F2 Navigation   |  Options  |  Login  |  Register  |  Status  |  FAQ  |  Upload Pics  |  Work-Safe Bookmark and Share

Back to Index | Reply to Topic

Page: 1 2 3  | Previous  Next | First  Last

Ever been to Toronto, Ontario, Canada?
Unregistered

. said:The worst part about Toronto is that the winters are brutally cold..

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/wxclimatology/monthly/graph/CAXX0504

This winter we barely had snow, and it wasn't really that cold.

Which probably means next winter we are screwed.
ironstorm88
Ask me about Anal Sex!

9241 posts

. said:
. said:The worst part about Toronto is that the winters are brutally cold..

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/wxclimatology/monthly/graph/CAXX0504

This winter we barely had snow, and it wasn't really that cold.

Which probably means next winter we are screwed.

Same here in Southeast Michigan. And remember: this is still just the beginning of Apri, so prepare for the ice storms.
Unregistered

. said:Like the rest of Canada it's a seriously severely racist place that prides itself in being tolerant and multicultural nad progressive, which is of course all BS.
\
:apu:

So how many whites get Indian citizenship? Is it greater than zero?
Unregistered

. said:Total shit network. It takes 2-3 hours to cross Toronto,.

Most of the action is concentrated around downtown, so you don't need to "cross Toronto". Virtually all the nightlife and elite firms are around downtown. So you can live, work, party in the same area, and not worry about the fringes.

But in the Los Angeles area, nightlife & elite firms are spread out all over the place.
Unregistered

. said:Most of the action is concentrated around downtown, so you don't need to "cross Toronto". Virtually all the nightlife and elite firms are around downtown. So you can live, work, party in the same area, and not worry about the fringes.

But in the Los Angeles area, nightlife & elite firms are spread out all over the place.

you can't even get to the airport, much less most of the actual attractions

And downtown nightclubs are shit
Unregistered

ironstorm88 said:You're a fucking pussy.

Deciding to not live in a frozen shithole is a personal preference. It has nothing to do with being a cowardly pussy.

Only a douchebag would live in a frozen wasteland to prove that he's a tough guy.

Unregistered

. said:you can't even get to the airport

Why doesn't Toronto link up the airport to the subway system?
Unregistered

. said:Why doesn't Toronto link up the airport to the subway system?

Fuck that, link up the GO train
death2me
I wouldn't hire me.

19110 posts

. said:You're an idiot.

The 407 is on a 20 year lease.

The QEW and 401 are completely free - as is highway 7.

407ETR is on a 99 year lease to a Spanish-Australian consortium. (Only 80-something years left.)
Unregistered

Because the airport is technically on Mississauga property.

For 30 years, they've been trying to cut a deal.
death2me
I wouldn't hire me.

19110 posts

What a shithole. :thumbdown:
death2me
I wouldn't hire me.

19110 posts

. said:

Fuck that, link up the GO train

That's basically what they're doing right now.
ironstorm88
Ask me about Anal Sex!

9241 posts

. said:
ironstorm88 said:You're a fucking pussy.

Deciding to not live in a frozen shithole is a personal preference. It has nothing to do with being a cowardly pussy.

Only a douchebag would live in a frozen wasteland to prove that he's a tough guy.

Quit whining and put on a coat if you must.
death2me
I wouldn't hire me.

19110 posts

ironstorm88 said:Quit whining and put on a coat if you must.

The weather here is shit.

No sane person chooses to live in a cold climate.
Unregistered

. said:

Squabbling with another duckberg.

Wow, real world-class city you got there, Hogtown!
:rofl:

:lalala:
Their water is polluted and their mayor's a dork
They dress real dummy and they think theyre New York
death2me
I wouldn't hire me.

19110 posts

. said:
. said:

Squabbling with another duckberg.

Wow, real world-class city you got there, Hogtown!
:rofl:

Their water is polluted and their mayor's a dork
They dress real dummy and they think theyre New York

The real reason is that there's no money for any transit expansion and there hasn't been for 40 years.

The reason that there is no money is because senior governments refuse to fund transit so it's all on the back of property taxpayers (20%) and riders (80%).

The feds have plenty of money to spend in Quebec though.

Unregistered

death2me said:The real reason is that there's no money for any transit expansion and there hasn't been for 40 years.

The reason that there is no money is because senior governments refuse to fund transit so it's all on the back of property taxpayers (20%) and riders (80%).

The feds have plenty of money to spend in Quebec

Fuck off you ignorant cunt.

That city built the subways with surplus money from the fare box.
Blame the fuckin' councillors who have turned it into their own kingdom begging money from higher ups.

Want money from the Feds like the States, have a powerful mayor like American cities do, not your stupid council that over turns your puppet mayor.

Toronto: whiners for more money. :rolleyes:
Unregistered

death2me said:The real reason is that there's no money for any transit expansion and there hasn't been for 40 years.

The feds have plenty of money to spend in Quebec though.

Totally incorrect. The funding has been in place to expand the TTC for over 20 years, but, the municipality keeps fucking around and changing their mind.

And the idea to extend the subway to York U was one of the stupidest ideas of all time.
death2me
I wouldn't hire me.

19110 posts

. said:Fuck off you ignorant cunt.

That city built the subways with surplus money from the fare box.
Blame the fuckin' councillors who have turned it into their own kingdom begging money from higher ups.

Want money from the Feds like the States, have a powerful mayor like American cities do, not your stupid council that over turns your puppet mayor.

Toronto: whiners for more money. :rolleyes:

That's right, the City built the original subway with money from the fare box because the system was profitable. This was in the 1950s though.

After the expansion into the suburbs it all turned to shit and can never be profitable again.

Personally I would prefer that the feds lower taxes so that there is more taxation room available for the province to tax and build something. (Who wants subway money being skimmed off the top by the feds for a Moosejaw light rail?)
death2me
I wouldn't hire me.

19110 posts

. said:Totally incorrect. The funding has been in place to expand the TTC for over 20 years, but, the municipality keeps fucking around and changing their mind.

And the idea to extend the subway to York U was one of the stupidest ideas of all time.

Wrong. 20 years ago the TTC still received an operating subsidy form the province. This was cancelled in 1996, along with most expansion funding. Times were tough for the TTC during the Harris years. There has been no stable and committed funding from senior governments for expansion ever since.

It's true that there has been some funding for Transit City earmarked for a couple of years now and that it's council's fault for not proceeding with the agreed upon expansions and the recent bickering. (Though, to be fair, the mayor had no authority to "cancel" Transit City.) But this money has only been committed for a couple of years, not twenty.

The York U project is retarded and was only approved because of Liberal ridings in York Region. The density to support it is just not there. Demand from that far north ought to be served by improved all-day GO Transit rail service, which is much cheaper than a subway.
Unregistered

death2me said:That's right, the City built the original subway with money from the fare box because the system was profitable. This was in the 1950s though.

After the expansion into the suburbs it all turned to shit and can never be profitable again.

Personally I would prefer that the feds lower taxes so that there is more taxation room available for the province to tax and build something. (Who wants subway money being skimmed off the top by the feds for a Moosejaw light rail?)

Single fare is the issue.
Why not zone rides like the GO train for costs.

.Toronto even fucked up the Upper/Lower Bay interchange because it would confuse riders if an east/west train went south. Again, GO does this everyday.

No wonder the city is a laughingstock to the rest of Canada.
It is responsible for making Ontario a have-not province.
Once the king, now a pauper.
Unregistered

death2me said:That's right, the City built the original subway with money from the fare box because the system was profitable. This was in the 1950s though.

Silly idea. Its all the same taxpayer. There are only so many times you can dip into their wallets.

The Subway needs to connect to the airport. period. The Sheppard line needs to be properly built. the LRT line needs to be dismantled, no point to having two technology bases on the same system.
Unregistered

death2me said:Wrong. 20 years ago the TTC still received an operating subsidy form the province. This was cancelled in 1996, along with most expansion funding. Times were tough for the TTC during the Harris years. There has been no stable and committed funding from senior governments for expansion ever since.

It's true that there has been some funding for Transit City earmarked for a couple of years now and that it's council's fault for not proceeding with the agreed upon expansions and the recent bickering. (Though, to be fair, the mayor had no authority to "cancel" Transit City.) But this money has only been committed for a couple of years, not twenty.

The York U project is retarded and was only approved because of Liberal ridings in York Region. The density to support it is just not there. Demand from that far north ought to be served by improved all-day GO Transit rail service, which is much cheaper than a subway.

Want funding from the province?
Hand it over to them. Viva and MetroLinx would be happy to take it over.

Oh no! Councillors can't then dole out cushy union jobs that have ticket takers making more money than medical professionals. What a national embarrassment the city of Toronto is.
Unregistered

ironstorm88 said:Quit whining and put on a coat if you must.

No thanks. I'll just choose not to live in a frozen shithole.

When people around the world are looking for an enjoyable vacation, nobody says "Let's go to Toronto in the winter!"

mr the teapots
Registered

17628 posts

:rockon: T DOT IS THE NEW JERUSALEM HATERS

Page: 1 2 3  | Previous  Next | First  Last

Back to Index | Reply to Topic

Quick Reply
Moniker: