Topic: What happens if I don't pay my medical bill?
Posted by .
Unregistered


. said:
 . said:
­
Nope I don't because I have too much money in my bank account. Also I'm too old and I'm only supporting myself. I already tried.

Medicaid no longer has an asset test. Yuo = Liar

OP :mittens::lol:


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said:
­
You have too much money in the bank but can't pay a little over $1,000?

­
Considering I'm unemployed and burning through $2000 a month, I'm not happy paying such a huge bill. Also, including the $400 I already paid, it's over 1500 dollars.


Posted by .OP
Unregistered


To all the people here who aren't immature idiots who shout "troll" in every thread, take my advice. If you don't have health insurance, avoid the ER if you can.

Go to an urgent care center instead where they have a set price like a $100. I would have saved over a 1000 dollars if I went to an Urgent Care instead. 

Also, I've decided to pay off my bill in full. Not worth ruining my credit history and likely getting sued by the collection agency.


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said:
 . said:
 . said:
­
Nope I don't because I have too much money in my bank account. Also I'm too old and I'm only supporting myself. I already tried.

Medicaid no longer has an asset test. Yuo = Liar

OP :mittens::lol:

:nuke:


Posted by .
Unregistered


Too bad the op can't pass for an illegal. Hispanic Americans who can speak good spanish can just go in to a Hospital and pretend they're an illegal­ with a made up name and get free care.
They don't even try to bill you.
1. Be somewhat mexican looking and speak like one.
2. Have a good address in the bario.
3. Don't blow it by speaking english and pretend you're having a hard time understanding it well.
4. Look like you want to steal something j/k


Posted by .
Unregistered


They could repossess your livers.


Posted by .
Unregistered


just claim to be an illegal immigrant and give a fake name


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said:
Quit being a fucking deadbeat and pay your fucking bills.

:allthis:


Posted by DOCTOR_FILTH
Unregistered


15 HARDBOILED EGGS, AMIRITE?
\
:gayness:


Posted by .
Unregistered


DOCTOR_FILTH said: 15 HARDBOILED EGGS, AMIRITE?
\
:gayness:

I'm guessing gerbils were involved.


Posted by .
Unregistered


They won't sue you


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said:
. said:
Quit being a fucking deadbeat and pay your fucking bills.

:allthis:

Fuck that and fuck the emergency room. I knew I guy with no insurance who was in a traffic accident went to the emergency room and they said he needed surgery on his neck. After spending thousands on specialists it was determined the surgery was going to be $150,000+ which he couldn't afford. In the meantime his wife, who had just started her job when the accident happened, began receiving medical with which he was covered. He had the $150,000+ surgery and afterward looked to see how much his wife's insurance paid for the operation. The total the insurance company paid was $21,000.


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said:
Fuck that and fuck the emergency room. I knew I guy with no insurance who was in a traffic accident went to the emergency room and they said he needed surgery on his neck. After spending thousands on specialists it was determined the surgery was going to be $150,000+ which he couldn't afford. In the meantime his wife, who had just started her job when the accident happened, began receiving medical with which he was covered. He had the $150,000+ surgery and afterward looked to see how much his wife's insurance paid for the operation. The total the insurance company paid was $21,000.

So, how did the dumbfuck idiot pay the balance of $129,000? :shrug:


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said:
. said:
Fuck that and fuck the emergency room. I knew I guy with no insurance who was in a traffic accident went to the emergency room and they said he needed surgery on his neck. After spending thousands on specialists it was determined the surgery was going to be $150,000+ which he couldn't afford. In the meantime his wife, who had just started her job when the accident happened, began receiving medical with which he was covered. He had the $150,000+ surgery and afterward looked to see how much his wife's insurance paid for the operation. The total the insurance company paid was $21,000.

So, how did the dumbfuck idiot pay the balance of $129,000? :shrug:

He didn't pay anything. The fee the hospital wanted to charge him as a cash payer was $150K+. What the hospital charged his wife's insurance for the same procedure was $21K. The question is, why is the American medical establishment charging a cash payer $130K more than an insurance company for the same procedure?


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said:
He didn't pay anything. The fee the hospital wanted to charge him as a cash payer was $150K+. What the hospital charged his wife's insurance for the same procedure was $21K. The question is, why is the American medical establishment charging a cash payer $130K more than an insurance company for the same procedure?

Because they can and the government won't do shit about it. They ALWAYS screw patients who pay cash. Always.


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said:
What is your income?

Only $1800 annual total.


Posted by teapots.nli
Unregistered


US is a shithole.  FACT.


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said:
He didn't pay anything. The fee the hospital wanted to charge him as a cash payer was $150K+. What the hospital charged his wife's insurance for the same procedure was $21K. The question is, why is the American medical establishment charging a cash payer $130K more than an insurance company for the same procedure?

­
Volume. The insurance company negotiates discounts because they pay the hospital millions of dollars a year. If you were getting that $150K operation every year you could negotiate too.


Posted by .
Unregistered


for an organ transplant they will take the organ back out of your body


Posted by .
Unregistered


I suppose you could just refuse to pay, but what were you in the ER for? If you need more treatment they will get yuo!


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said: just claim to be an illegal immigrant and give a fake name

­well said
Of course I said it first
You used less "woids" so
Well played.


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said:
. said:
He didn't pay anything. The fee the hospital wanted to charge him as a cash payer was $150K+. What the hospital charged his wife's insurance for the same procedure was $21K. The question is, why is the American medical establishment charging a cash payer $130K more than an insurance company for the same procedure?

­
Volume. The insurance company negotiates discounts because they pay the hospital millions of dollars a year. If you were getting that $150K operation every year you could negotiate too.

­

didn't Obamacare fix this problem?


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said:
­
Volume. The insurance company negotiates discounts because they pay the hospital millions of dollars a year. If you were getting that $150K operation every year you could negotiate too.

Did you go to the socialist institute of absurd economics, comrade?


Posted by .
Unregistered


. said: I had to go to the ER. Just received my bill. $800 physician's bill & $850 ER bill. They made me pay $400 before I could leave the ER so my ER bill is now $450.

Still I owe $800 plus $450 and they're already threatening to send my bill to the collection agency.

They said they can offer me a 15% discount on the physician's bill if I pay promptly in full which brings that down to $680. So if I pay in full, I have to pay $680 + $450. They absolutely refuse to give me any more discounts

What happens if I let it go to collections? I'm guessing it will ruin my credit score & credit report but is that such a big deal? I just have to wait 7 years, right?

This is not a troll. Oh and if you haven't already figured it out, I don't have insurance.

­
Let me guess...you voted for Trump and don't believe in Universal Healthcare because it's "socialist"?
:snicker:


Posted by .OP
Unregistered


. said:
­
Let me guess...you voted for Trump and don't believe in Universal Healthcare because it's "socialist"?
:snicker:

­
Yes but it's not right for you to kick me when I'm down



Quick Reply
Moniker:
 

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.

Log In | Register | Close