F2 Navigation   |  Options  |  Login  |  Register  |  Status  |  FAQ  |  Upload Pics  |  Work-Safe Bookmark and Share

Back to Index | Reply to Topic

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6  | Previous  Next | First  Last

SURVIVAL TARDS: Serious question for those preparing for social chaos.
Unregistered

. said:
. said:One assualt rifle, one thousand rounds of ammo, one years supply of food. You'll thank me later.

I have over 40 weapons, close to 500k rounds and spare parts, 5 years of food. All my friends and neighbors are all survivalists, we practice group defense etc. You are a victim dude. :trev:

And IRL you have Hot pockets and Twinkies in mom's basement. :lol:
Unregistered

. said:
. said:One assualt rifle, one thousand rounds of ammo, one years supply of food. You'll thank me later.

I have over 40 weapons, close to 500k rounds and spare parts, 5 years of food. All my friends and neighbors are all survivalists, we practice group defense etc. You are a victim dude.

Your post made me laugh. My son is at Fort Bragg, and he and his buddies have a stash that is close to what you're describing, minus the 5 years of food. They probably have several months, though.
Unregistered

Paul.Milne said:Buy a rusty hubcap and a dog.

Your moniker. Nice touch. How soon they forget....
Unregistered

. said:
bensa said:

You need to get out of town, at least far enough away so that people without cars cannot make it to where you are. Even better if you are more than a tank of gas away.

this is fucking retarded. For most people, including myself, going to a fucking forest is just a death sentence. There is no fucking chance that most American including Bensa I suppose can hunt and find enough food to feed and cut enough wood to build fire for winter freezing months and collect enough water to keep hydrate.

I would probably be fine in, say, Northern Arkansas or Western Oregon -- lots of woods and streams, caves that are generally around 50 degrees. Plenty of fish and birds. I'm not much on skinning animals, but could learn. I can clean and process ANYTHING that comes out of the water. I would probably be okay in the swamp area of E. Texas / W. Louisiana.
Unregistered

I think you guys are just not thinking big enough. Sure, a shitty little AR won't be much good against a roving band of looters. But what about a flamethrower? And instead of holing up like a faggot, what about maurading around looting and killing with your flamethrower + tow missiles?
Unregistered

rifle will jam before you have a chance to use the ammo

do you know how to fix it? no? then...

you > :a2m:
Unregistered

. said:Bury a stash or two in the woods, or on farmland if you have land.

If you have food, you will be robbed. Have a stash of food buried. Also have a firearm or two buried. Simply get a paint bucket, fill it with gun oil, and then drop in your gun, along with a few sealed boxes of ammo.

you will just get robbed moving to/from your stash. and then...

Unregistered

. said:you will just get robbed moving to/from your stash. and then...

You will mean only one thing to me - a fresh supply of jerky.
Unregistered

Fuck this, I'll just stay in my house in the suburbs. The roving bands of savages are in the city, my neighbors and I all have guns, and worst case, we'll take shifts patrolling and shoot all parties trying to enter.

This is a military base community with kids around. No way hooligans will be breaking into houses here. Their parents will kill themb. We'll bartertown some fucking chickens and livestock and and farm the shit out of this place.
Unregistered

prophet amadeus said: if you don't fish, and you don't hunt, you starve.

only people who have never hunted or fished say shit like this. most lakes and rivers do not have enough fish to support even a small town for any length of time. same for most game reserves. the areas with the game are mostly uninhabited and difficult to survivie for any length of time in unless you have extreme survival skills.

and even if you could catch some fish or game, do you know how to clean, gut, prepare and store it safely? No? then...

Unregistered

subvet said:And what happens when your entire town hunts the same forests? Fishes the same streams?

Society has long since exceeded the carrying capacity of local ecosystems. There's simply not enough foraging sources left to feed but a fraction of any given population.

exactly. it takes ten square miles of land to sustain a single person in a hunter/gatherer scenario.
Unregistered

. said:only people who have never hunted or fished say shit like this. most lakes and rivers do not have enough fish to support even a small town for any length of time. same for most game reserves. the areas with the game are mostly uninhabited and difficult to survivie for any length of time in unless you have extreme survival skills.

and even if you could catch some fish or game, do you know how to clean, gut, prepare and store it safely? No? then...

I hope you have teenaged daughters to trade, or know how to suck dick. :lol:
Unregistered

prophet amadeus said:Long term, your only hope of survival is not to be near any town. If you are within 100 miles of a city, you are too close.

long term, if you are in the wilderness you will almost certainly die of infection or exposure or dehydration

best bet is to hole up somewhere in a city that you can defend. and defend it. can't defend it? then...

Unregistered

. said:The Masonic cult known as the Mormons stockpile a years supply of food for a reason. One assault rifle, one thousand rounds of ammo, one years supply of food. You retards know I'm right.

the mormons would survive if they could feed and protect their people

but if people started going hungry, their society would break down too and then...

weak mormon > :a2m: < strong mormon
Unregistered

Katrina was a dress rehearsal for the future.
Unregistered

prophet amadeus said:
mr the teapots said:This isn't going to happen but if it did a city would the the long term safe place to be.

How mistaken you are. However, that is why you will be in one of the first 2/3rds described.

Maybe after a decade or two the city will become liveable again, but, you really do not want to be there during the rioting and the disease.

more people would survive in cities than anyplace else

many would die true. but 10% or so would survive and set up a new order based on barter and tribalism...

bartered "full" service > :a2m:
Unregistered

. said:Here's some good advice:

If you really think that the shit is going to hit the fan, start preparing NOW by fasting 1 or 2 days a week. Just drink a couple of liquids, and maybe consume 200 calories in powdered protein or veggies.

This will make you stronger and more level headed than most people. And, if the shit doesn't hit the fan, you will be less of a fatass.

yes, burn all your fat cells, so you won't have any to draw from!
\
:winner:
Unregistered

Anarchy and a collapse into warlordism is perhaps an outside possibility. But complete collapse into hunter-level subsistence? Seems very, very unlikely.
Unregistered

I don't know why this is such a mystery. Survival food is survival food is survival food. People live for years on a handful of rice and a handful of vegetables a day. We have a fucking PET OBESITY problem. Food is cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap. Just fucking buy some!

1. A 50# sack of rice is 2000 calories a day for one person for 40 days. One pound is 1650 calories rounded up a touch. One (six foot tall muscular or fat) man working hard all day will need more than 2000 calories to keep from steadily losing body weight, so two pounds a day and you've got your calories. One pound if you're sitting on your ass, which is REALLY what you should be doing.

2. Beans

One 15-ounce can of beans = one and one-half cups cooked beans, drained.

One pound dry beans = six cups cooked beans, drained.

One pound dry beans = two cups dry beans.

One cup dry beans = three cups cooked beans, drained.

That said, beans are mostly carbs with a little protein thrown in there but no one bean has all the amino acids necessary to make a complete protein. If you only eat kidney beans, you might as well just eat white rice, which is a lot cheaper and easier to cook.

Mix a bunch of beans together when you cook them to give yourself the best shot at making a complete protein so you won't lose muscle mass so fast. Legumes like yellow and green split peas and lentils help to fill in the gaps as well so might as well get used to those, too. Look up more particulars on nutritiondata.com to figure out how to get a complete protein out of beans. The advantage is that beans can be stored dry and cool, not canned/frozen/dried/whatever, so they're easy to store. Small red beans are great for calories and proteins, black eyed peas have lots of different amino acids, and adzuki beans are supposed to be some kind of superbean but I can't figure out why. Hambeens is a mix of 13 different beans, I bet you would wind up with a complete protein if you took any random 13 beans and at them together.

Garbanzo beans are the traditional basis for hummus, but you can use any kind of beans you want. It's just bean dip... not a big mystery here.

3. Protein/fats are your friends. Fish oil capsules are God's gift to a survivalist. That shit is GOOD for you, relatively cheap, great for your blood and skin (which is the largest organ in your body), and provide THE counterpoint to eating a lot of beef or pork. I have a little bit of a medical background and
Unregistered

Garbanzo beans are the traditional basis for hummus, but you can use any kind of beans you want. It's just bean dip... not a big mystery here.

3. Protein/fats are your friends. Fish oil capsules are God's gift to a survivalist. That shit is GOOD for you, relatively cheap, great for your blood and skin (which is the largest organ in your body), and provide THE counterpoint to eating a lot of beef or pork. I have a little bit of a medical background and can suggest taking 10 grams of fish oil a day for general cardiovascular health. That's ten capsules a day. Go to Costco and back up the truck, and buy you a really gigantic shitload of fish oil capsules. Or, go with the Kirkland enteric coated 180 count capsules and take two a day due to the much greater concentration of the good stuff. Little more money, fewer calories and less fat, but it hits the cardiovascular nail on the head. Want more calories get the cheap ones, but if space is at a premium then get the enteric coated.

Canned white albacore tuna is your friend. Go to taco bell and del taco and just ROB those fuckers of little packets of hot sauce. Good quickie meal if you don't need carbs.

Next, look around your grocery store and realize that you can pretty much buy whole chickens or turkeys for the cost of potatoes or onions. Buy the fucking meat. Then get your ass to eBay and get one of those kick ass aluminum All-American pressure canners. Get two of the big ones so you can do 21 quarts in each one at a time. When turkey goes on sale for 99c/lb, do two a day. If you want to cut down on the fat, part out the turkey and grill it first, then can. Same with chicken. But, if you're a survivalist, you probably want the fat AND the skin. Maybe separate and can separately or can some stock or something.

More to come
Unregistered

If you're smart, you'll get one of the big double-burner propane burners that are spaced far enough apart that you can run both pressure canners at the same time. When Winco has two-bags of fryer chickens on sale for 59c/lb, load the fuck up and can that cheap protein for all you're worth. You can run both canners four times in a day if you stay on it, and that will net you 164 quarts of protein and fat. Fuck Mountain House, that would cost you a FORTUNE, and all you need is a five gallon tank and a fucking Saturday.

The setup isn't cheap, you're looking at $1,000 in hardware and a buck a jar for glass, plus the food.

I would recommend blowing a little dough on extra propane tanks. Three, four, five of the five-gallon tanks, and maybe one or two of the bigger ones. That guarantees you can boil water, cook your food, heat your house, whatever you want. Propane's pretty versatile.

4. Water

If you don't have your water situation squared away, nothing else matters. Store three gallons per person per day for as long as you want to live. 55-gallon blue food grade barrels are $40. For a four person family, you get 13-14 days per barrel. Two a month, 24 for a year. Have you ever seen 24 55-gallon barrels in a suburban garage before? Before you start thinking about stacking them up, remember they weigh close to one BSU.

Are you going to store gas? Ride bicycles everywhere? Walk?
Unregistered

Learn to eat from natures kitchen.
AustralianCarFancier
Registered

7609 posts

Pets? euthanise them quickly.
prophet amadeus
Registered

35 posts

. said:only people who have never hunted or fished say shit like this. most lakes and rivers do not have enough fish to support even a small town for any length of time. same for most game reserves. the areas with the game are mostly uninhabited and difficult to survivie for any length of time in unless you have extreme survival skills.

My observation is not meant to support a small town. It is meant to support a family - which is your primary objective.

Yes, I can clean, gut, and prepare it. I am quite familliar with how to clean a fish (and angling is a poor means to catch fish reliably) Game is harder to catch and gut.

You can use either smoking, salting, or pickling to preserve either. Smoking tastes the best, but, pickling keeps the longest. Smoking is easy, provided you have learned the basic skills ahead of time.

I believe we know which side of the emoticon you are on.
mr the teapots
Registered

17604 posts

Here's my theory: this whole american fantasy of a marauding apocalypse is a phenomenon of white americans and driven by their fear of negros. This fear is in turn driven by unrepented guilt for the exploitation of the same, and an unconcious acknowledgement that the negros would be quite justified in marauding.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6  | Previous  Next | First  Last

Back to Index | Reply to Topic

Quick Reply
Moniker: