Topic: I busted up a rental car without the extra insurance. Should I drop it off in the dead of night?
Posted by .
Unregistered

Thank god I have a terribly low credit card limit.  Should I spend the rest now?

Posted by .
Unregistered

Yes and prepared to be sued for the rest of what you owe.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Yes and prepared to be sued for the rest of what you owe.

­
The credit card companies I have stiffed over the years never sued me.  Maybe they will just write it off like the other jokers?

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
. said: Yes and prepared to be sued for the rest of what you owe.

­
The credit card companies I have stiffed over the years never sued me.  Maybe they will just write it off like the other jokers?
/
:carlton:

You sound like a real boon to any society.  I hope you breed and produce a plethora of like-minded spawn.
/
:snob:

Posted by .
Unregistered

Hi spanky
:wave:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Hi spanky
:wave:

­
Different deadbeat.  But Spanky is right, credit card companies rarely sue.  Rental car companies, I am not so sure about.

True fact:  7 years down the road those chargeoffs don't even show anymore.   I have 4 credit cards and a decent score.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Anyone else?

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Anyone else?

The rental car company will sue you........they have real good lawyers. :dumbass:

Posted by .
Unregistered

Every one of their cars is already insured so they will not suffered financially and have no reason to sue you. If anything,  it would be the insurance company initiating a legal action.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Every one of their cars is already insured so they will not suffered financially and have no reason to sue you. If anything,  it would be the insurance company initiating a legal action.

Never EVER rent a fucking car.  It is a fool's errand.  Most of these ((((companies)))) deliberately try and mug you off by claiming there is damage when you return it, and even if you took out extra insurance etc they charge a grand deductible.

One company, a GERMAN one (fucking KUNTZ) was fined a shitton of money for deliberately scamming people out of millions.  Europcar I think they were called.  
https://www.thesun.co.uk/motors/4033850/car-hire-scandal-half-a-million-brits-could-have-been-overcharged-30million-by-europcar-for-inflated-rental-repairs-as-fraud-probe-is-launched/

My advice, just take fucking taxis. But NOT Uber. Bunch of unlicensed, uninsured :arab:

Posted by teapots.nli
Unregistered

Wear a disguise (so security cameras can't recognize you), park it in the rental company's lot at night, then report it stolen. Cry on the phone as you tell them. Say you were carjacked by (((juggaloes))). :my64:

When they shortly discover it parked in their lot, they'll be so confused and grateful that they will forget about the damages you did to the car. :thankyouthankyou:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Every one of their cars is already insured so they will not suffered financially and have no reason to sue you. If anything,  it would be the insurance company initiating a legal action.

^^^ Idiot

Like most (if not all) major rental car companies, Enterprise is “self-insured,” which means the company will use its own funds — not liability insurance procured from a third party — to pay any judgments arising from its operations.­

They will sue for damages.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
. said: Anyone else?

The rental car company will sue you........they have real good lawyers. :dumbass:

Posted by .
Unregistered

Report it stolen.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Drive the car down the freeway flat out and crash it into a bridge.  The car will be totalled, you will be killed, and you won't have to deal with trivial matters such as damaged rental cars, low credit card limits or (((lawyers)))).  Do you understand me?

Posted by .
Unregistered

But I am a deadbeat.  So they sue me.  Bad money after good.  They won't see much in return.  Hell, I am hard to serve.

Posted by .
Unregistered

"That's just paperwork" (Knoxville Defense)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lciHCXQFkNk&t=2m51s

Posted by .
Unregistered

NE1KNOA?  :shrug:

Posted by .
Unregistered

HEY!

Posted by .
Unregistered

Holy fuck, what a little bit of detective work can do for you.  I appear to have primary coverage via my Mastercard:

MasterCard Guide to Benefits:

“If you have no other insurance or your insurance does not cover you in territories or countries outside the United States, MasterRental is considered the primary coverage.”

https://www.capitalone.com/assets/credit-cards/pdf/benefits-guide-platinum-mc.pdf

I guess I have no real worries.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Never EVER rent a fucking car.

My advice, just take fucking taxis. But NOT Uber. Bunch of unlicensed, uninsured :arab:

­
Taxis only make sense in dense urban environments. If you're visiting a small town, college town, rural, suburban location, you'll want to rent a car.

And when doing business in 3rd world countries, Uber is actually much better than taxis, since everything is documented with Uber, and they can't rip you off.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­
Taxis only make sense in dense urban environments.  If you're visiting a small town, college town, rural, suburban location, you'll want to rent a car.

And when doing business in 3rd world countries, Uber is actually much better than taxis, since everything is documented with Uber, and they can't rip you off.

­
With Uber you are fully paid up before you go, as you mention.  I did Uber for the first time last week before I took this rental.  First to a hotel, then to the car rental place.  I got two upstanding immigrants each time.  Jose and some Arab looking dude.  But both had decent English.  The Arab I think was a professional driver, he had that NY cabbie feel to the way he slipped in and out of traffic with extreme confidence.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:

They will sue for damages.

­
Your auto insurance policy covers most of the damages if you have full collision on another car.

More than likely, it won't be worth their while to sue just over a few $1,000 knowing they can't collect on it.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­
Your auto insurance policy covers most of the damages if you have full collision on another car.

More than likely, it won't be worth their while to sue just over a few $1,000 knowing they can't collect on it.

This loser doesn't have auto insurance. :LOL:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
This loser doesn't have auto insurance. :LOL:

­
Hey!  :mad:

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.