to be a German (Bavarian) style mustard that came in a small jar with a colorful label and it was my favorite mustard.

Can't find it anymore, don't remember who made it, but it was the best, sort of a darker color, not seedy or hot, sort of tangy and slightly sweet, but fucking delicious.

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.