Topic: Fulbright scholar Michael Gilmor dead at 22-23
Posted by .
Unregistered

If you spent one year in Poland as a teacher you would also want to kill yourself.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: I knew him personally, this was an unexpected tragedy. This thread is full of clueless and disrespectful people.

­
So what was the cause of death? Aortic aneurysms in someone his age are virtually unheard of. If that was the actual cause, the family should spread awareness of the condition to help others, maybe start a foundation.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­
So what was the cause of death? Aortic aneurysms in someone his age are virtually unheard of. If that was the actual cause, the family should spread awareness of the condition to help others, maybe start a foundation.

­
Don't be a naive people. Plenty of young people die every day. It's not unusual.

Posted by .
Unregistered

thats a odd spelling of the name:interdasting:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: thats a odd spelling of the name:interdasting:

­
You think it should be Gilmore with an "e" because of the Gilmore Girls show?

Posted by .Doucey
Unregistered

. said:
­
bullshit, you lying bastard!

When you're in your seventies & eighties, you will be losing your eyesight and your hearing, if you haven't lost it already. You would have lost your strength. You will be in constant body pain due to arthritis and gout. You will look old, wrinkled, ugly, & weak.

You would have already undergone major  heart or some other major surgery or you will undergo it very soon. You have to be very careful about what you eat & drink. You have to be very carefully not to over-exert yourself. You may not be able to travel. You may be bed-ridden.

Truth is, most people in their seventies or older would rather be dead than living the way they do.

Posted by .Doucey
Unregistered

I too searched to find out how a 22 year old died... could not find anything... 

I was over 60 when I was a Fulbright in Slovakia. I am 83 now, and still love teaching at the University of San Francisco, teaching incoming international students how to give presentations, enjoy discussions and get the pronunciation right of their second or sometimes third language. 

Do your research... a big percentage of octogenarians now are in good health, and enjoying life and still contributing to this beautiful planet. Be careful with all those big statements you make about something you know little about.  

Also, if you are in your 20s, the possibilities of staying well are increasing every year... Who knows what life will be like when you are 80.  Perhaps you could contribute, even then.

Posted by .
Unregistered

.Doucey said: I too searched to find out how a 22 year old died... could not find anything... 

I was over 60 when I was a Fulbright in Slovakia. I am 83 now, and still love teaching at the University of San Francisco, teaching incoming international students how to give presentations, enjoy discussions and get the pronunciation right of their second or sometimes third language. 

Do your research... a big percentage of octogenarians now are in good health, and enjoying life and still contributing to this beautiful planet. Be careful with all those big statements you make about something you know little about.  

Also, if you are in your 20s, the possibilities of staying well are increasing every year... Who knows what life will be like when you are 80.  Perhaps you could contribute, even then.

­
Are you a regular F2BBS contributor/reader or did you just find this thread on google based on the topic?

Posted by .
Unregistered

This was uploaded 5 days before his death. I wonder what really happened to him. The aneurysm story doesn't seem to add up and does not come from the obituary or the family. He seems a bit sad here.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: This was uploaded 5 days before his death. I wonder what really happened to him. The aneurysm story doesn't seem to add up and does not come from the obituary or the family. He seems a bit sad here.

I've formbed friendships and relationships that are going to last a lifetime.

:sadwave:
Easy to say when you've got only 5 days left.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:

I've formbed friendships and relationships that are going to last a lifetime.

:sadwave:
Easy to say when you've got only 5 days left.

­
He meant what he said. :rockon:

Posted by .
Unregistered

Is that a Fulbright scarf or just a fashion choice? A little warm in August to wear a scarf but it works on him.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Is that a Fulbright scarf or just a fashion choice? A little warm in August to wear a scarf but it works on him.

It's a scarf with Polish national colors and symbols. It's often worn by Polish nationalists and soccer hooligans.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Interview with his girlfriend earlier this year.

https://archive.storycorps.org/interviews/fulbright-stories-briana-krewson-and-michael-gilmor/

Posted by .
Unregistered

This is Michael’s brother. Michael died from an aortic aneurysm. I am disturbed that so many people would insinuate that my brother took his own life or overdosed on drugs.

Please stop tarnishing my brother’s legacy.

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.