Topic: Facebook knows exactly how many times you’ve searched for your ex
Posted by Old.FC.Stalker
Unregistered

Facebook knows exactly how many times you’ve searched for your ex
https://qz.com/1303802/facebook-knows-exactly-how-many-times-youve-searched-for-your-ex/

Facebook knows a lot about you—including every time you’ve searched for an ex, a crush, or any other person on the platform.

This little tidbit is part of a 225-page document which includes more than 2,000 questions for Facebook from senators from the US Senate Commerce and Judiciary committees, and the company’s answers, submitted Friday (June 8). They are follow-ups to Mark Zuckerberg’s testimony before the committees in April.
California senator Kamala Harris asked in detail about the scope of Facebook’s data collection, and whether it “collects and permanently stores” every search users make for another person on Facebook.
The company answered that indeed, it did keep all the records of your online stalking. There’s good news: you can delete any search query you want, although it will take about six months for the log to completely disappear, Facebook says. Just go to the “Activity Log” on your profile page and click on “Search History.” Next to every query, there’s an option to delete it. Technically, no one can see this information except yourself, but better be safe than sorry, right?
Facebook’s responses to the Senate revealed some other creepy things it knows about you, including tracking your mouse movements, and whether you’re actively looking at Facebook or if it’s in the background.

Posted by .
Unregistered

Thank god I created a fake profile just for that...and to stalk on old classmates as well...

:lurker:  :crazygeorge:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: Thank god I created a fake profile just for that...and to stalk on old classmates as well...

Facebook knows that's your profile too.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
. said: Thank god I created a fake profile just for that...and to stalk on old classmates as well...

Facebook knows that's your profile too.

­
That doesn't mean that Facebook is going to tattle tell! :classiclol:
Facebook isn't in the business of Private Investigators.

Posted by .
Unregistered

­Same here.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­

­Under subpoena they will flip like the indicted members of Trump Campaign colluding with Russia.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­

No, but facebook sells the info to commercial data brokers like LexisNexis who in turn sell it to private Investigators.

Posted by casualStalker
Unregistered

there is a way to see who has looked at your profile, I forget the method but it involves looking at the page source HTML

Posted by .
Unregistered

casualStalker said: there is a way to see who has looked at your profile, I forget the method but it involves looking at the page source HTML

­

The thing is, if you have created an alternate profile from an alternate email and that alternate email has since been deleted or 'transferred' to another alternate email...how far down the rabbit hole is the trail going to go down? Jeff Bezos levels at tracking and hoarding peoples' purchase histories? :lol:  GMAFB.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said:
­

The thing is, if you have created an alternate profile from an alternate email and that alternate email has since been deleted or 'transferred' to another alternate email...how far down the rabbit hole is the trail going to go down? Jeff Bezos levels at tracking and hoarding peoples' purchase histories? :lol:  GMAFB.

You would need to be changing your IPs - radically like to a different ISP between accounts.

Posted by .
Unregistered

If you use Facebook then you are a narcissistic, retarded CUNT.  That's all.

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: If you use Facebook then you are a narcissistic, retarded CUNT.  That's all.

­This.

:potd:

Posted by .
Unregistered

. said: If you use Facebook then you are a narcissistic, retarded CUNT.  That's all.

­

It is a great way to stay in touch, send messages, learn about events in your region, check out someone's background and trustworthiness, etc.

Quick Reply
Moniker:

Registration Required

Thank you for your vote!

But in order to make it count, you must be a registered user.